Options

Luc Hemingway & Eddi Mckee Appreciation thread: LEDDIE! (P3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Sickhed
    I have had to come off the internet basically for next 3 weeks...no twitter no facebook no usa sites as i know cbs have now plastered rj everywhere. Which means u know who rj is & i still dont!!!!! Killer lol. Bet its haffner which is what my guess was to start with but ill have to wait & see....some People in uk are crying with anger as they didnt want to see who rj was yet & have found out anyway. I knew that epi 8 in the usa last week was the big one!!! so i came off the web sunday but it physically killing me not being able to go on. How sad is that lol its epi 6 next week. After ur great reaction on here about it im looking fwd to it..

Ok 3 weeks isnt that long.. I can do this. I really really wanna watch it the whole rj saga without knowing whats coming up but sooo hard. I actually know more on epi 9 than epis 6 7 8 lol i do. 8.
    l
  • Options
    superdoopersuperdooper Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The interview with Simon Harper didn't exactly fill me with confidence. Personally, I'd prefer to have well-developed characters and sharp dialogue rather than "spice", which to me always conjures up the idea that we're headed towards more soapy territory. I don't mind the odd element of soap (I wouldn't be watching Holby if I did!) but it has to be balanced with challenging medical stories and other threads to engage the interest. My worry is that we're going to be seeing more affairs, sensationalised stories and one-dimensional characters which work well for packing a punch but quickly lose their impact.

I'm not looking forward to Dominic coming back - I was never bothered by his character and wasn't particularly impressed by the actor. Hopefully with his return we'll get a bit more complexity. I am also concerned that they are going to change Digby's character too much. I would like to see more development with him, but still retaining the essential qualities that make him who he is. It would be nice to see him stand up for himself more and occasionally speak up (like he did in Malick's last episode) and emote more but I don't want him becoming more cold and bumbling, as I feel they have a tendency to sometimes overplay that.

I would love Frieda to return, partly because her exit last time felt so rushed (for understandable reasons). It would be great to see her reunite with Sacha, they always worked well together. I'm also glad they are keeping the prospect of Casualty cross-overs. I've actually stopped watching Casualty since I moved to London but I think it's good for fans of both shows to at least have the occasional cross-over. I am also glad that we might see a different side to Sacha so the interview isn't all bad.

And yes, good to see that JM is doing some sort of filming. I thought the court-room scene could be something like New Tricks or something completely different. It's good to know that he seems to be getting some kind of income though!

And there ends my long post :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sickhed - omg epi 6!!!
    ok so that was a vry good episode!!! U were right!!

& if i wasnt 100% sure on who rj was before this epi. I am NOW!! the sherriff!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it... him.. or haffner & its not ray so its def him!! I dont know if im relieved or bit disappointed that i know...more relieved cos i feel smug that i called him from season finale 5. Luv it when im right lol plus i wanted it to be him too so thats extra smugness. Just got to hope the rj ending is good too. Roll on epi 8.

mite go back online now. Lol.

New look? Weird...
  • Options
    Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, how are you all doing, done all your shopping and got your Christmas tree up yet?:)

@boddy
    Am still not quite used to the new look yet.:confused:

@superdooper,
    I am with you with the way Holby is going,I would rather have abit more realism, good quality plotlines and dialogue than more soap.
    I have a feeling that Dominic is going to be Digby's nemesis and maybe Zosia maybe Digby's friend to the rescue as she is quite upfront.

Guy Self seems to be in the more Campbell-Gore mould than Hanssen or Meyer type CEO. I am not quite sure what I make of him yet as its early days but he was sort of ok this week. I am not sure of his sidekick Colette yet, and will she be his potential 'love interest' in the 'will they or won't they' get together scenario. She seems to have a high opinion of herself in the Chrissie mould but without the affairs

Have a feeling that Edward's downfall is coming soon according to the spoilers.
    Turns out that he's an alcoholic
    I am glad that Sacha is having a more prominent role and I am wondering whats in store for him, I hope the writers stay faithful to his character.

Its great to see that JM has been filming all sorts of things, his agents are keeping him busy. His barrister role is in 'Law and Order UK' according to his twitter. I quite liked that programme, quite a few ex Casualty and ex Holby characters in that show. I have a feeling that he may be in a couple of episodes in the new series. It would be nice if he was in a regular quality drama but I guess he doesn't want to be tied down too long. His 'Dead of the Nite' film is being released on dvd for 7th January 2014.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Hey all hope ur all good

Maria I hope ur right about Frieda I loved her character even if it just 1 ep it will be good to see her again & to see what she did when she left holby as it was a fast exit. She got on very well with Michael and Sacha she might be able to bring them back together after chrissie staring their friendship.

I stopped watching casulty when Dillon left so if they do a cross over hopefully it will be older characters eg Big Mac, Charlie as then I will actually know them.

Am not keen on Guy , his accent annoys me and he seems very arrogant and controlling.

I don't want Dominic to come back he just orated me the first time he was on.

Omg when DS changed the look of the website I thought it was my Internet not loading it properly :/ lol

Maria I've bout my Xmas present online :D got something for my mum from notonthehighstreet.com it's a pretty good site.and no tree yet probably won't bither till Xmas eve. Wbu??

Dominic will defiantly have it in for digby as he was the one to prove he was lying

Oh will have to watch law and order when his ep is on. His pics are looking good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BODDY
    Not read what u wrote properly yet but do not go online yet. Will write more after work
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sickhed
    mmmmm... Well im not going to lie been waiting 5 yrs for rj to be exposed & it was very disapointing really could have been done so much more exciting & suspenful 1) i knew from epi 6 it was the sherriff even thou they said he was dead i just knewhe was rj. If the last 3 suspects had been him haffner & stiles then i would have been left in the dark till the very end but to have bertram & fat guy poss RJ... No no no... N.O

Also a 10min chat in a church in daylight was bit bland end setting & so many unanswered questions to still be found out. Jane might not want to know how he found outt the 7 suspects list but i did!! Lol. Livid & then they went for a jog around the park & thats it he strangles him its done ... Yes disappointing is the word....but its still one my fave show & cant wait to see jane free of rj saga gonna be more fun im sure.

I watch epi 9 online & that was a good epi with jane on the beach in a serong!! I dont like the new girl no no no she is just rubbish & got a massive forehead. Lol. i knew she was fbi the min she ask jane to dinner. I really hope they dont do a stupid luv triangle with her jane & lisbon. Lisbon is 200x better than her!...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased that JM's filming is for Law and Order, a good show for him to be part of even if it is a small part! It seems to me that SJP is maybe in LA at the moment as JM has posted about having sympathy jet lag insomnia and such like.

We have our Christmas tree up in our house and a few decorations as well. I have done a bit of Christmas shopping but obviously in London everywhere is reallllly busy! I managed last week to get to Stratford early and get presents for my housemates. Generally, I'm not good a knowing what to buy, plus I hate shopping so the whole experience is not my favourite thing! I'm looking forward to spending Christmas with my family though.

Thought Gemma's exit tonight, plus Michael's sort-of-exit were both very low key. Unfortunately, both have been underused so I wasn't that fussed to see them go. I haven't been that keen on Michael's character for a while which is a bit disappointing. I liked Sacha being a bit more forward in telling his true feelings and like his new role as Clinical Skills Teacher. I'm still not sure about Guy or Collete - can't work out if it's just a case of readjusting, or the scripting or the actors (I've never seen either of them in anything before). I do like that Mary-Claire is being given something to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't fully dressed the Christmas tree yet, my cousin is getting the star tomorrow. I have managed to tidy up the house and sort the food out now as I am off work for 2 weeks. I avoided central London for shopping and shopped locally.

Also, I managed to get some time on friday to see the Ballet 'The Nutcracker' at The London colisieum. It was magical, hilarous and the dancers performances were mesmerising. The costumes and production set were fabulous and colourful. The theatre itself is so spectacular in terms of architecture, its well worth a visit.

Also, I heard that JM is doing an episode of new US tv show 'Penny Dreadful'. Its a kind of pyschosexual horror drama. If you are into Frankenstein and Dracula kind of stories, you'll probably like this one. I am so pleased that he's got a good part in several episodes of of the espionage/thriller 24. This series has a big following on both sides of the Atlantic.:D I really liked that drama. Its kind of a US version of Spooks. No news on 'Repercussion' yet, I wish we had some solid news on that one.:confused:

Btw, does anyone get the feeling a leddi/millpotts wedding for real is imminent. IT was kind of hinted from the humourous instagram:)

With regards to this week's Holby

It was nice seeing Sacha being a strong character giving Michael his comeuppence. I found their scenes quite funny and they would have made a good double act.

I am having a much better understanding of Zosia now and I am feeling more sympathetic towards her character now. She is quite interesting and complex character.

With regards to Colette, I like her role as the head of nursing and she looks out for her nurses but for some reason I cannot quite put my finger on it, when she says her humourous quips, I don't find the actress very engaging or funny. She seems rather droll, and I am not sure if its the actress's delivery of her script or direction or what. Moreover, when Frieda, Chantelle and Eddi first came to Holby, their humourous banter got me engaged right from the beginning.

Gemma had the potential to be a great and engaging character, but the flaws of TPTB were pairing her with Harry and making her scatter here and there hiding her son on the wards on some episodes and she didn't get very interesting patient storylines. She wasn't given much to do right from the beginning.

At the end of the episode I was given the impression that Michael would be coming back in 3 months time which fitted in the storyline and his character. However, Hari Dhillon's DS press statement gave me the impression that it was more permanent than temporary, as suggested by Oliver Kent.

If Hari's departure is permanent, I will be sad as liked Michael's character very much but he was kind of underused recently. I really liked his sardonic sense of humour and his rapport with Frieda and Eddi, and how they used outsmart him.

I am still sitting on the fence with Guy Self. I am not sure what to make of him and Colette as a couple, it still seems platonic to me so far and they are just close working colleagues.

Sorry for the long post!:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BODDY
    you actually watched the ep before me as I missed 3 weeks :o but all caught up now and I was happy it was the sheriff as that's who I guessed and I like that I was right:D have to say I knew it wasn't going to be Bertram but when the sheriff I didn't recognise him without the uniform at first lol Yeah I wanted to know how RJ got the 7 suspects but I did like the bird trick Jane did the, to running was funny Jane grabbing some women's phone saying he's the police to just throw it lol have to say didn't expect him to strangle RJ as that is a very up close, personally and intense way to kill someone having them looking at you the whole time :( but when Jane was looking like he was going to shoot himself I thought what:confused: but then he rang Lisburn and left I was like ok soo how is the series going to continue. I did figure that Kim was playing Him but I like how he caught the drug dealer then kicked him :) I watched ep 10 not sure if u have yet or boot but it had some comical bits with the " you got me socks" at the end and Jane and chos first scene together made me laugh

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A LOVLY CHRISTMAS :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya Sickhed,:)

Had an enjoyable Christmas but I am so tired today. I just rested and watched tv. I feel like dismantling the tree and getting it over with now.
    Looking forward to Death at Pemberley tonight, the sequel to Pride and Prejudice. Watched Doctor Who which was a good episode.

With regards to Christmas holby episode. It was quite good this year but I definitely preferred the Ukraine episode more. I really felt sorry for Zosia and it was touching scenes with her and Digby, they make a good double act. I am really starting to like her character much more now. I felt so sorry for Serena as well, being humiliated by that sleaze Edward.
    I really found Mr T and Mo scenes quite funny, I was hoping that they would get together in this episode but alas this is Holby, they don't want couples to be happy as usual.
    Tbh, not feeling much of a positive vibe for Guy Self yet, I really miss the cool and witty Mr Hanssen at this time of year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Christmas everyone! I've had a quiet one myself - enjoying some time off work.

It seems from some mild fb stalking that JM and SJP are getting married earlyish in the new year and then SJP is going to LA with JM following later. It's not clear how long a trip it is!

Agree with your thoughts on the episode Maria. I like Zosia a bit more and Digby was thoughtful. I think Camilla is better at playing vulnerable than icy. I did like Mr T and thought it was quite a good episode overall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @superdooper,
    I too have a feeling that the wedding is happening fairly soon from the funny instragram with the shotgun ledding title. I thought it might be this weekend as people are still on holidays. JM is going to be filming some episodes of '24' series which is filmed in the US.

Has anyone seen ALP Vlogs from his keychain productions? Its quite funny to watch, they kind of mention leddi relationship in a tongue and cheek way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Happy Christmas everyone! Hope everyone's having a good time! Am glad for the break. Been rather run down so glad to have some time off.

@maria @superdooper
    Thanks for the info. Glad the wedding will be soon. :) Did JM not tweet awhile back about renting their house, was it for 3 months? Guess that's when they'll be both in the US. If Buster is going back to the US, then I'm assuming he'll have to get back before term starts so guess the wedding will be soon. Can you believe, it was only a year ago we were speculating whether they were a couple and now we are wondering when the wedding is going to be :D:D:D

@maria
    I watched the vlog. Thought it was hilarious. Looking forward to the short film. Regarding 24, I was confused at first because I thought the series had ended. Did some checking and realised that it's a new version of the old series called 24: Live Another Day. It's meant to be debuting summer 2014 so they'll be filming soon. Think JM is filming Penny Dreadful in January so he'll fly to the US after that. So does that mean they are not doing Repercussion? :cry: Was really looking forward to seeing them both together on screen. Hopefully we'll see them together on ALP's short film.

Enjoyed watching Dr Who & Death Comes to Pemberley. Looking forward to Sherlock & Marple. I enjoyed Holby this week, especially because they played my favourite Christmas song - Dominick the Donkey! I didn't realise others knew about it so I was very pleased to hear Sacha singing it! I'm starting to like Zosia and did feel for her. As for Jonny & Jac, I thought he could try and tone down the PDA with Bonnie considering Jac is having his baby & they were together till quite recently. As for Mo & Mr T, although I would have liked them to get together, if they had, most probably the writers would break them up somewhere down the line so maybe they are good as they are! As for Edward, is that the last we've seen of him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Ella,
    I know what you mean, I am so grateful for the break, I really needed it to rest.

I agree, who would have thought of these two, we were thrilled for a porridge o'clock leddi reunion this time last year and then we were buzzing at the NYE/NYD pics. I hope they release a few nuptial pics. It got to be soon surely.:D

With regards to the series '24', I thought the series was still on going, apparently he's in quite alot of episodes in that one.:) With Repercussion, like all British films, they have to get all their funding completed before they go into production. I do think the film will go ahead at some point once the finances have been sorted. JM will want do other acting projects rather than keep waiting for them at this point in time. I can kind of see JM splitting his time between LA and UK now like SJP does as he's acting in two US shows.

Death at Pemberley was pretty good. I do think the Colonel who likes Georgiana is dodgy though

With Holby, I can't see Edward lasting long at Holby, he may be in a few more episodes and that's it. I think Dominic is returning very soon to be Digby's nemesis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @maria
    If it's the 24 I'm thinking about, it ended in 2010. But they are doing the new series with the same lead actor - Kiefer Sutherland. Is that the one you were thinking about? I watched a few episodes of it. There's going to be 12 episodes in this new series. Oh that's good, if JM is in quite a few of them :)
    I do hope they do Repercussion at some point.
    Regarding Death Comes to Pemberley - the Colonel, isn't he the same one from the original? The one who is Georgiana's joint guardian with Darcy? Thought it a bit weird that he'd be now interested in her! He must be quite a few years older than her & surely being her guardian, it just doesn't seem right!! And didn't he fancy Elizabeth a bit? But I'm a bit annoyed because I actually liked his character in the original story & I hope they don't make him nasty in this!

Not looking forward to Dominic's return at all. I didn't like him the 1st time round & if he's going to become Digby's nemesis, then I'll most probably end up hating him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to hear from you Ella - looks like from the latest instagram that the wedding might be today!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Ella,
    I am abit behind with 24, didn't know about the new series, thanks for the update.
    With regards to Death comes to Pemberley, I never read the sequel to Pride and Prejudice, I wish I had. I don't remember the Colonel in Pride and Prejudice book though. He does seem mysterious though.

With Holby, Dominic is definitely going to be a thorn in Digby's side but I hope that Zosia can see through him and protect Digby as they are good friends although in a platonic way which I think suits them for now. I never liked Dominic but I suppose Holby have to have some sort of villain in the show.

@Superdooper,
    Aha, just saw the instagram.:) I was thinking its maybe tomorrow. It does look like something is happening. We may get a pic by tomorrow, hopefully.

Edit1: Just saw ALP tweet, he's honoured a short film to the happy couple, it seems the wedding is on New Year's Eve. Very fitting, that's when their journey really began maybe. For us, it probably started when they met on the Holby City Hospital roof! (Aptly called by many fans, leddi's roof).

Edit2: I may have interpretated it wrong, in that ALP may be releasing the short film on NYE's and the wedding could be today or tomorrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @superdooper
    Nice to hear from you too. Hope you are well! Did you go home for Christmas?

@maria @superdooper
    I'm confused!! Is the wedding today or on NYE or tomorrow?! ALP's tweet makes it sound as if it's on NYE which would be very romantic if that's when it all began a year ago. But the Instagram pic makes it sound like it is today!! It's very exciting & I hope we get to see a pic of the happy couple!

@maria
    The colonel, if it's the same one I think it is, was Darcy's cousin in the original story and visited their aunt Catherine together & that's where Elizabeth met him. He's the one who told her that Darcy saved Bingley from an unfortunate marriage. I read a few of the sequels (but not Death Comes to Pemberley) but was very disappointed as a lot of them seemed to concentrate on sex for the sake of it rather than the characters! For eg. one of them had Darcy running after the serving maids & I felt that was not his character at all!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Ella,
    I am just as confused as you are. I think its NYE now, SJP has just released another instapic with wedding week and she marries 'her best friend' on tuesday. I don't know why I feel so excited for them, they are just so adorable, funny and inspirational and upbeat about life in general.:D I can't till NYE now.

With regards to Death comes to Pemberley. Ahh I remember now. So, the sequels are not up to scratch then. I absolutely agree, there is no way Darcy would be playing around with the maids, he is much more restrained and a gentleman, and it does not fit in with his character. Despite his aloofness and quietness, he is rather chivalrous and an honourable person who would rescue a damsel in distress than take advantage of her.

EdiT: we are getting alot of hits on this thread today:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @maria
    Just saw the new pic. Yes it must be NYE. Ohhh how romantic! Really hope we get to see a pic of the happy couple. I think I'm finding this very exciting because I feel we were there even before it began & they became a couple in front of our eyes! I'm so glad they shared their pics with us as we have been able to follow their journey :)
    The Pride & Prejudice sequels, can't speak for all of them but the ones I read were dire & made me give up reading them. And that's why I never read Death Comes to Pemberley, even though I saw it at a bookshop. Maybe after I've seen all 3 programmes, I might read it!
    You are right about a lot of posts today! Speaking for myself, it's a combination of having a bit of free time & the impending wedding :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like the wedding is on New Year's Eve then - an excellent choice and seems to fit with what we thought that they first got together at that time. I liked the comment someone else made about them being kind enough to share some of their lives with the fans. I'm also excited for them as well. I still can't quite believe it.

I was fortunate to get a decent amount of time off so I have been at home which has been nice. I've enjoyed being in London but it's nice to be somewhere quieter and the air smells fresher!

I've also been watching Death Comes to Pemberley and enjoyed it so far, although I've never read the book. Otherwise I've just been mainly watching films!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hiiii. Hope everyone had a nice christmas!!! I watched hc on xmas eve so glad that edward gone didnt like him at all!!! I know some of you watched death in paradise on bbc1 so just to let u know a new series is back in january!!

Sickhed
    i havent watched tm epi 10 in full but have seen clips. The plane scene is one which i thought was great & its about bloody time lisbon told him off he does takes her for granted!! been waiting 3 series for her to tell him that!!! & the socks scene at the end was Very sweet. Im Loving the new mentslist feels like a new show & im counting the days when its back on uk tv in feb!! For now i have to watch online clips or epis but gonna try hold out till feb for it to start again.... or only watch the good epis/clips coming up!! Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just relaxing at home as well and watching tv and catching up with distant friends etc. I quite liked Death Comes to Pemberley overall. It was an unusual conclusion with a different suspect. I didn't quite get Col Fitzwilliam role in the story and what his motives were.

I will be checking out Sherlock on NYD as well.

@Boddy,
    Oh great, I am so glad 'Death in Paradise' will be back in the new year. I will look out for that one.
    I really got engaged in the last series and thought it was an entertaining watch. I really liked the awkward and funny rapport of DI Richard Poole and Camille. I was hoping that they would get together in the new series. Let see what happens.

With the storms re-occurring, I hope everyone will ok in their respective homes. I hope luck will be kind to JM and SJP and the weather holds out on their big day on NYE.

Enjoy your break everyone.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @boddy
    Thanks for the info about Death in Paradise. Looking forward to it, especially the sunny scenery which brightens up winter for me!!

@maria
    I enjoyed Death Comes to Pemberley. I think I might get the book. I know what you mean about the colonel. I'm still a bit annoyed they changed his character from the original. I read an online review of the book & they said he had had a personality change! I don't know why they needed to involve him in a sort of love triangle with Georgiana. I think they were trying to say that he was more concerned about their reputation so he was willing to deal with Mrs Younge regarding the baby. But I really didn't see why he was needed at all. Because I just can't see the original colonel falling for a girl for who he is a guardian, I just didn't find him credible.

It was lovely weather today so hope it's the same for the wedding!!