Options

Huw Stephens replaces Annie Mac !

iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Only 3 weeks after Annie Mac took over Zane Lowes show Huw Stephens is taking over from Annie from Monday march 30 while she goes on a round the world tour ! what was the point of giving the show to Annie when she doesn't have the time to do it anyway? !

PS while Huw is doing Annies show for several weeks Phil Taggart will be doing Huws show .B Traits is doing Annies Friday night show from april 3

Comments

• Options
    nikobatallonesnikobatallones Posts: 4,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the world tour was slotted in before she was given Zane's show? Zane's departure was pretty sudden in itself.
  • Options
    iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect so
  • Options
    TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was this published?
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,851
    Forum Member
  • Options
    thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    DRAMA! DRAMA! or not...

Hardly "replacing" her is he? it should be Huw sits in for Annie.... as normally when people can not do the show thier meant to do. and im sure Annie and the BBC bosses would of discussed her schedule before giving her the slot....

so, move along people, nothing to see here......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thelockup wrote: »
    DRAMA! DRAMA! or not...

Hardly "replacing" her is he? it should be Huw sits in for Annie.... as normally when people can not do the show thier meant to do. and im sure Annie and the BBC bosses would of discussed her schedule before giving her the slot....

so, move along people, nothing to see here......

It's odd.

Personally, I think Huw Stephens is more suited to that slot anyway.
  • Options
    nikobatallonesnikobatallones Posts: 4,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's odd.

Personally, I think Huw Stephens is more suited to that slot anyway.
    I mentioned this in another thread -- I think Huw is good on his slot, and Annie on hers. She's the gatekeeper, for those just starting out, while Huw's for those predisposed to the underground; he can get weirder on his late night slot.
  • Options
    merrim01merrim01 Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they would have given Huw Zane's slot if he hadn't just been given the late night slot. Huw will be good cover anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    merrim01 wrote: »
    I think they would have given Huw Zane's slot if he hadn't just been given the late night slot. Huw will be good cover anyway.

For me Annie Nightingale's show still blows them all out of the water.
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    It would have made more sense for Huw to present it for an extended interiim period when Zane left and then launch Annie when she returned.
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TUC wrote: »
    It would have made more sense for Huw to present it for an extended interiim period when Zane left and then launch Annie when she returned.

True that.

Annie is off for 3 weeks to do her AMP Lost and Found Festival (finished), then tour America (half way). She has had two weeks off, so there is one week left. Maybe one or two days more though considering her last gig in America is next Sunday.