Man United Supporters Thread (Part 36)

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Is it wrong that it's genuinely concerning to see even our rivals falling so miserably.

It's funny and I'm loving it, but on reflection it's a sad state of affairs.

Whats actually sad is that if you read the Arsenal thread they are genuinely not surprised.

Of course, its not over yet but having not won a trophy for so long to go out of the League Cup to Bradford and the FA Cup at home to Blackburn would surely be seen as unacceptable.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    They'll probably score in the ninetieth minute or so...

They are well and truly no longer a force though in English football, no trophies in seven years or so? I expect Bayern to completely embarrass them next week as well.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    "Arsenal have scored 22 goals this season from the 80th minute onwards"

Clearly they'll be hoping the 23rd and possibly 24th will come this afternoon! :)
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    Arsenal have either quit or they're really just not talented.

They are beyond pathetic this season.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    There's always a stat:

Statisticians Opta Sports: "Arsenal have not lost an FA Cup tie at home since February 1997 against Leeds (W25 D9 since then)."
    Forum Member
    FT at Arsenal. Scandalous result.

Wenger must be under serious pressure now.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Arsenal have either quit or they're really just not talented.

They are beyond pathetic this season.

They've quit caring about anything other than picking up money. Teams take after their manager, United sum up Fergie, this Arsenal side sum up what Wenger has become.
    Forum Member
    zieler wrote: »
    They've quit caring about anything other than picking up money. Teams take after their manager, United sum up Fergie, this Arsenal side sum up what Wenger has become.

To get knocked out of cups is one thing - only one team can win it, but to be knocked out by Bradford and Blackburn is surely the sign of a fundamental problem at the club.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll probably concentrate on the 4th place trophy now.
    Forum Member
    They're not getting any better. I don't see them getting 4th at all.

Shows how strong we are. Arsenal falling apart. Liverpool are useless. Chelsea are rotating managers for fun. City are disintegrating under the pressure of defending their title.

Meanwhile, we're running away with the title and in a position for 3 trophies.
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    To get knocked out of cups is one thing - only one team can win it, but to be knocked out by Bradford and Blackburn is surely the sign of a fundamental problem at the club.

And they do it season after season.
    f_196 wrote: »
    They'll probably concentrate on the 4th place trophy now.

I honestly don't even think they'll get that. Chelsea should be strong enough and Spurs look the real deal this year. Tuesday will be interesting, if they don't improve ten-fold they could be destroyed.
    Forum Member
    Blackburn Rovers, Barnsley and Millwall through in the FA Cup so far. We have a real chance at the trophy this season if we dont get complacent with team selection and performance.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Ive tried my luck with a few dogs on a friday night in the past myself. They usually turn me down though. :D

I had a decent wee win last week on a treble of Villa, us and England in the rugby on sunday so thats funded what will no doubt turn out to be this weekends losses!

Keeping a bit in reserve for betting on the Cheltenham Festival next month though. That usually needs a few quid.

Class :D

Port Vale done me over good and proper, gutted. That recommendation to you to put your life savings on Cheltenham drawing makes it even worst for the simple fact that I didn't back it myself.
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't even think they'll get that. Chelsea should be strong enough and Spurs look the real deal this year. Tuesday will be interesting, if they don't improve ten-fold they could be destroyed.

There's still a distance to go yet. This time last season Spurs were looking shoe-in for a CL spot but then collapsed following that 5-2 loss at Arsenal on the final weekend of February.

Of course the Redknapp for England saga may have played its part, although I reckon Tottenham bottled it. They could do so again this season, but I think Chelsea are unconvincing - as I said earlier this week, I think both Spurs and Arsenal will make the top four, at the expense of Chelsea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackburn Rovers, Barnsley and Millwall through in the FA Cup so far. We have a real chance at the trophy this season if we dont get complacent with team selection and performance.

But surely you know that if we beat Reading on Monday night, we won't draw any of those teams in the sixth round? ;)
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    Must surely be time for Wenger to go, i know he did well at the beginning of his reign but things have being going from bad to worse for so long now. 8 years without a trophy (unless they win the Champions League) is far too long for a club of Arsenal's standard. I don't know how Wenger gets so many chances as this will be his 8th season in a row without a trophy and 12 out of 17 in all. Add to this the fact he has never won a European trophy and only won 3 out of 17 League titles and his record isn't as great as it is made out to be. Yes you could argue that he has won 2 League and Cup Doubles and gone a season undefeated which he deserves praise for, but how long can Wenger live off his past successes.
    Forum Member
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    There's still a distance to go yet. This time last season Spurs were looking shoe-in for a CL spot but then collapsed following that 5-2 loss at Arsenal on the final weekend of February.

Of course the Redknapp for England saga may have played its part, although I reckon Tottenham bottled it. They could do so again this season, but I think Chelsea are unconvincing - as I said earlier this week, I think both Spurs and Arsenal will make the top four, at the expense of Chelsea.

Big difference between that Spurs team and this one. The manager looks a step up, the defence is better, the goalie is better, Bale is better. They should have enough. And even Rafa can't **** up Chelsea that much, surely?
  • IH80IH80 Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think Arsenal will miss out on a CL spot. Spurs have a pretty tough schedule over March and April compared to Arsenal. I can see them dropping enough points for Arsenal to overtake them.
    Forum Member
    Arsenal look incapable against most of the bottom clubs they face, there is no easy schedule for them.
  • IH80IH80 Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arsenal look incapable against most of the bottom clubs they face, there is no easy schedule for them.

That's been the case, but mostly in the cups. The majority of games against the bottom half teams they've won. Its the big teams they've failed miserably at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big difference between that Spurs team and this one. The manager looks a step up, the defence is better, the goalie is better, Bale is better. They should have enough. And even Rafa can't **** up Chelsea that much, surely?

Agree with your thoughts on Spurs - they're certainly more mature now, although the AVB's ambitions in the Europa League could yet be a problem to their PL target.

Disagree regarding Chelsea - Rafa can **** up Chelsea that much!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Good start for Oldham 1-0 up :D
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Class :D

Port Vale done me over good and proper, gutted. That recommendation to you to put your life savings on Cheltenham drawing makes it even worst for the simple fact that I didn't back it myself.

Ive tried to rescue the day with a wee one on Oldham - think they have scored too early though.

Workmate was planning a Blackburn/Oldham double for today so im torn about the oldham result. If they win i win money but i will never hear the end of the double coming in and me not backing it. I dont know what odds Blackburn were but Oldham alone was 8/1!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Good start for Oldham 1-0 up :D

If we both get through i woudn't mind Oldham ;D
    Forum Member
    Ffs! :(
This discussion has been closed.