Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is easy to forget that many people read this thread without posting. If someone posts something that strikes a chord it's possible that would account for the flurry of posts saying similar things. I don't know whether this is the case - just putting it out there.

I don't think that, the flurry of posts from different people, is bullying at all in itself. There may be something but what it is I wouldn't know. I think there are two separate issues.

ETA One of those posters is now a new regular and very welcome poster for a start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi There sorry for the website mix up our website is www.thedukeofcornwall.net the other website is an old one we cannot get rid of (any ideas are welcome :) ) and Anthea was a previous lanlady and i will cover my tats in future :/ but there worth a read lol also we do have 2 businesses foliage and pub :)

:D Oh gawd, I wasn't going to chip in this series as, although I loved the programme, I think C4 are ruining it just as they did Come Dine With Me.
    Fantastic premise but flogging it to death means I get bored. They cast the same types- arrogant chauvinistic pig, outsiders who are in to win in in a deathly stealth way and somewhat eccentric older lady channelling her inner tyrant. Throw in a pair who are slightly off the norm and BINGO. Perfect casting in the heads of production.
    But I have to stickup for you and Anthea.
    Many moons ago I got engaged there. My ex is from St Blazey and had proposed very romantically :rolleyes: on a trip along the cost, along the lines of "what do you want for your birthday?" Facetiously I said a diamond solitaire and hells teeth if he didn't buy me one in Looe. ( On our way back, after nipping down to Charleston docks we stopped off at your place ( this was years and years ago mind and boy, has it changed for the better....well done you) and lo and behold, he held out the ring. No going down on one knee or anything, Cornishmen just don't do that naturally, particularly if they think their mates will be coming in for a pint. :p

We had a really good meal, cheap but well cooked and altogether a lovely evening.

I like you two. I like the rapport you have, the lack of snark and you have a real easy going camaraderie. Hell, I'm not sure if there were rooms to let back then, but I'd have definitely stayed the night, if only to sleep off the copious amounts I'd drunk in astonishment that after 4 years, he's actually done the dastardly deed .And I thought your prices were really reasonable.

All the best to you both and I hope you make a good living out of it. I don't mind the tats at all. It's you. Though,as Cornwall can be in Victorian mode with gay couples, I'm sure not everyone agrees. But I have to stick up for my Kernow lot. At least you're completely real.

Just make a huge gag to administer to Louis if he ever comes back. Arrogant prat. All hot air and wow, what a mess he'd make if he had to do all the BB (whoops,genteel hotel) stuff.:rolleyes:

I bet not a lot of people can say they got engaged in a local Cornish hostelry, but we Cornish are down to earth folk and not ones for putting on a splurge for anyone (well in my circles anyway!)

:o Sorry for going so off topic, but your place bought back some great memories and nostalgia. Thanks.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello all :) we had a great time filming FIAB and as you could probably tell from tonights show things did get heated !!!!!
    but all in all it was fun but very tiring hence the lack of artificial face paint lol ;)
    just to clear up a few points that a few have made understandably whilst cooking for the public i do indeed wear the appropiate clothing and in the kitchen they arnt on display but behind the bar they come out to play and its a real talking point as people are interested in what they say and mean.
    and the affection towards one an other comes natural and alot of people that have stayed with us comment and say how lovely it is.<3
    thank you to the guys who have commented on the website we will look into why the pickies arnt showing :)

Welcome! I don't have time to post often, but always try to watch each episode (even if it's from the Sky planner!) and it's always nice when participants 'pop up' on DS to say hello! We do like the odd bit of inside info... ;)
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have time to post often...
    Well, that's just not good enough ;) - I always enjoyed your posts because you made good points and even better, they were well written and argued.

Great story, Tally ! :cool: Did you get married too !?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Well, that's just not good enough ;) - I always enjoyed your posts because you made good points and even better, they were well written and argued.

Great story, Tally ! :cool: Did you get married too !?

Oh yes, St Austell Registry Office, too many years ago to remember. I think that and a few drinks wiped out our budget, so no real reception. :( It's a whole new world now, couples seem to think the wedding is the be all and end of it, not the marriage which can be bloody hard work.) Still we lasted longer than most. I am now glorying in blessed singleness, selfish and self centred to the core. :D
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I don't think that, the flurry of posts from different people, is bullying at all in itself. There may be something but what it is I wouldn't know. I think there are two separate issues.

ETA One of those posters is now a new regular and very welcome poster for a start.

Any and every one is welcome so far as I'm concerned Jam, more the merrier and I don't even care if I agree or disagree, debate is healthy and I often change my mind if persuaded well, but last weekend I did detect some rabble rousing by posters who seemed to drop a bomb and run. I haven't even bothered to note who was who, but some did undoubtedly add fuel to a flame without even any interest in actually joining in.

I don't have a problem if anyone needed encouragement to join a thread that they may have felt was somehow closed to newcomers and am happy to set that record straight.
    There are lots of new names here now in this thread and that's a good thing :)
    tally wrote: »
    :D Oh gawd, I wasn't going to chip in this series
    :o Sorry for going so off topic, but your place bought back some great memories and nostalgia. Thanks.

TALLY!
    I haven't encountered you in for.ever on DS!!!

Nice story and not o/t at all in my book, nice story that ties in and all that. Hope all's good with you.
    Welcome! I don't have time to post often...

Haven't seen you around so much either JP. nice to see you too.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Louis thinks Debbie & Karen's and Toni's places are only worth £40 per night, but a room in his hotel is worth £98 per night...!

I just don't see how he works that out - what is worth an extra £58 for a night at the Royal Sportsman?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »

TALLY!
    I haven't encountered you in for.ever on DS!!!

Nice story and not o/t at all in my book, nice story that ties in and all that. Hope all's good with you.

:) Fine thanks SS. Hope you're good too. Despite my apparent mahoosive number of posts that's been in 10+ years and I mostly stick to just a few threads now. DS has grown so big these days.

I still don't understand how anyone racks up hundreds and hundreds of posts though, or even what they find to post about. 36,000 in 2 years!! :eek:

I think a lot of oldies still post, it's just we've got a bit more.
    selective. ;)

Just for your eyes and completely OT again, but Tally Towers has a new resident, although he doesn't pay anything for his keep. Think I've missed a trick there. LITTLEUN
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Fine thanks SS. Hope you're good too. Despite my apparent mahoosive number of posts that's been in 10+ years and I mostly stick to just a few threads now. DS has grown so big these days.

I still don't understand how anyone racks up hundreds and hundreds of posts though, or even what they find to post about. 36,000 in 2 years!! :eek:

selective. ;)

Just for your eyes and completely OT again, but Tally Towers has a new resident, although he doesn't pay anything for his keep. Think I've missed a trick there. [URL=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/tally1068/Dogs beach and home/Negative0-05-031-1.jpg]LITTLEUN[/URL]

Littleun -

So cute! Wish I could pick him up and give him a cuddle.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely chaps this week......:p
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    gboy, yes, I agree.

selective. ;)

Oh my goodness, the little un is just GORJ-US mwah mwah.

I'm fine thank you and yes, I don't stray too far around the site these days, it has indeed grown huge and can be a fearsome place sometimes.

That post number is just beyond strange to me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    So Louis thinks Debbie & Karen's and Toni's places are only worth £40 per night, but a room in his hotel is worth £98 per night...!

I just don't see how he works that out - what is worth an extra £58 for a night at the Royal Sportsman?

Quite staggering! Nothing that I could see. Louis said his place has a restaurant and a bar, which is part of the extra cost, but so do Debbie and Karen.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

selective. ;)

Just for your eyes and completely OT again, but Tally Towers has a new resident, although he doesn't pay anything for his keep. Think I've missed a trick there. LITTLEUN

OMG! That is one seriously cute little puppy! Can I ask what his name is? I'm just a complete sucker when it comes to dogs!
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LET us all go to Blackpool, and stay in the £40 gay couple b/b
  • fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Karen, thanks for explaining about the seance and the attire in the kitchen, its nice to have these questions cleared up otherwise we are just left wondering.

Out of the four this week if I had to choose one it would be Toni's place. The pub would be too noisy and couldn't stand Louis or Lorraine.

As far as tight bedding goes Mr F likes it all tucked in and I am a loose woman:D. We have separate beds in separate rooms which works well for us as he is a snorer, saves me putting a pillow over his face. We rarely stop in B&B or hotels as it would cost too much for 2 rooms. On the odd occassion when we are in France travelling we have to and I get very little sleep which makes me a miserable cow. We stay in gites now and make sure we can have a bedroom each.
  • fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LET us all go to Blackpool, and stay in the £40 gay couple b/b

At least there I could afford two rooms one for me and one for him.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All in all - what an odd week on 4IAB.

I think the girls won the contest - Women V MCPs. I liked them although I think they were a bit fierce! :eek::D And Louis. Little Louis was this week's stand out PITA. Bless. None of the places were outstanding and I suspect they were chosen for the owners rather the B&Bs. I had thought that this was the last week but I see from the C4 website it's on again next week. Yay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! That is one seriously cute little puppy! Can I ask what his name is? I'm just a complete sucker when it comes to dogs!

Isn't he gorgeous? And he has the temperament to match. He was christened Raffa I'm a teeny bit fanatical about tennis. :) But he's so tiny I never call him anything but Littleun!!

;) He's far better company than husbands and the love of my life!

( I'll stick to FIAB posts now and stay firmly on topic. :o:o Promise. )
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Isn't he gorgeous? And he has the temperament to match. He was christened Raffa I'm a teeny bit fanatical about tennis. :) But he's so tiny I never call him anything but Littleun!!

;) He's far better company than husbands and the love of my life!

( I'll stick to FIAB posts now and stay firmly on topic. :o:o Promise. )

He's adorable tally and Raffa is a great name! I'll take the thread further O/T because Rafa's uncle has a restaurant in my village (Rafa only lives 20 mins. drive from here). If I had a printer I'd show him his namesake!
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I think it is easy to forget that many people read this thread without posting. If someone posts something that strikes a chord it's possible that would account for the flurry of posts saying similar things. I don't know whether this is the case - just putting it out there.

Absolutely my last post. I will only lurk from now on. But just wanted to explain to Jam.

I agree totally with your first paragraph.

But, as to your second paragraph, something happened far and away above that. Unfortunately, there was a technical glitch on DS afterwards, and a mass of posts disappeared. In those an FM was definitely bullying (not just my opinion, but that of other FMs who PMd me), personal, and nasty. He was so nasty in one post, that he edited it very quickly. But too late. I had read it.

If the new welcome poster you refer to is that person, then he may be welcome, but the nature of his contributions alienated me, and several others consider him a bully.

I have always enjoyed this thread, but when someone thinks they are better than other FMs, time for me to leave.

Just thought I owed Jam an explanation.

Over and Out!
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    I really would have loved to have seen Porthmadog and the harbour near the location of Duke Of Cornwall in St Austell, which was shown for 0.000001 of a second.

Charlestown, absolutely beautiful and only a 10 minute drive away from St Austell (which itself is horrible).
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    I have no intention of returning to the thread, but just had to make a couple of points.

EWoodie. You criticised me about all sorts of things, including embarassing myself by sucking up to owners when they come on the thread. And here you are doing it yourself to Karen!!!!! Dual standards I call it.

I also have been rather dismayed this week by certain personal comments made by FMs about the proprietors of the Duke of Cornwall. Most FMs have been perfectly OK, but there is an element on here that are not. The couple are gay. So what - get over it. Comments such as "Really butch women alert", "Bring 'em on", "The two girls are just bland, generic, cliched lesbians", are really not pleasant. In previous weeks, there have been several gay male couples. Yes, comments have been made about the number of gay couples on the show, but I can't remember any personal comments about any individuals, although I am sure someone will correct me.

And just to put the record straight, I am not gay. I am an old married lady. Just more enlightened than some people it would appear.

Well said Tommo. As I said before, all the comments about the blonde girls appearance because she shows her tattoos and their embracing and kissing each other has a definite subliminal element of something rather obvious.

I bet nothing was said about the man a few months ago with all the tattoos on his arms exposed, rotten teeth and scruffy appearance. It's so obvious that people are commenting on these girls for different reasons than they are saying or would admit to.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    Charlestown, absolutely beautiful and only a 10 minute drive away from St Austell (which itself is horrible).

Well they dont call it St Awful for nothing, I agree it would have been lovely to see Charlestown properly.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for posting these up Birthday Girl, so far out of that I think the one in Wales looks promising, but we'll see! I just can't help but think the Richwood Hotel looks slightly naff with the murals of cacti and sunshine lol! And I just don't do Yurts or glamping, it's just not for me, I can't understand how people pay for such discomfort to be honest (Sorry if people think I'm wrong :o) but I would never pay to stay where it wasn't inside and comfy warm and dry at all times!

Looking forward to next week's show! :)
This discussion has been closed.