Options

Im liking martha...but..

For 2nd week running now she's almost talking about the Doc like a lovesick schoolgirl,im not finding this "does he feel the same way about me routine" NOT very good tbh.
it's currently coming across as trying to ignite that sexual spark he had with rose and failing very much.

Comments

• Options
    simsysimsy Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its just a different approach than Rose. Come on, we have to believe all these people travel with a time travelling time lord alien and none of then get even a little crush. :) I think her reaction to the Doctor and how she speaks about him a lot more believable than Roses induction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally I find her annoying. To the point that she gets shoved out the tardis promptly mid flight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently finding her annoying at the moment aswell. Mainly because of the 'lovesick' thing you mentioned, but, theres just something about her in general... as if she's just a little teenager flyinf about in a spaceship - whereas Rose seemed more Mature
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her personally because she is the complete opposite to Rose. I mean I do miss Rose but I find Martha interesting... I mean a little less lovesick for the doctor but still!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, it's David Tennant too...I'd be a LOT more lovesick than Martha :D
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps she is possessed or taken some sort of love potion, she's only just met him hasn't she?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe she's just pretending to act? o0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she is SO hot!

Jon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJjay18 wrote:
    But she is SO hot!

she is hot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is hot!

she is ok but i wont say shes hot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-1.1 wrote:
    she is ok but i wont say shes hot

ok then lol her or billie :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

billie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-1.1 wrote:
    billie

each to his own... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    I think the difference between Rose and Martha is that Martha is trying to hard to find womething that might or might not be there. Hence why she seems to get a bit wound up by the merest connection of the Doctor to Rose.

With Rose, on the other hand, the whole idea behind a relationship seemed sop much more natural. It was never brought up as Rose chasing the Doctor in that way, it just happened. They were just together, and there seemed a natural devotion of one to the other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    supose! they both have their good points
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Martha to Rose, but then again, I'd prefer just about anyone to Rose ( sorry Rose fans but I just couldn't abide her in series 2 which tended to make it all a bit meh as far as I'm concerned.)

Watched the third episode round at my brother's house. My four year old nephew and 10 year old niece both love Martha. Strangely enough my 42 years old brother, who hitherto has not shown any interest in Dr Who since the late 70s, also seemed quite taken with her. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get Carter wrote:
    I prefer Martha to Rose, but then again, I'd prefer just about anyone to Rose ( sorry Rose fans but I just couldn't abide her in series 2 which tended to make it all a bit meh as far as I'm concerned.)

Agreed.
    The air of total smugness was just too much to take in the second season. Awful, just awful.
    There was actually a cheer in our flat when her voice over said "This is the story of how i died".
    Sadly she didnt.

As for the "who is hotter" discussion. Sorry its a bit of a no brainer as far as i am concerned. Billie Piper is the very definition of "Nothing special to look at". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colin_F wrote:
    Agreed.
    The air of total smugness was just too much to take in the second season. Awful, just awful.
    There was actually a cheer in our flat when her voice over said "This is the story of how i died".
    Sadly she didnt.

As for the "who is hotter" discussion. Sorry its a bit of a no brainer as far as i am concerned. Billie Piper is the very definition of "Nothing special to look at". :rolleyes:

:D That voice over was met with a chorus of "Thank Christ for that" in my house.

*ducks the bricks about to be aimed at my head by irate Rose devotee*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin_F wrote:
    Agreed.
    Sadly she didnt.

If I was one of those heterosexuals (I here exist), I'd go for Freema... :p
  • Options
    kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this will sound really sad but in series 2 Billie Piper's
    mouth and the way she spoke was like nails on a blackboard to me. I still shudder when I think about one scene in the final episode when she says "one doctor. now your afraid" to the doctor it makes me want to scream! I will now go and sit in a dark room.
  • Options
    ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a Rose fan but I never felt a spark between her and the Doctor, to me it seemed more of a paternal or just mentor/apprentice relationship. It was only towards the end, I mean literally the last couple of episodes I detected any kind of love between them, and that was mainly coming from Rose.. in my opinion.

However, from that first second Martha and the Doctor bumped into each other there was a spark for me, and I love a good old bit of UST, so Martha's obvious pining for him is actually something I like abou this new partnership.

Until now, the Doctor always seemed kind of asexual to me, I like this new source of tension. On top of that, I actually sympathise with Martha's annoyance at the Doctor continual mentions of Rose, I feel sorry for her because it must feel like she's never going to live up to this mysterious Rose character and that he'll never value her like she values him.... I dunno, I'm a sucker for this stuff. I can appreciate some fans don't want this additional aspect of lovey dovey stuff, and think it's unessecary, but I love the fact that it adds a new dimension to the show.

Overall, I really really like Martha, I don't know what it is, I can't put my finger on it, I loved Rose but it took a while or her to grow on me whereas I loved Martha straight away.
  • Options
    finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Both :p:D
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supose! they both have their good points

Yep. And it's not their teeth.