Options

Dr Who's MR SAXON

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    could it be The Eternals are still around?
    Well, they have been given a mention now and then...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    Well, they have been given a mention now and then...

does RTD mean The Eternals from the classic series or is this a new race that he has just borrowed their name I wonder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does RTD mean The Eternals from the classic series or is this a new race that he has just borrowed their name I wonder.
    i think he refers to the original series Eternals, dunno for sure
  • Options
    BoneBone Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    xodust wrote:
    like ive said before in the mcgann film the master was sucked into the eye with in the tardis how has he escaped the tardis if he truly is the master.

Vote Saxon

That ones easily explained away, in the TV movie, The Master had taken over a human body, surely it could just have been that body absorbed by the Tardis and the masters 'essence' escaped. This is perhaps backed up by the ending with the music jumping again just like when the 'essence' escapes from the box earlier on.

This could also lead to The Master having played some role in the Time War. After all at the begining of the Movie its the Daleks who are executing The Master. He could have easily stolen another Timelords regenerations and gone on to exact revenge on the Daleks sparking off the war.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    My idea for this episode would be that The Master who has to steal other peoples bodies to continue to live (The Keeper of Traken and the TV Movie) tries to steal The Doctors body so giving himself a Time Lords body and some more regenerations to use.

Obviously he ultimately fails but manages to suck the power that is giving Captain Jack his immortality from him. This turns him into a Time Lord again and initiates a whole new regeneration cycle in The Master.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote:
    I know he offered to do a regen scene - not sure his offer extended beyond that. Having said that, if it was only a 13 ep run (as per Eccleston) we would have been much better served in the long term if it had been McGann doing that run, IMO.
    Hi , I was lucky enough to have Paul McGann answer a question I posted for him on the DWonline forum.
    Here was my question and Paul's answer
    Hi Paul ,
    I was lucky enough to meet Russell T Davies about three months ago.I asked him if he'd have your good self as Doc No8 back in the new series.His answer was "Wait and See".
    Would you be up for doing this?,I think you were a great Doctor and feel that you deserve a bit of closure to your incarnation on the screen.
    Paul McGann
    DWO Forum Celebrity
    Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2006, 11:12pm Russell and me have never met nor had contact, though I read once that he liked the pilot show I was in and my contribution to it. I suppose if he was ever going to invite me to be in the new show it would have been to shoot a regeneration sequence with Chris Eccelstone, which he didn't.
    Wait and see, but don't hold your breath.
    Paul

I maintain the hope that he'll return to DW on screen some day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Wasn't McGann the Doc for the Time War?
    Why not have a two-part Doc-lite in S4 devoted to it, and featuring Paul McGann? In Fact, make it a four-part and blow the budget on it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoonix wrote:
    Wasn't McGann the Doc for the Time War?
    Why not have a two-part Doc-lite in S4 devoted to it, and featuring Paul McGann? In Fact, make it a four-part and blow the budget on it.
    a two-part Doctor-Lite based on the time war would be good. if it was to happen, it would probably be in Season 5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joscos wrote:
    a two-part Doctor-Lite based on the time war would be good. if it was to happen, it would probably be in Season 5.

I doubt it will happen unless they do a competition to write a who story now that would be interesting,like ive said many times i want davros to return with or without daleks it makes no difference i also want a whole episode based in side the tardis to get an idea of the scale.
    I want to see the latest doctor show us how he decorates the tardis insides.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    xodust wrote:
    i also want a whole episode based in side the tardis to get an idea of the scale. I want to see the latest doctor show us how he decorates the tardis insides.
    What? A DW Makeover Show?

A kind of "How Clean Is Your Tardis?" with Kim and Aggie droids? Can't see it happening, although it's only a matter of time before the BBC do a "F*** Off, I'm Gallifreyan!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote:
    My idea for this episode would be that The Master who has to steal other peoples bodies to continue to live (The Keeper of Traken and the TV Movie) tries to steal The Doctors body so giving himself a Time Lords body and some more regenerations to use.

Obviously he ultimately fails but manages to suck the power that is giving Captain Jack his immortality from him. This turns him into a Time Lord again and initiates a whole new regeneration cycle in The Master.

Maybe it's not Jack he wants but the Doctor's hand - it is after all Gallifreyan DNA and thus holds the secrets to regeneration and probably a hell of a lot more
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoonix wrote:
    What? A DW Makeover Show?

A kind of "How Clean Is Your Tardis?" with Kim and Aggie droids? Can't see it happening, although it's only a matter of time before the BBC do a "F*** Off, I'm Gallifreyan!"

lol sorry the point i was making was the inner changes to the tardis throughout the years it would be interesting to see one happen before our eyes giving the advances in technology after all before the current tardis layout it was quite gothic / cathedral like,
    does the doctor have a device to do such work or does he go and pickup maybe h.r giger to remodel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    What a shame. I wished McGann had come back. He wanted to reprise the role.
    Paul McGann did come back to the role and was a very good Doctor. He's done numerous adventures for Big Finish productions which are more than likely Canon, as well as the new BBC Radio 7 series. I think I remember reading somewhere that the BBC 7 seres would eventually tackle the Time War. This would result in the Doctors Regeneration from the 8th to the 9th Doctor and the death of the Time Lords.
    Saxon as the Master seams so obvious it'll more than likely happen. Although I do agree Captain Jack may have a part to play in it somewhere. The Master could have escaped the Tardis and tried to clone The Doctor from the hand. Jack could have been aware of this hence his love of the hand in Torchwood.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hairyjedi wrote:
    I think I remember reading somewhere that the BBC 7 seres would eventually tackle the Time War

Won't happen. The licence to produce spin offs relating to doctor who (1963-1996) is different to the one for doctor who (2005- ), and big finish could not afford the latter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    The guy from Lazarus is working for someone else who's laid traps for the Doctor. Mr Saxon is the newly elected PM of Britain and is seen fighting w/ the Doctor. Saxon is the master, NOT no6 as he is NOT a Time Lord any longer, he took Nyssa's father's body he kept leaping to other bodies, not regenerating. He is now in Mr Saxon's body and hired the guy from Lazurus to give himself regenerations.
    thats what i heard