Options

going on a first date tonight in central london...where should i pick?

bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So self explanatory really, i met someone and we are going on a first date tonight. Because he is quite new to London, he has asked me to pick somewhere and im really stuck! Ive a few no nos

1) No cinema
2) No restaurant (cant afford it)
3) Preferably not a bar

Id prefer it to be quite cheap. We are meeting somewhere in central london at 8pm. Does anyone know of any good museums / gallaries or fun things to do that open late-ish?

Id really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So self explanatory really, i met someone and we are going on a first date tonight. Because he is quite new to London, he has asked me to pick somewhere and im really stuck! Ive a few no nos

1) No cinema
    2) No restaurant (cant afford it)
    3) Preferably not a bar

Id prefer it to be quite cheap. We are meeting somewhere in central london at 8pm. Does anyone know of any good museums / gallaries or fun things to do that open late-ish?

Id really appreciate any help. Thank you.

i dont know London, but my advice would be to keep it simple...

go for a nice coffee somewhere....and maybe some pie

less is more :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd also go with coffee - no pressure then. Personal preference of course but I'd be horrified by a date at a museum!
  • Options
    harjamharjam Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I'd go for coffee and cake.

Museum a definate no-no for me but personal taste.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pat on the back for me..:)
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep coffee and cake is a good idea, then if you fancy it you can head on somewhere else (although I'd say a bar but you've said you'd prefer not?)

Where are you based? You could find a nice little independent coffee shop?
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, well following your suggestions im going to take him for a walk starting at leicster square, down to traflagar and up the mall to buckhingham palace. Then go for coffee and cake. He has never been to these places before, so I thought it would be quite nice (if a tad cheesy)
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    coffee is good. there is no obligation to spend the entire evening with someone that way. you can always extend it if you like.

but somewhere interesting. not starbucks.
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This place is fab - http://www.qype.co.uk/place/992509-ScooterCaffe-London it's in Waterloo though, I love that area, the Southbank is also and excellent walk along the river, past the tate and then onto the Waterloo area just in case you change your plans - the hot chocolate at this place is imported from Italy and is the best I have ever tasted.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mookle wrote: »
    This place is fab - http://www.qype.co.uk/place/992509-ScooterCaffe-London it's in Waterloo though, I love that area, the Southbank is also and excellent walk along the river, past the tate and then onto the Waterloo area just in case you change your plans - the hot chocolate at this place is imported from Italy and is the best I have ever tasted.

had a look at your link its sounds a lovely friendly place :)