What's the best / worst thing you have seen at the theatre recently?

bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I love the theatre - big plays, tiny - off West end plays, some musicals. I just wondered what you have seen in the last couple of years that you have really loved / loathed. I'd love to find out about things I haven't seen that you might recommend. So ill start......

Best - curious incident of the dog in the night time. Thought this was just a wonderful production, such innovative use of lighting, so detailed, and just a marvellous interpretation of the book. I had no idea how they would be able to transfer the book onto a stage, but they do it really well and they do it faithfully.

Worst - unfortunately I have to say speed the plow. It had a really flimsy plot, the frenetic style of delivery must be really difficult to achieve successfully and the two men just handled it really badly, it was very stilted. Lindsay Lohan was just appalling, people were laughing all around me as she was so wooden - i almost felt sorry for her. She may have been having an off night as some reviews have been quite kind about her, but she delivered her lines like she was literally reading them from a book for the first time.

So, what's yours? Ps I know I've stuck to productions in London, but please mention anything good you have seen wherever it is.