How to burn a movie onto DVD?

15678911»

Comments

• newlight1newlight1 Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got this message, does this help at all?

Troubleshoot CD/DVD Drives Publisher details
    Issues found
    Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device)
    Not fixed
    Insert readable media

Succeeded

Issues checked
    Your CD/DVD class filter was not recognized
    Checked
    Your CD/DVD device is not recognized
    Checked
    Drive is disabled (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device)
    Checked
    Drive is not assigned a drive letter
    Checked
    Issues found Detection details
    Media in CD/DVD drive is not readable (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device) Not fixed
    The drive is empty or the media format is not supported
    Issues checked Detection details
    Your CD/DVD class filter was not recognized Checked
    Your CD/DVD device may not be recognized when plugged into your computer. This problem may occur if upper and lower filters are being used in the registry.
    Your CD/DVD device is not recognized Checked
    Your CD/DVD device may not be recognized when plugged into your computer. This problem may occur if upper and lower filters are being used in the registry.
    Drive is disabled (HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H41N ATA Device) Checked
    The CD/DVD drive have been disabled in Device Manager
    Drive is not assigned a drive letter Checked
    The CD/DVD drive is not accessible via an assigned drive letter
    Detection details
    Collection information
    Computer Name: VIV-PC
    Windows Version:
    Architecture:
    x86
    Time:
    6/21/2012 4:37:18 PM
    Publisher details
    Troubleshoot CD/DVD Drives
    This diagnostic identifies and resolves common problems that may prevent you from reading and writing CDs/DVDs
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Corporation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello All

I have created a video using freemake which has around 12 short videos on it and burned it to a DVD. I don't have the originals anymore, just the DVD with 12 short videos on it. I would like to take off just a few of the videos on the DVD and put onto my PC, but not all of them. Is it possible to do this or can I only down load the WHOLE dvd with all of the videos? Or maybe if I burned the DVD would it be then possible to remove just some of the videos from it that way? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks in advance!!!
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on how the DVD was structured, if you use freemake to rip the DVD to divx, it should give you the option of which videos to rip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    Depending on how the DVD was structured, if you use freemake to rip the DVD to divx, it should give you the option of which videos to rip.

Thanks I downloaded DIVX but when I opened the DVD with it, it only showed some of the dvd videos for some reason after I clicked on the dvd and it showed Video_TS and Audio_TS. . I opened it with Windows Media player and it showed all my videos but I couldn't figure out how to rip the videos in the Now Playing list on the right hand side.

However when I clicked on Rip it says "to begin click on an Audio CD into the CD drive" and it wont let me select the videos at all, in fact it wont even show any of the videos? But they are right there in the now playing list???

I tried to use freemake but it just crashed after it was finished converting and about to burn.

I just dont know how to get 6 of the 12 videos ripped from this DVD?

I also thought well I could just burn the particular videos I wanted from the DVD as on Windows Media Player and when I click on Burn it shows the DVD with ALL the videos listed. and on the right hand side it says Burn List Drag items here to burn. Well when I try to drag the videos on the left into the right hand side under the Burn list nothing happens, but if I click on the video it plays it?

Its a RW dvd, maybe there is a way I can just delete some of the videos on there by editing the DVD? Could I do that and if so how?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newlight1 wrote: »
    Thanks I downloaded DIVX but when I opened the DVD with it, it only showed some of the dvd videos for some reason after I clicked on the dvd and it showed Video_TS and Audio_TS. . I opened it with Windows Media player and it showed all my videos but I couldn't figure out how to rip the videos in the Now Playing list on the right hand side.

However when I clicked on Rip it says "to begin click on an Audio CD into the CD drive" and it wont let me select the videos at all, in fact it wont even show any of the videos? But they are right there in the now playing list???

I tried to use freemake but it just crashed after it was finished converting and about to burn.

I just dont know how to get 6 of the 12 videos ripped from this DVD?

I also thought well I could just burn the particular videos I wanted from the DVD as on Windows Media Player and when I click on Burn it shows the DVD with ALL the videos listed. and on the right hand side it says Burn List Drag items here to burn. Well when I try to drag the videos on the left into the right hand side under the Burn list nothing happens, but if I click on the video it plays it?

Its a RW dvd, maybe there is a way I can just delete some of the videos on there by editing the DVD? Could I do that and if so how?

I think you need to take a little time to understand the basics of video media.

Constantly reviving an old thread to find a shortcut to what you want to achieve without understanding the nature of the processes involved will just lead to you coming back and asking the same questions in different ways.

Why does Freemake crash? It shouldn't with a simple task like you're trying. But it seems to be happening at the burn stage and not during the re-encoding.

From the error logs it looks like your DVD/CD drive is not functioning due to the filter setting in the registry - it's quite a common complaint due to the installation or misconfiguration of burning softwares.

I say softwares as some have been found to not like peaceful coexistance - some don't uninstall cleanly, some have third-party dependencies and some are incompatible with certain versions of Windows.

As suggested previously, you may get away with a registry hack (I'm not going to attempt to advise you), but diagnose the PC (Memtest, HDD diagnostic), do a factory restore, get it updated (Windows updates) then re-install Freemake Video Converter, maybe VLC Media Player (for playback) and use maybe DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip the DVDs and DVD Shrink to re-author to ISO or files, use a decent ISO burner to write DVDs like ImgBurn.

This is an 'as-good-as-it-gets' freeware solution to all your video ripping/conversion/re-authoring/playback/burning needs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shhftw wrote: »
    I think you need to take a little time to understand the basics of video media.

Constantly reviving an old thread to find a shortcut to what you want to achieve without understanding the nature of the processes involved will just lead to you coming back and asking the same questions in different ways.

Why does Freemake crash? It shouldn't with a simple task like you're trying. But it seems to be happening at the burn stage and not during the re-encoding.

From the error logs it looks like your DVD/CD drive is not functioning due to the filter setting in the registry - it's quite a common complaint due to the installation or misconfiguration of burning softwares.

I say softwares as some have been found to not like peaceful coexistance - some don't uninstall cleanly, some have third-party dependencies and some are incompatible with certain versions of Windows.

As suggested previously, you may get away with a registry hack (I'm not going to attempt to advise you), but diagnose the PC (Memtest, HDD diagnostic), do a factory restore, get it updated (Windows updates) then re-install Freemake Video Converter, maybe VLC Media Player (for playback) and use maybe DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip the DVDs and DVD Shrink to re-author to ISO or files, use a decent ISO burner to write DVDs like ImgBurn.

This is an 'as-good-as-it-gets' freeware solution to all your video ripping/conversion/re-authoring/playback/burning needs.

I have downloaded DVD fab, well what I did is EXACTLY what this guy says to do on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1N5-b0VU0

I have now downloaded DVD Shrink 3.2. So what should I do now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have downloaded DVD fab, well what I did is EXACTLY what this guy says to do on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1N5-b0VU0

I have now downloaded DVD Shrink 3.2. So what should I do now?

Does anyone know how I can made more space on my PC?

At the moment I have 70GB on my C drive and 70 on my D drive. How do I know the exact memory card to get for my PC? Will my PC accept another memory card?
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how I can made more space on my PC?

At the moment I have 70GB on my C drive and 70 on my D drive. How do I know the exact memory card to get for my PC? Will my PC accept another memory card?

Been there - done that:mad:

May I suggest that you go back in time to these answers in this same thread from February this year
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1604476&page=4
    See post 98
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    This is all depressingly familiar.

Newlight, I have never known anyone have so many problems and issues trying to burn a DVD and extract files with a modern PC.

When you say memory card do you mean computer memory, or actual hard disc space?.

If you are talking about actual memory to allow you to run bigger programs, or more programs, then we have indeed already been down this route before. I gave you a link to the Crucial Memory Checker that scans your memory and motherboard, and advises you of the type and speeds of memory your computer can take. In fact you told us you had ordered some. So have you or have you not?. If you have, have you installed that memory? (links were also given to videos showing how to replace or update your memory too).

Or are you talking about available hard disc space?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spoke to Mr Memory on the phone, he was very friendly. He showed me how to run a scan from their website and it said this

System Manufacturer:

Acer
    Series / Model: *
    Aspire T180
    Motherboard Manufacturer:
    Acer
    Total Installed Memory:
    3 GB
    Modules Installed:

Slot "Bank0/1" has 512 MB installed
    Slot "Bank2/3" has 512 MB installed
    Slot "Bank4/5" has 1 GB installed
    Slot "Bank6/7" has 1 GB installed

Mr Memory then told me I can take out the two Slot "Bank0/1" has 512 MB installed

and replace them with a two 1 GBs taking my PC memory to the maximum on 4GBs. Mr Memory said would I like to order now but I wanted to make sure this is correct from Mac or anyone else on here first.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is all depressingly familiar.

Newlight, I have never known anyone have so many problems and issues trying to burn a DVD and extract files with a modern PC.
    Two more weeks and this thread will have been running for a year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I spoke to Mr Memory on the phone, he was very friendly. He showed me how to run a scan from their website and it said this

System Manufacturer:

Acer
    Series / Model: *
    Aspire T180
    Motherboard Manufacturer:
    Acer
    Total Installed Memory:
    3 GB
    Modules Installed:

Slot "Bank0/1" has 512 MB installed
    Slot "Bank4/5" has 1 GB installed
    Slot "Bank6/7" has 1 GB installed

Mr Memory then told me I can take out the two Slot "Bank0/1" has 512 MB installed

and replace them with a two 1 GBs taking my PC memory to the maximum on 4GBs. Mr Memory said would I like to order now but I wanted to make sure this is correct from Mac or anyone else on here first.

So you already have 3Gb of memory. Have you run a memory diagnostic (again, already suggested on this very thread) to make sure none of the modules are faulty?.

If the modules are not faulty then we need to know what operating system you are running. Is it Windows 7 32bit?. If so then it doesn't matter how much extra memory you install, Windows 7 32bit can only see 3.12Gb anyway. Install 4, 8 or 16Gb without upgrading to a 64bit operating system and it's just a waste of money.

Increasing your memory by just 1Gb isn't going to make an awful lot of difference, and if there is no problem with the existing memory modules, it wont solve your problem anyway. 3Gb is enough to do what you are trying to do, so if the memory modules are not faulty, then something else is the problem.

You have been asked a number of questions, yet you never really seem to answer them. We have all tried our best, but if you wont answer the questions how can we really help you out?.