Plan to discredit Nigel Farage hits new low

Comments

• crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    I'm not too worried. It's one thing for us to discuss it here and the bravado of people saying they will vote for Ukippers but when it comes down to a general election they have no hope. They have no proven record in any office that matters and people always remember that.

So the plan is....... wait for it......
    Yes!!!! vote the same in!
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,546
    Forum Member
    DadDancer wrote: »
    Nah things are different now, UKIP will be the 3rd party replacing the Lib Dems.

In the Euro elections, possibly. But there's no long-term future for a one-issue party.
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    The liberal democrats are always hitting a new low, they are the party of lows.

Would have thought that description would be better applied to the Tories.
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one needs to discredit Nigel Farage, because he never had any credibility to begin with.

Agreed. UKIP are a passing fad a bit like the BNP were a few years ago. They will get a very good result in the Euros then eveyone will yet again realise how ineffectual one issue paries are and abandon them.
  • gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    Do you SERIOUSLY think there is a conspiracy to discredit Farage?

Yes there is a five point plan remember, and as a hope not hate member i am pretty sure you are part of it.

Remember 100 days to stop UKip.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/nick/article/3427/100-days-to-go

Help us counter UKIP's xenophobic agenda on May 22. Donate now to support our 100-Day Plan.

So, here are the top 5 steps of the Plan (believe it or not the full list is longer):

1. Fight the headlines -- UKIP's anti-migrant scare tactics already fill our newspapers, and they're only getting worse. Your donation supports our rapid rebuttal team whose job it will be to expose their lies.

2. Spread the hope -- Britons deserve to know what a vote for UKIP really means. Just £15 will pay for 1,000 leaflets outlining their fear-filled agenda and £100 is enough to fund 500,000 online ads.

3. Empower the next generation -- Your support will fund Campus Call Outs at dozens of universities where we'll register and mobilise student voters.

4. Celebrate the real Britain -- Our diverse culture deserves to be celebrated. Help us fight anti-migrant rhetoric with a campaign that celebrates the many faces of real Britain.

5. Get out the vote -- Make sure everybody has a voice on Election Day. We're working with faith-based and community groups to ensure every eligible citizen is ready and able to cast their vote on May 22.

I am on the verge of giving myself because it seems to be helping UKip not hindering them.
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHAFT wrote: »
    Agreed. UKIP are a passing fad a bit like the BNP were a few years ago. They will get a very good result in the Euros then eveyone will yet again realise how ineffectual one issue paries are and abandon them.

i don't recall the BNP being anywhere near as popular as UKIP, and we are into new territory with the demise of the Lib Dems. They hit the self destruct button the moment they got in bed with the Tories. Given this i don't think we can apply past trends.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it tells me one thing, the Lib Dems must be worried by UKIP ahead of the farce that is elections to the EU parliament. I hope UKIP win droves of seats.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sadly UKip last week had their highest ever poll rating of 19% on the back of their conference, that was a Guardian poll too :o, and those damn UKippers are bound to get a bounce after the debate with the darling of the left Nick Clegg !

Why do the mainstream media insist on talking about UKip, all this publicity isn't helping, and im now seriously worried that all the anti UKip stories are starting to backfire.

The problem for the mainstream parties is no one (apart from their slavish tribalists) believes their BS anymore, So when they go out of their way to demonise UKIP or any other party everyone undecided goes "yeah right" and starts looking at the target as a potential home for their protest vote.

The mainstream parties of course are oblivious to their near universal lack of credibility and are therefore blind to all this.
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Well it tells me one thing, the Lib Dems must be worried by UKIP ahead of the farce that is elections to the EU parliament. I hope UKIP win droves of seats.

Agreed, the first election I remember was when Edward Heath defeated Harold Wilson in 1970 and none of the parties have impressed me since then. We need something new as the mainstream parties are so out of touch they have nothing to offer us. The old failed policies won't do any more.
  • jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    The greater the share of the vote in polls, and the more seats they waste in the EU, the funnier the spectacle will be when they come crashing back to Earth in May 2015.

That said, what I'd really like to see is a Tory/UKIP coalition in 2015. Won't be good for the country, but I'll weigh about four tons by the end of it with all the popcorn I'll have eaten.
  • guypdguypd Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. UKIP are a passing fad a bit like the BNP were a few years ago.

Blimey.

The BNP were the third biggest party in the populat vote, ahead of one of the currently governing parties, both of which are suffering from Headless Chicken Syndrome as a consequence of their influence?

I must have missed that.
  • Fappy_McFapperFappy_McFapper Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the delusions of UKIP supporters highly entertaining.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    guypd wrote: »
    Blimey.

The BNP were the third biggest party in the populat vote, ahead of one of the currently governing parties, both of which are suffering from Headless Chicken Syndrome as a consequence of their influence?

I must have missed that.
    "Biggest" party ?

Show me here where they are biggest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election#2014
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With this vid & the news that Clegg will likely lead the Lib Dems till 2020 they deserve to be buried and UKIP to take most of their seats similar to the last Scottish election with Lib Dem and the SNP
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey.

I must have missed that.
    Even Farage himself regards UKIP as a catalyst, not a permanent political force. He has compared UKIP to the SDP and the effect that had on politics. The key difference being that the SDP were at the centre of the political spectrum (which determines election results). UKIP are at one end of the spectrum. Not somewhere that has so much influence. Easy to pick up disaffected Tory supporters, much harder to pick up Labour support.
  • crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    In the Euro elections, possibly. But there's no long-term future for a one-issue party.

Sooooo when you see their shiny new manifesto you could be swayed ?
    Forum Member
    crystallad wrote: »
    Sooooo when you see their shiny new manifesto you could be swayed ?

Whatever is in their manifesto, they will still be a one-issue party.

I would never vote for them myself.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    I find the delusions of UKIP supporters highly entertaining.
    Particularly the whole Millwallesque "no-one likes us, we don't care" attitude, and, of course, "the entire media is completely against us, only we speak the truth*" schtik

*except when Uncle Nigel realises that one of our members' diatribes against the Jews/gays/Scots/BBC/Muslims has gone too far and disowns us..
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    I'm all PC and outraged.>:(

Not like either of them need to be discredited, they manage it all on their own :D
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Whatever is in their manifesto, they will still be a one-issue party.

I would never vote for them myself.

They might have one issue they sell themselves on, but I'd never chance them not implementing their other ideas, most of which I find thoroughly unpalateable.
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Blimey.

I must have missed that.

Given UKIP came second at the last Euro elections, are you not setting sights a bit low?

They'll come first or second this year.

And still have no MPs in 2015
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member

UKIP's appeal only extends to ignorants who believe that immigrants are the cause of practically every problem the country faces, and those who know that immigrants aren't that cause, but prefer to blame them anyway.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKIP's appeal only extends to ignorants who believe that immigrants are the cause of practically every problem the country faces, and those who know that immigrants aren't that cause, but prefer to blame them anyway.

Politicans are to blame for the mass immgration of low skill people IE Blairs decision to open the uks borders to eastern europeans on day one,a whole two years before most of the other EU countries.

Its very convienient to say "ignorants" but our own low skilled people with mortgages and rents to pay cannot keep seeing their living standards decimated, by an influx of cheap Labour the way it has been.

We had a cheeky Labour Blogger on LBC radio this morning with Nick Ferrari, suggesting working class people would keep voting Labour as they had nowhere else to go.!

I would not take the votes for granted matey.

As Bob Crow said when his union disafilliated from Labour, why keep giving money/or indeed voting for people that keep shi--ing on you.>:(
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just seen this.

God, how embarrassing. I was going to say Farage will have the last laugh, but after watching that, it will be the first.

The LibDems are the most po faced party of the lot and really should try to avoid humour.

And standing for election, frankly.
  • warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @RedHotSquirrel: Unemployment:
    2.6% UK 1972 (prior to EU)
    7.2% UK 2014
    3.2% Switzerland 2014 (non-EU)
    3.6% Norway 2014 (non-EU)
    12.0% Eurozone 2014