Apple lose appeal

Comments

• StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    I expect the average joe does not even know what the court case (or the appeal) is about.

Don't be so sure. The US one for instance was hugely publicised. People aren't stupid. This one is shared a ton of times.

I think you underestimate the average joe!
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Don't be so sure. The US one for instance was hugely publicised. People aren't stupid. This one is shared a ton of times.

I think you underestimate the average joe!

OK.

How do you think it will effect them? Phone sales, tablet sales, share price?
    Forum Member
    OK.

It could affect them in any one of those now they have been shown to be lying swines.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    OK.

The share price might take a temporary hit due to the knee jerk reaction of analysts. But as far as their business is concerned no impact at all. I'm guessing that the UK market is perhaps 1% of their total, but even in this country what average Joe is going to say "Oh I see that Apple accused Samsung of copying but were mistaken. As a result I am not going to buy the iPhone that I really want". Really ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could affect them in any one of those.

It could, but since the original ruling, it hasn't:)

To be clear, I think it was a stupid court case, but I do smile at how people think this 'win' is going to have a massive effect on Apple.

I assume when they run the adverts it will include the judges comment about the galaxy tab not being 'as cool' as the ipad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    The share price might take a temporary hit due to the knee jerk reaction of analysts. But as far as their business is concerned no impact at all. I'm guessing that the UK market is perhaps 1% of their total, but even in this country what average Joe is going to say "Oh I see that Apple accused Samsung of copying but were mistaken. As a result I am not going to buy the iPhone that I really want". Really ?

Exactly.
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »

Its a bit naive and stupid to think that wont happen actually. Samsung sales hit the roof with people buying the S3 in the US after the US court ruling. People on here bought another brand instead of an iphone. I had the 4S and would have bought the 5 had it not have been for apple idiocy and greed. so yes, it does happen.

Also don't try to dress it up as mistaken. Apple lied through their teeth to in effect kill another company. They have in fact been shown many times now to be lying fools. Why anyone would buy something from apple is beyond me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the 4S and would have bought the 5 had it not have been for apple idiocy and greed. so yes, it does happen.

Of course you would.

This is all very predictable from you, but the fact is this ruling will have a negligible effect on Apple's sales and share price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple lied through their teeth to in effect kill another company. They have in fact been shown many times now to be lying fools. Why anyone would buy something from apple is beyond me.

Did they:confused:

It will be interesting to see their punishment for contempt of court.
    Forum Member
    Of course you would.

This is all very predictable from you.

Of course it is....

So because i disagree with apples practises recently yet i owned an iphone 4 means i wouldn't have considered getting the 5?

Like a bunch of kids in this place.....
    but the fact is this ruling will have a negligible effect on Apple's sales and share price.

Which is what ive been saying. I never once said it would have a huge effect. What i said is it will have some effect.
    Forum Member
    Did they:confused:

It will be interesting to see their punishment for contempt of court.

Of course they did!

Apple say Samsung copied their design. They didn't which has been proved in court.

Your telling me that's not a lie?...:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a bit naive and stupid to think that wont happen actually. Samsung sales hit the roof with people buying the S3 in the US after the US court ruling. People on here bought another brand instead of an iphone. I had the 4S and would have bought the 5 had it not have been for apple idiocy and greed. so yes, it does happen.

What has Samsung S3 sales got to do with this ruling?

And I really don't know how you can claim you where going to buy the iphone 5 after everything you have written on this forum:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they did!

Apple say Samsung copied their design. They didn't which has been proved in court.

Your telling me that's not a lie?...:confused:

Correct I am telling you that is not a lie.

I love your view on things....you're funny:)
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    All companies are very concerned about there public reputation and image and I assure you this will not go down well at apple and will certainly be widely reported when it happens.

It is embarrassing to have to apologise for accusing someone of essentially cheating and something apple will be very loath to do.

Clearly the usual suspects think it is a non event I can assure you apple will be looking at ways to minimise the effect of this and will be embarrassed.
    Forum Member
    Correct I am telling you that is not a lie.

I love your view on things....you're funny:)

And your hysterical!!! :D

I'm telling you it is....

Your views are the oddest i have ever seen! Apple go to court, tell the court Samsung copied something which they didn't. The court finds Samsung did not copy. That's a lie like it or not! Your pro apple view cannot and will not change that!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    All companies are very concerned about there public reputation and image and I assure you this will not go down well at apple and will certainly be widely reported when it happens.

It is embarrassing to have to apologise for accusing someone of essentially cheating and something apple will be very loath to do.

Clearly the usual suspects think it is a non event I can assure you apple will be looking at ways to minimise the effect of this and will be embarrassed.

If you mean me, then I agree it will be embarrassing for the company. That embarrassment will last a few days maybe a week. What I find weird is how people thinks that this makes Apple some sort of evil "or disgrace of a" company and that this will be the end of them.

The ruling (that they lost) was made in July. I do not believe it had a massive effect on things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So because i disagree with apples practises recently yet i owned an iphone 4 means i wouldn't have considered getting the 5?

Like a bunch of kids in this place.....

Not at all. I just find it curious that you "would have bought the iPhone 5" as you said just a few posts ago, considering the many, many faults you had with the 4S and the terrible customer service that you received from Apple. Only four days ago, you said on another thread that "the 4S was useless and the 5 is just terrible".

You must be a glutton for punishment if you would have bought a phone you consider to be terrible after owning the previous incarnation that was plagued with problems.
    Forum Member
    What has Samsung S3 sales got to do with this ruling?

And I really don't know how you can claim you where going to buy the iphone 5 after everything you have written on this forum:rolleyes:

Well that actually has nothing to do with you what i buy or not.

I had the 4S and naturally i was looking forward to buying the 5. Apple started all this nonsense in the courts to which i strongly disagreed with. I decided i wanted nothing to do with a company who lie through their teeth.

What is bizarre to say the least, is why you bought an Android phone when you are so pro apple its absolutely ridiculous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And your hysterical!!! :D

I'm telling you it is....

Your views are the oddest i have ever seen! Apple go to court, tell the court Samsung copied something which they didn't. The court finds Samsung did not copy. That's a lie like it or not! Your pro apple view cannot and will not change that!!

So, you are saying that everyone that loses a case in court are lying:confused:

You might want to think about that for a while.
    Forum Member
    Not at all. I just find it curious that you "would have bought the iPhone 5" as you said just a few posts ago, considering the many, many faults you had with the 4S and the terrible customer service that you received from Apple. Only four days ago, you said on another thread that "the 4S was useless and the 5 is just terrible".

You must be a glutton for punishment if you would have bought a phone you consider to be terrible after owning the previous incarnation that was plagued with problems.

Like others on here, i spent a fortune on Apps and music for the phone so naturally, i would stay in the eco system of apple.

Perfectly simple.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The court this time found they were lying though given the evidence presented to the court.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is bizarre to say the least, is why you bought an Android phone when you are so pro apple its absolutely ridiculous!

I'm not pro-Apple. I am just not anti-Apple. There is a big difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The court this time found they were lying though given the evidence presented to the court.

I'm unaware of this finding. Could you explain.
    Forum Member

Point me to where i said everyone please....or are you making things up?

What i am saying is apple have indeed lied. Apple did not invent the tablet form. The tab looks nothing like an ipad. Apple claim it is to ban the tab, That's a blatant lie to stifle competition.

Oh yeah, and then there was the pictures apple doctored to make the tab look the same!!

Come on, seriously..Are you going to continue to argue about this?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apple have had a history of falsifying or 'modifying' evidence in court in an attempt to gain an advantage, so I'm not surprised people are so reluctant to believe their claims.