Where can you buy Knight's Castile Soap from?

IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My Gran and Mum have both used Knight's Castile Soap all their lives upon till a few years ago when it disappeared from our local supermarkets ASDA, Morrisons, etc. It then appeared in our local 'Quality Save' and they bought it from there for quite some time and then they stopped selling it too.

Does anyone know which shops still sell it?

Thanks

Comments

• MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh, that's a blast from the past. Always reminds me of my godmother who used it.

Unfortunately I have no idea where it can be bought from now. But perhaps it's available online.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    I've not seen this for YEARS!!!! i honestly don't think it's made anymore.... just like that horrible 'Coal Tar' soap they used to sell..... jeez..... was that stuff ever disgusting or WHAT!!?????? :eek:
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NickyG55 wrote: »
    I've not seen this for YEARS!!!! i honestly don't think it's made anymore.... just like that horrible 'Coal Tar' soap they used to sell..... jeez..... was that stuff ever disgusting or WHAT!!?????? :eek:

There is still an official website: http://www.knightscastile.com/knightscastile.htm so it must still be sold. My Mum has seen other Knight's Castile products in the shops such as wet wipes but not the soap.

I did just find one online store that sold the soap but as they are wholesalers they charge £14.12 for every order under £25!!!! So it certainly isn't worth buying it online.

It doesn't matter if we can't find it anywhere, my Mum was just curious as to why it had disappeared so I though I'd ask on good old Digital Spy! :D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 99p shop in Sutton sells this soap. 4 bars for 99p. Also they sell 4 bars of Lux soap (made in Saudi Arabia) but still smells the same.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't seem to be able to get big bars of soap any more.

You know that point where a piece of soap becomes too small to be effective as bath soap? The cynic in me suggests that by forcing us to buy smaller bars, we waste more and therefore have to buy more.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't seem to be able to get big bars of soap any more.

You know that point where a piece of soap becomes too small to be effective as bath soap? The cynic in me suggests that by forcing us to buy smaller bars, we waste more and therefore have to buy more.

I always stick the old little one to the new bar. It 'melts' (for want of a better word) in. No waste at all.:)
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    They have a load in Checkout in Batley, but as you are in Cheshire, that's no real use to you!
  • 40-40J's40-40J's Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I think I've seen this soap in Wilkinsons.
  • gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    o wish they would make coal tar soap in liquid form. I love that smell so much.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind Knight's Castillle - what about Lifebouy soap? Remember - the stuff that encouraged you to whisper BO into your best pal's ear (then duck fast before he belts you one!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Never mind Knight's Castillle - what about Lifebouy soap? Remember - the stuff that encouraged you to whisper BO into your best pal's ear (then duck fast before he belts you one!)

God that stank!
    And made your eyes water if you got the stuff too near them.
  • mollymoralsmollymorals Posts: 13,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg knightscastile :eek: ohhh reminds me of when i was little :o

op, thanks for the memory :D
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you remember the slogan - "Cadum for Madam"

My school pal changed it to "Camay for Mammy"!

Thank god you can still get Imperial Leather - I love picking off the label when the soap bar gets worn down!