Love/Hate S04 - RTÉ Ireland Pace - *Will contain Spoilers for UK Pace Viewers*

Comments

• irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC57 wrote: »
    At least they have caught up with that bogger copper who Nidge has a hold over - 'I was stationed with your father in Crumlin. He would be so disappointed'. It was far from Crumlin your man grew up with that South Kerry accent.

I can see them using the bent copper to feed Nidge a load of cobblers and really start to play games with his head. That said, I wouldn't mind if the bent copper never appears again as he is definatly the most annoying character (albeit a small part) in the series.

Elmo will probably get whacked next week too the way ist going for him !

I now live in Wales but still manage to see L/H every Sunday but fair play to RTE, the game has really been upped in the last few years in terms of the drama output (Pure Mule, Raw) but Love/Hate is seriously one of the best, if not the best thing they have every had a hand in.
    Yeah I was thinking that too... they will surly feed false information to Nidge through the corrupt Guard to try and bring him down that way.

Fran is my favorite character by far, Peter Coonan is a very good actor and turns Fran into a lovable rogue - he is no doubt a dangerous bastard but still he a great character.

I'm with you there, RTÉ have to be credited majorly or commissioning this series... at the time they probably didn't realise it would become this and took a bit of a risk... how well it has worked out for them... its a series that has the quality of anything coming out of the UK at the minute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratings released for last night's episode too... an average of 880,000 viewers with a 50% share. Well done RTÉ!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is great numbers especially considering it is up against Downton Abbey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is great numbers especially considering it is up against Downton Abbey.
    Yeah and especially when you think all British channels are available in the vast majority of Irish homes via sky, UPC or freesat/view.
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uproar in the Irish media as it is revealed that a serving Garda appeared in last Sundays episode playing the part of a Garda
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jj2 wrote: »
    Uproar in the Irish media as it is revealed that a serving Garda appeared in last Sundays episode playing the part of a Garda
    Not much uproar in the papers yesterday anyway... Haven't seen todays, what are they saying? ... They said yesterday that he was entitled to do whatever he wants in his spare time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the cat last week, a serving guard this week.

Wonder who or what will be in the crosshairs next Monday morning...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the cat last week, a serving guard this week.

Wonder who or what will be in the crosshairs next Monday morning...
    It will probably be back to killing humans from here on in so things will quieten down :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think last Sunday gave the impression alright that it is going to get down to brass tacks and whacking all and sundry very soon.

Nidge being stalked by the RA bird and the cat killer; Elmo getting set up by the law to either run into their arms squeeling like a baby or taking a chance and gettng eliminated by an ever more paranoid Nidge; anyone who crosses or even looks at Fran the wrong way.

Normal service in other words...
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have now caught up!

Hmm, Tommys missus don't trust that copper, he's so gona use you,
    I'm liking Fran too, he should be top dog, not Nidge,
    think Elmos time will be up soon

Seen the ratings, look good over there, pity we don't get the series here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be on Channel 5.

Eventually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have now caught up!

Hmm, Tommys missus don't trust that copper, he's so gona use you,
    I'm liking Fran too, he should be top dog, not Nidge,
    think Elmos time will be up soon

Seen the ratings, look good over there, pity we don't get the series here
    Its funny, you really shouldn't like Fran but something about his character makes him by far the most likable one on the show. Yeah I think Elmo and Tommy should be worried - very worried.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be on Channel 5.

Eventually.
    They really should have went straight on to series 2, the only think is that it is almost un-watchable on C5 even compared with RTÉ... the ads ruin the natural run of the show on C5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best thing I ever did was keep the Irish Sky sub and bring the box to the UK with me.

Worth it for L/H alone...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be on Channel 5.

Eventually.

I cant believe channel 5 didn't go straight into series 2,
    bloody shame, for me, thank god for the internet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Its funny, you really shouldn't like Fran but something about his character makes him by far the most likable one on the show. Yeah I think Elmo and Tommy should be worried - very worried.

Hello you, yes when Fran first rocked up, I thought, oh god, but he's grown on me, have never took to Nidge, am abit worried about Tommy though :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello you, yes when Fran first rocked up, I thought, oh god, but he's grown on me, have never took to Nidge, am abit worried about Tommy though :(
    Great acting from Killian Scott (Tommy) - dramatically improved from S01 - he was suspect but has totally grown into the role. I don't know if Nidge will order Tommy to be clipped... he is still being haunted over Darren and I think his biggest threat will come from Fran who will be out to cover his own ass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great acting from Killian Scott (Tommy) - dramatically improved from S01 - he was suspect but has totally grown into the role. I don't know if Nidge will order Tommy to be clipped... he is still being haunted over Darren and I think his biggest threat will come from Fran who will be out to cover his own ass.

I think you've got the Fran one right, I really hope someone takes down Nidge for what hes done to Tommy, hopefully his missus will grow a apair of balls, I would if it was me,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you've got the Fran one right, I really hope someone takes down Nidge for what hes done to Tommy, hopefully his missus will grow a apair of balls, I would if it was me,
    I actually don't know what will happen over the next 4 episodes ... that's the great thing about this series, it could change in an instance as one of the top guys could be taken out at any time... by the IRA, other gang members or the Gardai. Can't wait for next week now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't know what will happen over the next 4 episodes ... that's the great thing about this series, it could change in an instance as one of the top guys could be taken out at any time... by the IRA, other gang members or the Gardai. Can't wait for next week now :)

Only 4 episodes to go? Really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news, previews for tomorrow?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news, previews for tomorrow?
    Episode 3 Preview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UVGPQ0ofX8

Yeah I'm sure its a 6 episode season again, from the preview Elmo and Tommy might face a bit of trouble before the end of the season :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, was hoping Tommy would be ok, aint looking like it:(
    Had a looky at the 'cat' on that chat show, ha ha,:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, was hoping Tommy would be ok, aint looking like it:(
    Had a looky at the 'cat' on that chat show, ha ha,:)
    The only thing that I think could save Tommy is Nidge's guilt over Darren, he is still haunted after having him killed - as was showed to us when he visited Darren's grave twice so far at all hours of the night.

Fran is Tommy's main threat now I think, it will be interesting to see whether Fran is remanded in custody after being arrested last week while on route to the dentist.

Tonight's episode should be very good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how was tonight's episode?