Julia Bradbury on Five Live Breakfast

mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
Forum Member
✭✭
I get the impression she is annoying the other presenters - she is very overbearing and facetious. This morning she butted in to Phil's on location interview and Phil ended up saying "this is Phil Williams" to hint that she should butt out. I used to like her, but her radio sting has put me off.

Comments

• old pilotold pilot Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mychmose wrote: »
    I get the impression she is annoying the other presenters - she is very overbearing and facetious. This morning she butted in to Phil's on location interview and Phil ended up saying "this is Phil Williams" to hint that she should butt out. I used to like her, but her radio sting has put me off.

I heard the programme as well and formed the same conclusion.

Imagine her sharing airtime with Nicky Campbell and Matt Allwright on Five Live Breakfast:eek:
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    I wish she'd just sod off up some hill and stay there with only Sheep to annoy.
  • old pilotold pilot Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wavy-davy wrote: »
    I wish she'd just sod off up some hill and stay there with only Sheep to annoy.
    You can't keep a good ego down.
  • Ian F 2012Ian F 2012 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I agree - I never thought I would want Rachel Burden back, but Bradbury has really had that effect for me. She interrupts and makes irrelevant comments. She was so bad this morning that I turned the radio off.

The thought of pairing Campbell and Bradbury had crossed my mind as well, but I am sure they could not find a studio big enough for the combined egos.

Perhaps its all a plot to make Campbell and Burden appear good?
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Most new presenters take a bit of time to relax into it. Phil Williams was atrocious to start with but has improved with time. Julia Bradbury needs some time to adjust and she may turn out to be reasonably OK. Even Radio 1 DJs and game show hosts can be OK sometimes.
  • mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian F 2012 wrote: »
    I agree - I never thought I would want Rachel Burden back, but Bradbury has really had that effect for me. She interrupts and makes irrelevant comments. She was so bad this morning that I turned the radio off.

The thought of pairing Campbell and Bradbury had crossed my mind as well, but I am sure they could not find a studio big enough for the combined egos.

Perhaps its all a plot to make Campbell and Burden appear good?

I know what you mean about Nicky but he is very kind and supportive of his fellow presenters. He treats it like 5 Live Breakfast, Julia treats it like the Julia Bradbury show.
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm afraid I found Ms Bradbury way too overbearing.
  • mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most new presenters take a bit of time to relax into it. Phil Williams was atrocious to start with but has improved with time. Julia Bradbury needs some time to adjust and she may turn out to be reasonably OK. Even Radio 1 DJs and game show hosts can be OK sometimes.

Agreed! Phil has improved a lot. I just find him too bland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She filled in last summer. But then 5 live never learn from their mistakes. Neither do radio 2, judging from all the comments about TV personalities drafted in as presenters.