Dallas: New Series Starts Wednesday 5 September 9 pm

Comments

• alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Dallas start date confirmed!!! Channel 5, Weds 5th Sept, 9pm!!! Get it in yr diaries folks!!!

Cannot wait!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    Lol my mum and dad are really excited about this, i dont even know what it is :/ but apperently it was a big show back in whenever lol
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,560
    Forum Member
    How many episodes are there?
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    How many episodes are there?

10 in total.

I think the 1st 2 are being shown on Wednesday though.
  • ray.ray.returnsray.ray.returns Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crossroads mk 2
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,560
    Forum Member
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »
    10 in total.

I think the 1st 2 are being shown on Wednesday though.

Thanks, I heard a few months back that they where just doing one pilot and I was thinking to myself that it wouldn't work on just the one episode.
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was featured on 5 News yesterday with the Cast and Crew ect!
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5: Dallas Official Website - http://www.channel5.com/shows/dallas
    The TNT Official Website: http://www.tntdrama.com/series/dallas/
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We now know that Dallas launches on Channel Five at 9 pm on Wednesday 5 September (with a Friday repeat at 8 pm).

Preceded next Wednesday by a two part behind the scenes special presented by John Barrowman looking at the return of this cult show.

10 episodes in series 1 and already renewed for a series 2 of 15 episodes.

Who will be watching or not? Interested to discover if you saw the show in the 80s and are excited by the return or just curious to see what the fuss is/was about.Or bored by all the PR and hype already. :)
  • ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im hoping it will be good. I always replaced JR with Neighbours' own JR, Paul Robinson.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to it. Some posters on here that have already seen it, say it's really good.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it will never be as good as the original but still will be worth a watch as the major stars are in it.im surprised Charlene Tilton is not in it as she still is in the biz.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry my mistake just found out she is in the new series
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The neckless Dwarf. is in it.?
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think fans of the original series won't be disappointed.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,182
    Forum Member
    Im hoping it will be good. I always replaced JR with Neighbours' own JR, Paul Robinson.

true Neighbours has PR,or PSR(according to Wiki Paul has a middle name Stewart)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the original series, so am a bit "iffy" about this, but I'll give it a try, especially as JR and Sue-Ellen are still in it.

I was wondering whether Bobby will make an appearance, but I hope they don't have a whole series as a supposed dream, as they did in the original. Can't remember whether it was he who "died" as a result of a car accident or Pam.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,182
    Forum Member
    MJS wrote: »
    I saw the original series, so am a bit "iffy" about this, but I'll give it a try, especially as JR and Sue-Ellen are still in it.

I was wondering whether Bobby will make an appearance, but I hope they don't have a whole series as a supposed dream, as they did in the original. Can't remember whether it was he who "died" as a result of a car accident or Pam.

Bobby died but Pam was seriously injured in a car crash 2 years later
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    I've seen the first few episodes of the new Dallas and am pleasantly surprised at how much Larry Hagman is in it. I thought he would just be in it for one scene or two just for old times' sake but he's got quite a major role in the new series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I don't no if to give this a whirl or not. It does look promising. I guess time will tell.;)
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the original was a bit daft and dragged, but the main characters managed to hold enough of the story to keep it good entertainment. Good we see these integral to the new series and don't think there should be any need to sideline in favour of the new breed. Seems Desperate Housewives is represented well in the cast and will be hard to ignore Brenda Strong's voice and not expect the four to appear!
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited! I was too young for it when it originally came on but I watched all the repeats as a kid and loved it. My jaw dropped when I saw it was back! I kept saying wow wow wow all through the advert!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i cant wait..loved Dallas :D
  • PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the famous Sue Ellen will be featuring
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I bet this will get fantastic ratings for channel 5 :)