Badults

Comments

• HMOHMO Posts: 42,213
    Forum Member
    I'm going to give it another go.

But, take out all the things that make it post-watershed, and put it at teatime on BBC1 on a Saturday night. I'm not sure if the concept is good enough for it to be at 10pm on a weeknight.
    Forum Member
    Who watched it yesterday?
  • blimpyboyblimpyboy Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I'm going to give it another go.

But, take out all the things that make it post-watershed, and put it at teatime on BBC1 on a Saturday night. I'm not sure if the concept is good enough for it to be at 10pm on a weeknight.

Clearly no one is watching (or no one feels strongly enough about it one way or the other to post).

I totally agree with your suggestion to move it to Sat tea time, It pretty much is The Goodies.

Something from 40 years ago anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who watched it yesterday?

I watched it just to see if it got any better, but after 5 minutes i turned over.
  • blimpyboyblimpyboy Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    It must be terrible to record all the episodes of a series and then see reviews after ep 1 and think "but they are all like that - it doesn't get any better".

I remember watching the dire Horne and Corden sketch show first episode and seeing the scathing reviews and feeling a bit sorry for them - reading the reviews and knowing that there were 5 more equally awful episodes to come.

I do honestly think these "Badult" guys would be good on kids tv.
    Forum Member
    blimpyboy wrote: »
    It must be terrible to record all the episodes of a series and then see reviews after ep 1 and think "but they are all like that - it doesn't get any better".

I remember watching the dire Horne and Corden sketch show first episode and seeing the scathing reviews and feeling a bit sorry for them - reading the reviews and knowing that there were 5 more equally awful episodes to come.

I do honestly think these "Badult" guys would be good on kids tv.

Horne & Corden started well in the ratings, then kind of went into freefall, losing almost half of it's viewers throughout the series.

They would be good on kids TV, but on Badults, the jokes just aren't good enough. They also had to bleep out '****' as well, what was the point of that? Shouldn't have included it in the first place.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I watched ep2. I was drinking at the time though ;)

Not sure how a previous poster compared them to the IT Crowd. It's nothing alike imo.

It may be better if they let loose a bit more and made it more into a part sitcom part sketch show as it's obvious they're trying to shoehorn in some sketches into it anyway.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rather enjoy this

Yes, it's never going to earn a place in the pantheon of sitcom greats but it's harmless enough fun
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biggest pile of shit i've seen on tv in a long time! Simply not funny nor enjoyable.

When you have class like Him and Her how the hell can this programme get commissioned?! It's tragically awful. Pure embarassment for BBC, BBC3 and all the cast involved.
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Dreadful.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    I can't believe great comedy like 'Mongrels' gets cancelled and utter tripe like this gets commissioned. There is genuinely funnier stuff on the CBBC channel.

Because BBC commissioning editors are notorious for commissioning or de-commissioning using their personal taste and to hell with everyone else :D
    dare I mention Pulling :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen two episodes, both equally dreadful. I definitely won't be watching again.
  • opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this. Someone must be sleeping with someone to have got this commissioned. Yuk.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Biggest pile of shit i've seen on tv in a long time! Simply not funny nor enjoyable.

When you have class like Him and Her how the hell can this programme get commissioned?! It's tragically awful. Pure embarassment for BBC, BBC3 and all the cast involved.

Because last summer they were getting reviews like this- http://www.chortle.co.uk/shows/edinburgh_fringe_2012/p/20364/pappys%3A_last_show_ever!/review?review=3095

They were awesome live last year.
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Because last summer they were getting reviews like this- http://www.chortle.co.uk/shows/edinburgh_fringe_2012/p/20364/pappys%3A_last_show_ever!/review?review=3095

They were awesome live last year.

I wonder why that hasn't translated to the TV show then.
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen the second episode yet but the first one had me in fits of laughter while I was riding a train to London. It's comedy but of a more sophisticated kind than you traditionally see these days. I really hope more people give this a chance it has potential. I can't wait to see the second episode later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »
    I haven't seen the second episode yet but the first one had me in fits of laughter while I was riding a train to London. It's comedy but of a more sophisticated kind than you traditionally see these days. I really hope more people give this a chance it has potential. I can't wait to see the second episode later.

I don't see the similarities between this and Frasier, personally. Badults is to comedy what eating deadly nightshade is to a healthy diet.
  • smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »

Sophisticated? Now, that's funny.

Badults is cretinous rubbish.

The constant promotion of it on BBC3 between American Dad and Family Guy is so desperate.
    The pathetic trailer tells you all you need to know about this embarrassment.
    Forum Member
    I just don't think this works as a post-watershed show. I've mentioned it before, take out all the swearing and anything inappropriate and stick it at teatime on BBC1 on a Saturday - it's bound to get more viewers and it'll be more suited there.
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will defend Badults to the death, but only because the gorgeous Emer Kenny is in it..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm Tom. I'm a ledge"
    "I fell off a ledge once"

Somebody was paid money to write that line. And it was considered good enough to feature in every preview of the show.

Just...how?
    Forum Member
    Slightly better episode but it's not as good as some of the other comedies that BBC3 have done, and there were only a few funny moments.
    Forum Member
    I will defend Badults to the death, but only because the gorgeous Emer Kenny is in it..

You're going to have to put up a reasonable argument ;)
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why that hasn't translated to the TV show then.

It's hard to translate comedy from live to tv. People would never believe how good at stand up John Bishop and Sarah Millican are just from tv.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭