Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    CrazyChickCrazyChick Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    [/B]

BIB 1&2 the owner of the group is saying it is for John James fans.You said it is for 'friends'.PR goes with fans not friends.I am inclined to think that your interpretaton of Loys Forever is just different from its owner and everyone else.If John didnt want publicity or was completely out of the limelight why would he posting on a FB page where his posts have been leaking publicly.He has a choice to put fans of his personal FB and private set the information like Aaron and Faye who have 5000 fans each.He cant post on a page where he has no control of private settings and dont want it to viral on the internet,simples.

BIB3 260 fans tagging John James is no big deal.That is the smallest number I know of.Aaron and Faye have 5000 each and can be tagged.Lewis Hamilton has 1.1 millon and can be tagged.Jenson Button joined FB recently,he likes everyone who posts and tags.In the frame of things on FB, 260 is not a number you can even talk about not tagging.I am sure if John liked a post or posted on people's walls like Aaron does there will be a world war.The world moved on along time ago!

Well they are John James fans- it's how they all met. But now they are first and foremost friends. If John wanted promotion he'd be on twitter surely, where its open and everyone can see what he's saying. I think he still posts on Loys because he's appreciative, thats all.

Look, it doesn't matter whether Aaron or Faye or Lewis or Jenson let people tag them. What it comes down to is this (again): it's their group, they decide who is a member and they decide the rules. No-one has to like it, but they do have to abide by it if they want to be a member.
  • Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Anyway was looking for an appropriate pics but can't find any at the mo,so here is a couple instead:p

http://i55.tinypic.com/2052sfs.jpg

And those who like moody John:p

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01063/BBJohn_280_1063510a.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think this has been an interesting discussion because there are 2 quite genuinely held perspectives on this.

Looking at it from POV of LoysAdmin, I can clearly see the quandary they've been put in. Observing the group in the earlier open days, I used to be astounded at some of the folks who were still in the membership list - peeps whose primary loyalty was clearly to Josie. So when the malicious leaks via the Pucks came, it was entirely predictable. Imo the Admins had a very real problem from the start, through no fault of their own. And if you add to that the fact John might be reluctant to post unless he has a smaller more stable environment in which to do so (understandable given the Sandlloys experience), Admins have had a difficult, nigh intractable, problem to deal with.

But then looking at it from POV of however many genuine John supporters who have now been "culled" (temporary, or not), their anger is perfectly understandable too. And it seems to me that Ucra's anger is only reflecting how many of those 100+ (?) peeps will be feeling. A seemingly 'arbitrary' split of the group with half being ejected with no notice was bound to cause serious annoyance and in some cases encourage peeps to give up on J/JJ completely.

Hopefully there's room for both these points of view on the thread, and certainly I empathise with both. But ultimately I agree with those who say we need to do what's necessary to encourage John into more communication.
    augusta92 wrote: »
    I am not going to be party to any of this nonsense. I support John and I support all of his genuine fans, whether they are on Loys, JJat or anywhere. and im not going to let this negativity and deliberate attack against John, change the way i think.

Hear hear. :cool:
    ellemay wrote: »
    Well you know what i'm happy staying here in this thread. I wont be joining no fake Johnjamesfanclub. x

Hear hear again, now there's something all John supporters can surely unite around. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you enjoy Mad Men,Alex?
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really know much about the subject at hand, in that I don't know the details of the recent 'cull' ... and I don't really want to know.

I understand Ucra's anger at what happened to her, it does sound like a massive overreaction to what was a mistake.

Whether the Fb page is a fan page or a group of friends, that's up to them. However, I would say that John sees it as a fanpage as obviously he is a member of the group and they are certainly not his friends ... I don't mean that as an insult but that isn't the basis of his interraction with the group or theirs with him; it's the basis of their interraction with each other. I imagine he trusts that the admins are allowing John supporters into the group as they say they do... but obviously don't... and I do recall the 'leaked' transcript where a bloke joined the group and it all kicked off for what seemed to be no apparent reason whatsoever; if that's the case with any new member, then who would really want to be a part of such a group anyway?

I wonder what he would think about 100 or so people being ejected from the group for no good reason... other than not posting much, which I'm told is the reason. Some people are shy about posting on public forums, it's an unfair, ridiculous reason if this is indeed the case. If John's timeline is anything like the Fb page, I wouldn't have much to say either :D I don't declare my love for anybody other than Laura and a couple of friends, and certainly not John or his friends that weren't even on BB lol.

The impression I get from what I hear is that it's very much the case that anything said about John, his friends, etc., has to be fairly obsequious; I always assumed this was because it was felt he might not post if anything negative or untoward was said regarding anybody. They didn't want to scare him away.

At the end of the day, I really don't think he cares that much who is and isn't a member of the group, and probably thought it would peter out eventually rather than become what it has now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bblover wrote: »
    Did you enjoy Mad Men,Alex?

Hi bbl, yeah standard procedure ;) . . . though tbh thought it was a pretty ordinary episode! In previous series (certainly 1-3), it's often the entirety of the series which makes it work ie, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts!

What's your take so far, have you seen all three episodes?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I don't really know much about the subject at hand, in that I don't know the details of the recent 'cull' ... and I don't really want to know.

I understand Ucra's anger at what happened to her, it does sound like a massive overreaction to what was a mistake.

Whether the Fb page is a fan page or a group of friends, that's up to them. However, I would say that John sees it as a fanpage as obviously he is a member of the group and they are certainly not his friends ... I don't mean that as an insult but that isn't the basis of his interraction with the group or theirs with him; it's the basis of their interraction with each other. I imagine he trusts that the admins are allowing John supporters into the group as they say they do... but obviously don't... and I do recall the 'leaked' transcript where a bloke joined the group and it all kicked off for what seemed to be no apparent reason whatsoever; if that's the case with any new member, then who would really want to be a part of such a group anyway?

I wonder what he would think about 100 or so people being ejected from the group for no good reason... other than not posting much, which I'm told is the reason. Some people are shy about posting on public forums, it's an unfair, ridiculous reason if this is indeed the case. If John's timeline is anything like the Fb page, I wouldn't have much to say either :D I don't declare my love for anybody other than Laura and a couple of friends, and certainly not John or his friends that weren't even on BB lol.

The impression I get from what I hear is that it's very much the case that anything said about John, his friends, etc., has to be fairly obsequious; I always assumed this was because it was felt he might not post if anything negative or untoward was said regarding anybody. They didn't want to scare him away.

At the end of the day, I really don't think he cares that much who is and isn't a member of the group, and probably thought it would peter out eventually rather than become what it has now.

Totally agree with this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Hi bbl, yeah standard procedure ;) . . . though tbh thought it was a pretty ordinary episode! In previous series (certainly 1-3), it's often the entirely of the series which makes it work ie, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts!

What's your take so far, have you seen all three episodes?

Yeah,didn't recognise Betty(Birdy):pOh the Roger line (Looking for someone with a penis) had me loling:DThis is how it was back in the days gosh...

I enjoyed it.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They bullied me first.I have never had any issues there at all until I tagged John James yesterday.This was the message on my facebook,it doesnt say what you are claiming ie back to the original group.It is people more or less not in the gang.Who dont worship them.I lurked alot and I know what they talk about.

Loys Forever-Admin

there has been a mass cull of non posters please have a little patience while the it gets sorted through

Like · · 59 minutes ago

hi Guys

I am sorry but I have to say something as you know I am one of the admin of LF and first you were NEVER bullied you were asked not to tag which we made a rule after John, said he wasn't too happy with the alerts , when asked far from you being bullied you kicked off at the admin that made the request we could have removed you then, if class that as bullying I really do worry for you

firstly and foremost if you were a regular poster or even reader for that matter you would know, that Gemma thinking on her feet when Sandloys was going opening the group as she didn't want to lose contact with some of the FRIENDS she had made there, the group was never set up only as a JJP fan club or John fans only (and why would a guy that works in a surf shop need or want PR)
    John and his friends being there has been a pleasant bonus and I am sorry the cull had to happen but the people removed were none posters or names not recognised at which point we were then going to go through and make sure no one had been deleted that shouldn't have

I asked on here if anyone would like to join to which we had a few takers, but anyone who visited and joined must know if is not and never has been a group just for John James fans and if you are there for that reason you are in the wrong place

John posts on there because he feels safe, and whilst I am sad I can't share with you his posts, if he wanted them out there he would do that himself and post it on twitter

sorry for waffling guys but Ucra you have it so wrong and you are now making me sorry I actually vouched for you in the first place, I believe Gemma is owed apology but I will not hold my breath
    take care guys
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope this messy situation will get sorted,and that next time if there is something,then best to try resolve it in a rational manner,creating fake twitter accounts certainly not the way to do so,only makes the situation worse imo.:)
  • Options
    ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »

The John James fan club, stirred everything up, aided and abetted by people on the JJJat calling all loys nasty....

Exactly i think its just jealously to be honest. All on Loys have never been nasty to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bblover wrote: »

See lover what would we do without you on the thread.

Anyone found the book club list? Changing the subject :p hint hint ;)
  • Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Tip Toes in :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    ellemay wrote: »
    Exactly i think its just jealously to be honest. All on Loys have never been nasty to me.

Sorry, I have read the discussion with interest and could see both points of views.I personally have never commented on any individual with in Loys, they have their group and their friendships like a lot of us do. I do not agree with any of their personal conversations being tweeted out as PYM did but do admit to liking to hear what John James has said. I have never joined Loys as I feel that this is not my group of friends just like Muckers is not my group of friends. No one has been nasty to me from Loys in fact I personally think they stay away from the rubbish posted on Twitter. I do feel sorry that people who prefer to remain quiet or lurk have been thrown out but again this the admins prerogative. I do think there is a good chance John knows things will be leaked and this is why he posts pretty innocous things but it is a safer way for him to communicate than twitter as it hopefully means his TL is not filled with hate.
    But just as the LOYs and JJat are not to be tarred with the same brush, surely the JJJAT could be afforded the same privilege and courtesy. I am not sure how that group has become the cause of the latest upset but it is certainly getting some of the blame.
    :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gussiecat wrote: »
    Sorry, I have read the discussion with interest and could see both points of views.I personally have never commented on any individual with in Loys, they have their group and their friendships like a lot of us do. I do not agree with any of their personal conversations being tweeted out as PYM did but do admit to liking to hear what John James has said. I have never joined Loys as I feel that this is not my group of friends just like Muckers is not my group of friends. No one has been nasty to me from Loys in fact I personally think they stay away from the rubbish posted on Twitter. I do feel sorry that people who prefer to remain quiet or lurk have been thrown out but again this the admins prerogative. I do think there is a good chance John knows things will be leaked and this is why he posts pretty innocous things but it is a safer way for him to communicate than twitter as it hopefully means his TL is not filled with hate.
    But just as the LOYs and JJat are not to be tarred with the same brush, surely the JJJAT could be afforded the same privilege and courtesy. I am not sure how that group has become the cause of the latest upset but it is certainly getting some of the blame.

we were actually going to go through the list of people remove to see if anyone could have be added back I personally vouched for ucra in the beginning and may have done again, but after being labled a bully for no reason there is not a cat in hells chance sorry...I am actually upset annoyed and disgusted to have been labeled that way

John has said he likes the fact he post on there safely so yes I you can say he doesn't want us sharing it...when I posted the stuff on here I got permission , which was given because some had put money into the charity page of which I will always be very grateful, John even ask us to pass on his thanks too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    Diddididi wrote: »
    we were actually going to go through the list of people remove to see if anyone could have be added back I personally vouched for ucra in the beginning and may have done again, but after being labled a bully for no reason there is not a cat in hells chance sorry...I am actually upset annoyed and disgusted to have been labeled that way

John has said he likes the fact he post on there safely so yes I you can say he doesn't want us sharing it...when I posted the stuff on here I got permission , which was given because some had put money into the charity page of which I will always be very grateful, John even ask us to pass on his thanks too

Well as the fact that John has said he doesn't want his posts shared then it is only right that you keep it closed.
    I am sure you don't like being labelled a bully but someone who cares a lot for John was obviously very upset. Did you all explain what was happening before or afterwards as I presume beforehand may have eased some of the upset!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your right we've been accused before when someone has posted a post. For some reason people seem to think it is the whole threads opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well as the fact that John has said he doesn't want his posts shared then it is only right that you keep it closed.
    I am sure you don't like being labelled a bully but someone who cares a lot for John was obviously very upset. Did you all explain what was happening before or afterwards as I presume beforehand may have eased some of the upset!

unfortunately I wasn't around because I wasn't well, but she could have messaged me instead of going it about in the manor she did, I would have checked and looked into anything with pleasure, to say I disappointed is an understatement
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you very much for adding me on Loys Forever.However right now I couldnt careless.This so called 'adding' is coming now after I have gone public.You had all the time in the world to sort this out on FB.If I had kept my mouth shut ,you wouldnt be here trying to 'add' me?.I was bullied,fact and I was upset and disgusted over the way I was treated on Loys Forever. I havent named anyone and I know the names.Why do you assume it is you? Do you want me to name names?It works both ways you know,I am absolutely upset.

Everyone here knows I wanted to talk to you in particular before I told the JJAT.You had deleted me so where did you want to me to find you?No one bothered to talk to me or even inbox me about it as a group member.When I logged on to find out what was going on the cull was happening that night.I only told the JJAT after I confirmed that I had been deleted yesterday.I have priciples and I will stand by them.I can only be in a group if I have respect for people in it something I have lost.So no sleepless nights from me over it,sorry.I am more than happy to appreciate John James from the JJAT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unfortunately I wasn't around because I wasn't well, but she could have messaged me instead of going it about in the manor she did, I would have checked and looked into anything with pleasure, to say I disappointed is an understatement

If you are sick the administration team would have even tried to inbox me after the incident.They were there.After the argument was deleted Joanne suggested they take it to inbox.Then what happened? I have no inbox? I would never have taken it off FB,her 'get a grip' was the last straw. My only regret is not speaking to you in person before.I told everyone on this thread well about that before I posted.I havent said anything that didnt happpen and as far as that is concerned I have no regrets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hi Guys

I am sorry but I have to say something as you know I am one of the admin of LF and first you were NEVER bullied you were asked not to tag which we made a rule after John, said he wasn't too happy with the alerts , when asked far from you being bullied you kicked off at the admin that made the request we could have removed you then, if class that as bullying I really do worry for you

firstly and foremost if you were a regular poster or even reader for that matter you would know, that Gemma thinking on her feet when Sandloys was going opening the group as she didn't want to lose contact with some of the FRIENDS she had made there, the group was never set up only as a JJP fan club or John fans only (and why would a guy that works in a surf shop need or want PR)
    John and his friends being there has been a pleasant bonus and I am sorry the cull had to happen but the people removed were none posters or names not recognised at which point we were then going to go through and make sure no one had been deleted that shouldn't have

I asked on here if anyone would like to join to which we had a few takers, but anyone who visited and joined must know if is not and never has been a group just for John James fans and if you are there for that reason you are in the wrong place

John posts on there because he feels safe, and whilst I am sad I can't share with you his posts, if he wanted them out there he would do that himself and post it on twitter

sorry for waffling guys but Ucra you have it so wrong and you are now making me sorry I actually vouched for you in the first place, I believe Gemma is owed apology but I will not hold my breath
    take care guys

Seriously Ucra girl-BA(SWSA) Makerere University Kampala ,Msc Social Research Middlesex University London,now Creative Writing CityLit London. Knows the difference between 'asked' and 'bullied'- I am a writer!!!!

Do you want me to put my CV here?

Gemma is owed an apology? Is that a joke?
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

Hoorah for Muggs ,someone who speaks the voice of reason :D
    As for all this Loys nonsense ,i'm Just glad i've never been a member if this is what goes on :eek::o

As i've always said to my kids (even though they're grown up adults ):o Face Book is the work of the devil and should be banned :eek::mad::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry bblover and augusta if you thought I was over reacting.I feel you are infact patronising me.It takes alot for me to react this way.I am a proffessional peson and a team player.You cant judge a situation you were not part of this harshly.I was nearly in tears at the time because I didnt think a minor mistake warranted such nastiness.If it a small thing for you,it is not a small thing for me.We are different people.
    I am sensible enough to know that this should have been resolved on FB,but Loys did not give me an opporunity.

bblover you have got all my arguments wrong and out of context.If that is what you want to see you are free to see it,but it not what this is about.

Read muggins' post,she has put the situation clearly:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for adding me on Loys Forever.However right now I couldnt careless.This so called 'adding' is coming now after I have gone public.You had all the time in the world to sort this out on FB.If I had kept my mouth shut ,you wouldnt be here trying to 'add' me?.I was bullied,fact and I was upset and disgusted over the way I was treated on Loys Forever. I havent named anyone and I know the names.Why do you assume it is you? Do you want me to name names?It works both ways you know,I am absolutely upset.

Everyone here knows I wanted to talk to you in particular before I told the JJAT.You had deleted me so where did you want to me to find you?No one bothered to talk to me or even inbox me about it as a group member.When I logged on to find out what was going on the cull was happening that night.I only told the JJAT after I confirmed that I had been deleted yesterday.I have priciples and I will stand by them.I can only be in a group if I have respect for people in it something I have lost.So no sleepless nights from me over it,sorry.I am more than happy to appreciate John James from the JJAT.

I am not going to argue with you as there clearly is no reasoning,if you checked a message was placed on the loys admin page explaining about re adding way before you went public as you call, as you can imagine all the admin we busy receiving and replying to inboxes to individually message people, you were never bullied nor removed (as we could for the tagging) you along with all the others were removed as a non poster, as stated we then were going to check make sure mistakes had not been (we are human) and I would have vouched for you again but to be lumped in as bully was not called for
    to be honest Gemma created the group and is entitled to run it as she see fit, John is not now nor never has been cohersed into joining or staying he chose to do so and we are grateful for that and try to respect his wishes as much as we can
    Asking someone not to tag is not bullying and if you believe it is I have nothing but pity for you, I have totally lost any respect I had for you, after your bullying label we have never and would never bully any member of the club but the rule is there for a reason and playing the bullying card is a very low act, I too have principles and am appalled someone would accuse anyone of bullying with a proof and b coming to me first
    I did not but try and help you in the first place and you included me in it all by saying admin,

I have no idea where you ever got the idea if you were a regular that we were a fan club/PR system you clearly did not read the group

Gemma was upset to have to make the decision but we need to try and stop all the leaks and I am not accusing you nor anyone, non poster were the first to be removed and like i said some have already been re added and you would have probably been one, but yo kissed that one by what you did, even upset yo could have tried to find out what had happened instead you chose to rant on here, which again is unfair to the posters on here

sorry everyone else didn't mean to drag the crap here but I will not be referred as a bully by anyone upset or not,
This discussion has been closed.