Stacey Dooley in the USA (Mon,BBC3, 9pm)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    His brother said "he has that problem".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »
    This girl (lovely though she may be) makes me cringe in extreme toe curling fashion.

This. Her delivery is so unnatural - it's obvious she's just reading the links - and her touchy-feely approach makes me want to heave.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is she not questioning there beliefs? If anything she's playing into them. This is so frustrating.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was quite a good insight but she could've dug deeper I felt. She should've given that founder at the end a lot harder questions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    It was quite a good insight but she could've dug deeper I felt. She should've given that founder at the end a lot harder questions.

I kind of think it was a good thing that she didn't. Hopefully most of us were thinking the same thing, but her observational style allowed us as viewers to see it as it is and contemplate it rather than be coerced into a forceful reaction. I think understated can be very powerful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shadowrb wrote: »
    I kind of think it was a good thing that she didn't. Hopefully most of us were thinking the same thing, but her observational style allowed us as viewers to see it as and contemplate it deeper it is rather than be coerced into a forceful reaction. I think understated can be very powerful.

Yeah, I mean it seemed to leave it a bit wide open but left you kind of thinking as well. I did like the style it was done in the sense it just showed things happening. Like the fact the cameras were allowed to stay in the camp even though she had to leave. Sort of showed it more natural instead of her following them around all weekend asking them questions.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that mother and father in the kitchen were very homophobic, especially the father. This would make it Xx harder for him to come clean about his real sexuality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a pretty decent one tonight. She went in at the deep end and wasn't afraid to ask questions. Plus I'm glad it told you what happened to the people at the end.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite part was her hearing 'sinister whistling' outside her hotel room.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a pretty decent one tonight. She went in at the deep end and wasn't afraid to ask questions. Plus I'm glad it told you what happened to the people at the end.

I thought tonight's episode was about something different. If I'd known it was continuing from last time I'd have recorded it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite part was her hearing 'sinister whistling' outside her hotel room.

Sounded like a Cartel was about to perform a hit or something lol
  • Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's definitely worth a second chance.

I watched the episode with the gay therapy the other day and thought it was really good. She seemed totally non judgemental even though I am sure it was difficult to keep her opinions quiet, she just let the guys tell their stories. She still got the message across without hurting anyone. I think she should stay away from the economics and political stories and keep with human interest stuff. She could grow to be like a nicer, less judgmental Louis Theroux
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »
    This girl (lovely though she may be) makes me cringe in extreme toe curling fashion. The series where she 'examined' the Eurozone crisis was truly embarrassing stuff.

She's clearly no journalist, how exactly did she end up with all these plum jobs?

She's beautiful.
    She is sincere.
    She is your gal next door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the episode with the gay therapy the other day and thought it was really good. She seemed totally non judgemental even though I am sure it was difficult to keep her opinions quiet, she just let the guys tell their stories. She still got the message across without hurting anyone. I think she should stay away from the economics and political stories and keep with human interest stuff. She could grow to be like a nicer, less judgmental Louis Theroux

I definitely agree. She's only young, definitely got time to learn her ways more.
  • 0100110101001101 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I watched her for the first time in 'The Truth About Magaluf' last night.

I thought she was really good. Apart from being very pretty and having a bit of a Sarah Michelle Gellar look about her, I though her presenting style was very engaging.

She's certainly no fool, and I suspect that she's not nearly as naive as first impressions might lead you to think.

:)
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    01001101 wrote: »
    I watched her for the first time in 'The Truth About Magaluf' last night.

I thought she was really good. Apart from being very pretty and having a bit of a Sarah Michelle Gellar look about her, I though her presenting style was very engaging.

She's certainly no fool, and I suspect that she's not nearly as naive as first impressions might lead you to think.

I've seen a few of her shows and I'm leaning toward thinking she really is as naive as she seems - if we take at face value her chasing around after knife wielding prostitutes that is!
    I've never seen her use a faux naivity to extract any real revelations in the way Louis Theroux does anyway.

Still she's a nice kid and I expect the target audience can relate to her.
  • 0100110101001101 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough I thought of Louis Theroux when I was typing my post! You may be right, but she let slip one or two nuggets of wisdom during the programme, so I was duly beguiled.

I'm a bit too old to relate to her, but I did anyway.

=================

Oh, and here's the 't' I missed from 'thought' in my previous post: 't'

• SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is a rich girl like her talking so cor blimey Guvnor?