Options

9200T Missing Recordings - Again

jhlbjhlb Posts: 319
Forum Member
Quite a few missed recordings over the last 2 months - no pattern to it.

Reset machine format HDD retune did not help.

Today I revert to firmware 21 from 23 to see if this helps as another poster says it may.

J

Comments

• Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jhlb wrote: »
    Quite a few missed recordings over the last 2 months - no pattern to it.

Reset machine format HDD retune did not help.

Today I revert to firmware 21 from 23 to see if this helps as another poster says it may.

When you say you retuned; was this a manual retune or just an automatic tune?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Automatic - but I don't pick up more than 1 transmitter - South Coast with aerial facing Rowridge on IOW.

J
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK - did a manual retune to channels 28, 30, 32, 33, 34 & 37.

On each search I selected and saved only the programmes I want - but I notice the ones that I did not select are still in the programmes list when pressing "list" or "OK" from a displayed programme.

Now I've been to "edit channels" and deleted the ones I do not want. Schedules reprogrammed in time for Strictly.

j
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK - did a manual retune to channels 28, 30, 32, 33, 34 & 37.

On each search I selected and saved only the programmes I want - but I notice the ones that I did not select are still in the programmes list when pressing "list" or "OK" from a displayed programme.

Did you delete everything before the manual retune?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes - deleted both groups TV and Radio.
    J
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - deleted both groups TV and Radio.
    J

But if I understand your post #4 correctly you had channels after the Manual Search that you did not save so that sounds like channels were not deleted before the Manual Search. Have a look at my instructions here.

As a matter of interest does Select and Save work during the Manual Search, I have only done Select, Delete then Save?
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-les wrote: »
    As a matter of interest does Select and Save work during the Manual Search, I have only done Select, Delete then Save?

It has to be Select, Delete then Save. Select and Save is the same as just Save.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    It has to be Select, Delete then Save. Select and Save is the same as just Save.

Thanks Lewis, I thought that might be the case. That probably solves the problem in post #4 then quoted below.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the information - I understand the missing "delete" action caused my problem in post #4. I have the channels/programmes deleted now and last night's recordings went well.

I'll try the 21 firmware for a couple of weeks knowing the problem with epg population - and then decide whether to leave it on 21 for my time away this Christmas. Recent recordings missing have been mainly Eastenders BBC1 but on Friday there were two missing at 9pm on ITV1 and ITV4.

J
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No recordings missed since changing the firmware to 21.

Annoying lack of response from the remote however - as expected.

J
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No recordings missed since changing the firmware to 21.

Annoying lack of response from the remote however - as expected.

J

My 9200 works fine on v23 so I'm not convinced changing to v21 is what's cured your problem, but who knows. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I tend to agree les as I was on 23 for some months before the problem started - will change back to 23 in the new year when I will have access to iplayer again in case of missed recordings.

J
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Manually tuned my 9150 following the instructions(thanks!) as we kept missing recordings.

So far in 4 days since we've missed ' how I met your mother', ' Chris Moyles quiz night', ' strictly come dancing'. Transmitter is Sandy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The 9200 was on V21 fimware for over 3 weeks whilst I was away over the Chrismas period. None of my 22 recordings were missed.

31st December - changed back to V23 firmware and already an episode of Eastenders did not record on Tuesday 3rd Jan.
    J
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 9200 was on V21 fimware for over 3 weeks whilst I was away over the Chrismas period. None of my 22 recordings were missed.

31st December - changed back to V23 firmware and already an episode of Eastenders did not record on Tuesday 3rd Jan.
    J

I also have to report two near missed Series-Linked episodes of Coronation Street on my 9200 (v23) and my friend's 9300 (v26). On Monday (2nd Jan.) she rang to say the second episode of Corro wasn't flagged to record in the EPG, all other episodes in the EPG were flagged. I checked my 9200 and it showed the same. We both deleted the Series-Link from the schedule and then re-created it from the Monday 7:30 episode of Corro, checked all episodes in the EPG and all were flagged. Tonight I noticed the 8:30 episode wasn't flagged, all other episodes in the EPG were flagged. On checking with my friend her 9300 showed the same. On both our machines tonight's episode was flagged when we re-created the Series-Link last Monday but must have un-flagged itself sometime between Monday and now. This comes after ages of almost faultless operation apart from a similar hiccup during the week after the autumn clock change.
  • Options
    Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    I also have to report two near missed Series Linked episodes of Coronation Street on my 9200 (v23) and my friend's 9300 (v26). On Monday (2nd Jan.) she rang to say the second episode of Corro wasn't flagged to record in the EPG, all other episodes in the EPG were flagged. I checked my 9200 and it showed the same. We both deleted the Series Link from the schedule and then re-created it from the 7:30 episode of Corro, checked all episodes in the EPG and all were flagged. Tonight I noticed the 8:30 episode wasn't flagged, all other episodes in the EPG were flagged. On checking with my friend her 9300 showed the same. On both our machines tonight's episode was flagged when we re-created the Series Link last Monday but must have un-flagged itself sometime between Monday and now. This comes after ages of almost faultless operation apart from a similar hiccup during the week after the autumn clock change.

I've found exactly the same on my 9300T. I also noticed the 19:30 next Monday 9th Jan needed re-flagging as a series record

I agree with your comment that it's been faultless for ages and now suddenly seems to have gone haywire

(and just to add insult to injury tonight's episode 5/1/12 missed the first 9 minutes but probably unrelated to the above)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mart1n0940 wrote: »
    I've found exactly the same on my 9300T. I also noticed the 19:30 next Monday 9th Jan needed re-flagging as a series record

I agree with your comment that it's been faultless for ages and now suddenly seems to have gone haywire

(and just to add insult to injury tonight's episode 5/1/12 missed the first 9 minutes but probably unrelated to the above)

My recording tonight started during the theme tune which is normal for my recordings, a 9 minute delay suggests a different problem like receiving from two transmitters.

Unusually my ITV EPG for next Monday (9th Jan.) is empty but tomorrow's night's and next Thursday's episodes of Corro are flagged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My recording tonight started during the theme tune which is normal for my recordings, a 9 minute delay suggests a different problem like receiving from two transmitters.

Unusually my ITV EPG for next Monday (9th Jan.) is empty but tomorrow's night's and next Thursday's episodes of Corro are flagged.

The reception generally seemed worse than usual tonight (lots of pixellation and jerky movement on several channels) so you could well be right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reception generally seemed worse than usual tonight (lots of pixellation and jerky movement on several channels) so you could well be right.

Check for channels in the 800s, that's usually an indication of receiving from two transmitters. I think that might be an additional problem you have that has caused the 9 minute recording start delay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This saga, of course, does not prove V23 firmware to be at fault but it does seem to confirm that the problem is not related to my individual 9200 - over 4 years old now.
    J
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Check for channels in the 800s, that's usually an indication of receiving from two transmitters. I think that might be an additional problem you have that has caused the 9 minute recording start delay.

No channels in the 800's so I'm just going to put this all down to the box having an "off" day yesterday :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No channels in the 800's so I'm just going to put this all down to the box having an "off" day yesterday :)

Something strange is happening at the moment, my friend is reporting that one of the Corros tonight has un-flagged itself on her 9300.
  • Options
    creddishcreddish Posts: 5,285
    Forum Member
    Something strange is happening at the moment, my friend is reporting that one of the Corros tonight has un-flagged itself on her 9300.
    I have also noticed several missing EPG flags for Series Record programmes of the evening soaps earlier this week. I recall reading a post (which I can't now locate) around the new year which implied that this was a common occurrence for Humax PVRs at the turn of the year.

Colin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    creddish wrote: »
    I have also noticed several missing EPG flags for Series Record programmes of the evening soaps earlier this week. I recall reading a post (which I can't now locate) around the new year which implied that this was a common occurrence for Humax PVRs at the turn of the year.

Colin

If that is the case Colin then we should be back to normal next week. It was during the week (one week) after the autumn clock change that this problem last happened to me and my friend.

EDIT. I've just switched on my 9200 and all Series-Linked programmes through to next Friday are correctly flagged, I'll keep a check through the week.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Still playing up on Corrie here

I had the series record set OK for tonight's 2nd episode at 20:30-21:00 but it actually recorded 20:00-20:30

I'm beginning to wonder if my box is starting to play up after yesterday's problems as well