Software/Firmware update Foxsat HDR

12346»

Comments

• digitldigitl Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Berwhale wrote: »
    If anything, Windows 7 has been shipped ahead of schedule.
    Mine was.

Arrived on Monday from PC World.

Yes... PC World!
  • TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Berwhale wrote: »
    If anything, Windows 7 has been shipped ahead of schedule. However, if you take the view that Windows 7 is what Vista *should* have been, then it's 2 years late :)
    That's what I thought - both sentences. :)
  • BadvokBadvok Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    My copy of Windows 7 is on it's way via DHL.
    My Humax upgrade is ?

Automan.
    Good luck with Windows 7 - at least the Humax upgrade will have been tested before it gets released :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badvok wrote: »
    Good luck with Windows 7 - at least the Humax upgrade will have been tested before it gets released

I would imagine several thousand times as many people have been testing W7 as have tested the Foxsat. It works very nicely.

And MS do manage to bring out updates to a reasonable schedule. :)
  • BadvokBadvok Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tern wrote: »
    I would imagine several thousand times as many people have been testing W7 as have tested the Foxsat. It works very nicely.

And MS do manage to bring out updates to a reasonable schedule. :)
    Yes, a few hundred megs worth of updates for W7 already :(
    Most of my trouble stems from trying to use AHCI - when will MS/Intel figure that one out properly :rolleyes:. Also had a few unexplained total freezes (not BSODs) :confused:.
    MS are the bane of my working life, but I can't work without them :( I do so enjoy the times I actually get to work with a real OS.
  • pizzajohnpizzajohn Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Tern wrote: »
    Do you have a source for that?

I wasn't aware that any earlier date had been mooted.

Oops! It was the beta and RTM versins that were delayed.

However, some vendors are emailing customers stating that "due to unexpected volumns", there will be a delay in processing their order. Now, whether this is a one off with one supplier or, MS failing to get enough 'out there' I don't know. Also, 'the unexpected volumns' must have been a real surprise.
  • pizzajohnpizzajohn Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Also, it has to be recognised that MS is a tad bigger than Humax:D. It's probably got, hmm, about three or four people, doing uprades.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pizzajohn wrote: »
    Oops! It was the beta and RTM versins that were delayed.

However, some vendors are emailing customers stating that "due to unexpected volumns", there will be a delay in processing their order. Now, whether this is a one off with one supplier or, MS failing to get enough 'out there' I don't know. Also, 'the unexpected volumns' must have been a real surprise.

Well I got my shrink wrap W7 Pro yesterday and a couple of W7 home premiums today.

Vendors talking about 'unexpected volumes' at this stage are almost certainly lying. They will only be dealing with pre-orders at the moment so they can't really be 'unexpected'.

Unless, of course, people suddenly started pre-ordering this week.
  • snaithgsnaithg Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Back on Topic! :D

Just reading an article on a Grundig freesat update in "The Register" and it also stated that the Humax update was scheduled for "Mid November". Doesn't say whether its for the HDR or standard box though.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/10/20/harvard_freesat_fix/

See last sentence.

Graham.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snaithg wrote: »

Just reading an article on a Grundig freesat update in "The Register" and it also stated that the Humax update was scheduled for "Mid November". Doesn't say whether its for the HDR or standard box though.

See last sentence.

Graham.
    C'mon, Graham, keep up; this was reported in post #115 :D

Rgds.

Les.
  • snaithgsnaithg Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    savvy wrote: »
    C'mon, Graham, keep up; this was reported in post #115 :D

Rgds.

Les.

Silly me! :o:o:o

Must have been hiding in all that Windows 7 stuff.

Graham.
  • MeisterMeister Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    snaithg wrote: »

See last sentence.

Graham.

But which November ????? ;)
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At what time will the update be available in new boxes off the shelves do you think? I don't have a box yet. I have been waiting for all these issues to be resolved , and I don't like buying first generation kit for that reason :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Below is a pdf of the dutch version of this humax hdr in english ,although its cable hdr , it looks like most of the firmware update has been written long ago it has ftp transfer to a pc to store recordings etc.:)

http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/new_manual/CD_UM_IHDR5050C_100GB_011909_low.pdf
  • richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icutedave wrote: »
    Below is a pdf of the dutch version of this humax hdr in english ,although its cable hdr , it looks like most of the firmware update has been written long ago it has ftp transfer to a pc to store recordings etc.:)

http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/new_manual/CD_UM_IHDR5050C_100GB_011909_low.pdf

Nice bit of investigation there :)

Now there is even less of an excuse not to enable FTP functionality. The HDR software is quite clearly spawned from the same code base as the dutch cable model and as such the code which handles the FTP functionality should be easy to implement/transfer if its already working :cool:

Further thought - I wonder if the dutch cable model records after suffering a power cut :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    It does look quite familiar. Interesting that it also formats the USB device, a fairly obvious feature for such a device. Yes please, can we have similar on the Foxsat (plus all the other fixes of course).

Anyone spotted a DS equivalent for the Dutch model, and if they have similar complaints. As we know, just because it's in the user guide does not mean it actually works. Maybe it will be made to work in the next release :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    icutedave wrote: »

If you go to the ihdr5050c manual it shows this a another product that proves they can enable FTP, in fact there is an option to enable or disable this function (page GB43).

This surely means it is extremely easy for them to implement FTP if HUMAX wish to. I wonder then why it isn't that on the list so far of enhancements at the HUMMY site? We have waited long enough - so it would be nice to have it listed as an enhancement :).

Patrick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    If you go to the ihdr5050c manual it shows this a another product that proves they can enable FTP, in fact there is an option to enable or disable this function (page GB43).

This surely means it is extremely easy for them to implement FTP if HUMAX wish to. I wonder then why it isn't that on the list so far of enhancements at the HUMMY site? We have waited long enough - so it would be nice to have it listed as an enhancement :).

Patrick

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "Doh", Just realised this is the product Richard referred to earlier!! At least the reference page has been posted now though now... ironically a "GB" page number!!

Patrick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Here is a dutch forum and they say if you translate it into english, that FTP works great.:)

http://www.cardwriter-forum.nl/digitale-hdtv-via-kabelprovider/humax-ihdr-5050c-5443.htm