My thoughts on last night's EE.

emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been a massive supporter of the storyline but last night has shifted it a bit for me. I can understand the whole not telling Bobby thing and protecting him BUT I can't suspend reality when it comes to Jane. Would you honestly forgive someone that fast who put your daughter's dead body in the boot of the car (supposedly with intent to go to the hospital, what would she have done when she got there? Getting someone out the boot?!) then dumping her body in the the woods and leaving an innocent man in jail for months whilst your family are in turmoil about what happened to their loved one? Really?!

Comments

• lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really! The whole thing was a horrible turn of events! Ian can see that Jane's grief was real and everything she did, was to protect a young boy who thru all love!

Yes she made some choices and kept some huge secrets but there was a purpose to them that came from love!
  • Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get where you are coming from, everything u can understand but the dumping of the body I think is a bit wrong.

However, I suppose Jane had to make a quick decision and thought at the time it was right.

As Jane kept saying, Lucy was dead when she got there, it's not like she could have saved her, however for me she should have left her in the lounge.
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really tried to put myself in Ian's place and imagine it was my daughter but I just can't see myself forgiving someone that fast in that situation. Fair enough protect the little boy but to keep it from Ian. I just can't empathise with that.
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you put someone in the boot if your intent was to take them to hospital?
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I was listening intently when Ian asked Jane why she didn't continue going to the hospital and apparently decided to take a detour and dump her on the common!

Did anyone hear the explanation for that? All I heard was something about a boy who had been killed and flowers put by the lamp post where he died, but what had that got to do with her deciding to put her body on the common....?
  • Ross PKRoss PK Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    I was listening intently when Ian asked Jane why she didn't continue going to the hospital and apparently decided to take a detour and dump her on the common!

Did anyone hear the explanation for that? All I heard was something about a boy who had been killed and flowers put by the lamp post where he died, but what had that got to do with her deciding to put her body on the common....?

Yeah, I remember that. Maybe she couldn't remember her line properly.
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »

She said the flowers made her think of little boy's mother and how broken she must be without her son. She also said "if I told them it was me Bobby would lose his mum but if I told the truth I would lose him".

Also, like Jane said, Bobby was just 10 years old. The guilt of killing his own sister and tearing his family apart would devastate him. Ian and Peter could have turned their back's on him and the poor child would have been outcasted over an accident.