What has happened to the promised Foxsat HDR upgrade?

galleonslapgalleonslap Posts: 384
Forum Member
It was mentioned by Humax recently that there would be new firmware available for the Foxsat HDR by the end of October. This hasn't materialised, and I have just had the update e-mail from Humax (Graham North) with the November broadcast schedule for the upgrades. There is no mention of the Foxsat HDR at all.

If Bob_Cat or anyone else from Humax is reading this, can we please have an update? Don't get me wrong, if the firmware isn't stable yet I would rather wait until it is, it would just be nice to know what's happening. Thanks! :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an issue during testing and as a result we are working on some fixes to that and then we will re-issue that release for testing.

Sorry, very regrettable but better to get it working first before transmitting it!
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_Cat wrote: »
    There was an issue during testing and as a result we are working on some fixes to that and then we will re-issue that release for testing.

Sorry, very regrettable but better to get it working first before transmitting it!

Any estimated release date?
  • AyceAyce Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bob - thanks for the update.....

Terran
  • galleonslapgalleonslap Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info, Bob_Cat, I wondered if that might be the case. Please take your time and get it right! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member

Thanks for the update. :)

Any chance, you could take the opportunity to put the Irish SaorView system on the EPG? (I won't tell Freesat UK. :eek:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Hope this is not going down the same path as the Humax 9200 dvb-t box , 9 months since the last update.:(
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icutedave wrote: »
    Hope this is not going down the same path as the Humax 9200 dvb-t box , 9 months since the last update.:(

Where have you been ?. The last update was 20 May 2010 1.00.23
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So..not like Sky then :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Where have you been ?. The last update was 20 May 2010 1.00.23

Sorry 6 months.

DTG site broadcasting v1.00.26/v1.00.13.
    On Humax website latest firmware available 14th January 2010.
  • White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icutedave wrote: »
    Sorry 6 months.

DTG site broadcasting v1.00.26/v1.00.13.
    On Humax website latest firmware available 14th January 2010.

What's the rush?

My box at least seems stable.
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the rush?

Very true the only thing i await is the recording from the buffer.
  • richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the rush?

The only thing I'm waiting for is the power cut fix and after waiting over a year and a half for the fix I don't mind waiting another few weeks. Much better than them rushing it out and breaking something else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hillel wrote: »
    Thanks for the update. :)

Any chance, you could take the opportunity to put the Irish SaorView system on the EPG? (I won't tell Freesat UK. :eek:)

Last I checked, the Foxsat HDR didn't have a DVB-T tuner

Saorview is DVB-T, Saorsat will be DVB-S but on Ka band on a mid-atlantic satellite!
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I'm waiting for is the power cut fix and after waiting over a year and a half for the fix I don't mind waiting another few weeks. Much better than them rushing it out and breaking something else.

My main two fixes are the power cut and recording from the buffer (I guess that the second is an enhancement not a fix).
    I would be nice if Bob_cat updated us as the update passed significant stages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I'd like the ability for the box to format a 1.5tb drive or even 2tb in the same way it can with a 1tb drive, I've been thinking about upgrading the drive but anything over 1tb is no longer just a straight swap out. It's a shame as a 1.5 tb av drive is only ten quid more than the 1tb version yet provides 50% more space
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    KianD wrote: »
    Last I checked, the Foxsat HDR didn't have a DVB-T tuner

Saorview is DVB-T, Saorsat will be DVB-S but on Ka band on a mid-atlantic satellite!

Just my (poor) attempt at a joke - and I meant to say Saorsat. :o

Of course I am aware that Humax have no control over the Freesat EPG. It would be nice if Humax made it easier to access non-Freesat Channels. It would be better still if the HDR supported whatever middleware Saorsat will use, in non-Freesat mode. I expect that middleware to be very close to what Freesat use. I don't expect any of that to happen, and that is not a criticism of Humax.

(I'll get back in my box, now. :cry:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    loopie wrote: »
    I'd like the ability for the box to format a 1.5tb drive or even 2tb in the same way it can with a 1tb drive, I've been thinking about upgrading the drive but anything over 1tb is no longer just a straight swap out. It's a shame as a 1.5 tb av drive is only ten quid more than the 1tb version yet provides 50% more space

I put a 2TB drive in mine which is now about 50% full. I've found the EPG gets extremely slow once you have lots of programmes recorded. When I press the media button it takes 5+ seconds before it appears. This is quite annoying. If the box maintained a proper index of the recorded programmes then there shouldn't be any delay. Presumably they didn't bother as they didn't plan on users replacing the hard disk.

To install a 2TB drive I needed to partition the drive in Linux (I booted Linux off a CD on my Windows based laptop) with the 2TB hard disk plugged in via a USB adaptor. I also copied the recorded programmes off the old drive - quite a slow process. If I was to do it again then I'd just get a 1TB drive as now I just have lots of rubbish on it and can't be bothered with any housekeeping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    patrick0 wrote: »
    I put a 2TB drive in mine which is now about 50% full. I've found the EPG gets extremely slow once you have lots of programmes recorded. When I press the media button it takes 5+ seconds before it appears. This is quite annoying. If the box maintained a proper index of the recorded programmes then there shouldn't be any delay. Presumably they didn't bother as they didn't plan on users replacing the hard disk.

I upgraded mine to a 1tb he'd and have also noticed that the box does seem to slow down the more the hard drive gets full, although it's not a great issue I think based on your info I would avoid putting anything bigger in. :D
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance we will get this update before Christmas?

What is in the update anyway?
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »

I hope they've fixed that trivial but annoying bug that means that if you go off and leave the media list or schedule on the screen it will stay there indefinitely but if you leave a programme paused it jumps to screen saver after a couple of minutes.

Programme material is, generally, far less contrasty that the schedule or media list.

As I say, trivial, but annoying that they've got it exactly the wrong way around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Any chance we will get this update before Christmas?

A fix for the power cut bug and the ability to record the time shift buffer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's getting close to Crimbo hols, its a brave/suicidal PVR manufacturer who puts out a new firmware a couple of weeks before Christmas, unless they *really* need to.

If I were them I'd release on the website pre Christmas and schedule OTA for second week of January.
  • number7number7 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Be nice if you could stream from too
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also like to know why we haven't got 4 HD, it's available on freeview HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd also like to know why we haven't got 4 HD, it's available on freeview HD.

Fail to see the relevance :confused:. The lack of CH4 HD is nothing to do with Humax, or the delayed firmware upgrade