Big Brother 6 (2005)

hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
Forum Member
So another thread to discuss another series :D

What are people's opinions of BB6?

I am up to Saskias eviction and week 5 has definitely been the most interesting yet.

I felt Mary went far to early, but Lesley was horrid and I felt indifferent towards Sam and Roberto.

Now we have this house divide and I am really looking forward to seeing how this progresses now that Saskias gone. I find the way Derek and Science interact very funny and Kemal and makosi are both very funny.

The way maxwell and saskia acted towards Kemal on the water throwing night was just disgusting - I am actually really surprised that maxwell survived over saskia though.

One thing that's left me scratching my head is why the reducers thought it was a good idea to evict one of the new HMs after 3 days? Each HM has potential and Makosis secret mission in itself was interesting enough so this seemed a bit pointless. Kinga was wasted!

Btw, I kkow how BB6 ends so don't worry about spoiling it.

Comments

• BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Mary definitely went far to early, couldnt stand that Lesley !
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    I agree Mary definitely went far to early, couldnt stand that Lesley !

I genuinely think it could be argued that C4 made up the rules as they went along just as C5 do now. They never said on launch night that if makosi passed Her secret mission SHE would choose who faced eviction. Sounds a bit fishy.

Also with the Day 32 eviction, they probably didn't suspect that Kinga would be chosen to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I genuinely think it could be argued that C4 made up the rules as they went along just as C5 do now. They never said on launch night that if makosi passed Her secret mission SHE would choose who faced eviction. Sounds a bit fishy.

Also with the Day 32 eviction, they probably didn't suspect that Kinga would be chosen to go.

Its always a bit iffy when they don't give the full details of a task/reward at the start of it but you dont know why lol I thought Kinga would be chosen to go over the others, she seemed more OTT lol
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I thought Mary was interesting but she had 'walker' written all over her so I wasn't too bothered when she was evicted. I think she was already starting to take it way too seriously.

For me BB6 is great up until week 8 when it starts getting tedious and draining.
    I think it's a classic example of the most interesting characters imploding and getting evicted against duds.
    I wouldn't say weeks 8-11 are terrible but they're certainly a major step down from the previous weeks. The only real highlight for me is Kinga entering and bringing some much-needed harmless fun to the proceedings.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I am actually not sure you whether I want to continue BB6. I'd quite like to look into a different era of BB. I kind of want to watch BB1. I am not rally sure :D
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started watching this series :) I'm onto Day 6 I think? When Davina's live in the studio during nominations and Makosi has to pick the two to face the public vote. At the moment I can't bare Derek, his demanding attitude and temper is becoming tedious, as with Roberto when he gets talking and won't stop.

I love Makosi, such a good game player during the twist. Mary's cute too, I know she's the first to be evicted and it's such a shame :( I'd much rather we lost Craig.

The dullest housemate for me is Anthony and Makosi commenting on the way he acts 'I'll call her this but then I'll say it's a joke so the public don't vote me out' is spot on!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mary wanted the leave as soon as she arrived and seemed to spend a lot of the first week in bed being miserable. An obvious first evictee, even though Craig was thoroughly obnoxious.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually not sure you whether I want to continue BB6. I'd quite like to look into a different era of BB. I kind of want to watch BB1. I am not rally sure :D

BB6 can be quite hard-going for some, as pretty much every housemate turns out to be a sh*t! :D The main reason the winner won was because they were the least offensive to the general audience.
    BB1 is great fun, but quite different to later BBs, in a good way. :)
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Mary wanted the leave as soon as she arrived and seemed to spend a lot of the first week in bed being miserable. An obvious first evictee, even though Craig was thoroughly obnoxious.

I seen some of BB6 but BB5 put me off a lot of BBs.

You mention Craig.

Wasn't he a hairdresser?

And there was something about him getting death threats I think if I recall right and I think it had to do with Anthony being drunk and Craig manhandling him I think.

Anyone recall any of this?
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craig the hairdresser and his wonderful launch night VT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEcBeNb8jdw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    I seen some of BB6 but BB5 put me off a lot of BBs.

You mention Craig.

Wasn't he a hairdresser?

And there was something about him getting death threats I think if I recall right and I think it had to do with Anthony being drunk and Craig manhandling him I think.

Anyone recall any of this?

Oh yes what a night that was when Craig tried to "help" a very drunk Anthony! :o:D
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Craig the hairdresser and his wonderful launch night VT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEcBeNb8jdw

Hard to believe people were cheering him in after that VT.
    Vile little creep.
  • Point17Point17 Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makosis year! best season IMO!
  • sallystrawbsallystrawb Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Oh yes what a night that was when Craig tried to "help" a very drunk Anthony! :o:D

Oh yes, definately one of the more interesting BB's. Poor old Craig I do hope he got a bit of help when he left BB. He took (dragged) Anthony into the shower to sober him up. Then pulled him to the diary room (after Anthony chucked up everywhere), and if I remember rightly started kissing his cheek over and over, don't quote me though it was a while back...he was definitely obsessed with him though!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, definately one of the more interesting BB's. Poor old Craig I do hope he got a bit of help when he left BB. He took (dragged) Anthony into the shower to sober him up. Then pulled him to the diary room (after Anthony chucked up everywhere), and if I remember rightly started kissing his cheek over and over, don't quote me though it was a while back...he was definitely obsessed with him though!!

I can't remember the finer details due to the passage of time and in fact i am not sure i want too! :o But he was completely and totally obsessed with him and wouldnt let anyone else help! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a little behind! Onto Day 10 :) I can't understand why anybody would like Derek at this point, all he does is raise his voice and shout! Craig isn't all that bad at the moment as I expected and I'm surprised at how quiet Makosi has been.

I'm liking Saskia a lot now too :) and Kemal!
  • itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot believe it was 10 years ago. Gone so fast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot believe it was 10 years ago. Gone so fast.

10 years ago BB was exceptionally good.. :(

I've just got to Sam's eviction. After Lesley left I warmed to her a lot more and was pretty surprised Derek didn't go over her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig isn't all that bad at the moment as I expected.

He does get worse :D
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does get worse :D

His over reaction to being called Myra Hindley with his blonde wig on :D

I think my fave quote from him was "I refuse to diminish my character" lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    This was my fave series of Big Brother
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »

Oh yes, I forgot about these! He really was quite a character! :D

http://bbimages.digitalspy.co.uk/bb6/library/160x120_bb6_day62_myracraig.jpg
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig is my favourite HM of all time (Makosi a very close second). He was just compelling; some of the best screenwriters couldn't come up with a character like Craig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYHDBxm_iTo

Just marvellous.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Anthony
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »