The Freeview Changelog

Comments

• walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin1960 wrote: »
    The EPG on my Freeview box is showing Wimbledon tennis on 302 for next Monday (as well as on 301) :)

And on EPG 303 (Freeview HD/YouView) from Monday 11.30am in HD:D
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arq A is now carrying 13 video streams (until price-drop goes off at 0200)

302 has a 192kbps main audio channel, the same as 301.

Correction: (until Dave goes off at 0300)
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arq A is now carrying 13 video streams (until price-drop goes off at 0200)

302 has a 192kbps main audio channel, the same as 301.

The "12th stream" adult channel Party only runs from midnight to 7am and, if I remember correctly, runs at a restricted bitrate. So it only has 13 streams running from midnight to 2am, assuming BBC RB 302 has a video stream during those hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I ask a question (I assume this is the correct place)

According to the UKDrama posts this channel will take up channel 20 does that mean that GOLD will disappear or will it bump to 25 where Dave Ja Vue is?
  • walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

According to the UKDrama posts this channel will take up channel 20 does that mean that GOLD will disappear or will it bump to 25 where Dave Ja Vue is?

It also says in the UKTv Drama website that they will be on channel 20 on Freeview. No mention of Sky epg number..yet...& it does look like GOLD will move to channel 25
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually no, this would have been the right place, for future reference this thread is solely for logging changes that have actually happened and been confirmed.
  • Jameseh.Jameseh. Posts: 108
    Forum Member

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Correction: (until Dave goes off at 0300)

I surmise that BLUE (0400-0500) is also on the DAVE band
    especially since REALLY became 24hr a while ago. This being so then the 7hrs of ADULT PARTY is greatly on its own save for the 3 'spare' hours on DAVE & BLUE ?
    Plus I assume that 302 RB is virtually 24hr if the EPG is anything to go by?
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cyclips wrote: »
    I surmise that BLUE (0400-0500) is also on the DAVE band
    especially since REALLY became 24hr a while ago. This being so then the 7hrs of ADULT PARTY is greatly on its own save for the 3 'spare' hours on DAVE & BLUE ?
    Plus I assume that 302 RB is virtually 24hr if the EPG is anything to go by?

Really is showing "No information" between 4am and 7am all this week, so no it isn't a 24 hour channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kjhskj75 wrote: »
    Really is showing "No information" between 4am and 7am all this week, so no it isn't a 24 hour channel.

Really has been running 24/7 on satellite and cable with programmes between 4am and 7am. The channel remains off air on freeview during these hours.

Further to cyclips comments: technically, streams on this multiplex aren't shared, they are unique to each service and turned on and off as required. The legacy "timeshare" for Blue has been with Really, and NOT with Dave. (The Dave stream's legacy timeshare was with the Big Deal channel, before it switched multiplex to operate 24/7 as Movie Mix).
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three new LCNs have appeared on ARQ B this morning:

57: BT Sport - showing promo video
    58: BT Sport 1 - no audio, video or MHEG stream yet
    59: BT Sport 2 - no audio, video or MHEG stream yet

Source: direct observation from Winter Hill
    Further discussion on another thread please: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1845029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greebo wrote: »
    Three new LCNs have appeared on ARQ B this morning:

57: BT Sport - showing promo video
    58: BT Sport 1 - no audio, video or MHEG stream yet
    59: BT Sport 2 - no audio, video or MHEG stream yet

Further discussion on another thread please: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1845029

Channels 58 and 59 are currently only listed in the network information table, the programme map tables, audio, video streams etc will be added later. (Interesting that they are using 3 streams.)
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    I suspect one will be used for promos when the other two go live and encrypted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    I suspect one will be used for promos when the other two go live and encrypted.

Which would mean, 13 tv streams, 8 radio streams and an extra MHEG data stream for the 4 IPTV channels... it's getting very crowded on Arqiva B.
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOLD on LCN20 is now carrying a caption to retune after midday on July 4th with GOLD moving to LCN26 , Home to LCN54 and Drama starting on July 8th on LCN20.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PMT and video, audio, audio description and MHEG data streams now added for channels 58 and 59. Arqiva B is now operating with 13 TV channels and 9 radio channels.
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    GOLD on LCN20 is now carrying a caption to retune after midday on July 4th with GOLD moving to LCN26 , Home to LCN54 and Drama starting on July 8th on LCN20.

Seems kinda pointless to retune on the 4th, unless you pay to watch that channel just retune on the 8th.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems kinda pointless to retune on the 4th, unless you pay to watch that channel just retune on the 8th.

But if you retune on the 4th there no need to retune on the 8th.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drama has now appeared on LCN 20 on the SDN Multiplex (no video yet, but does have PMT/PCR values)
    Source : Direct observation Waltham transmitter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LCN 20 is now Drama - changed just before 10am this morning.
    G.O.L.D. is now on LCN 26
    HOME is now on LCN 54

Source: Direct observation from Winter Hill
    Further discussion in another thread please: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1822875&page=8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just done a retune and I notice I have LCN308 which says "If you can see this on 302, please retune..."
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    Just done a retune and I notice I have LCN308 which says "If you can see this on 302, please retune..."
    That has been there for a long time and has been much discussed here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I obviously didn't search back far enough :-(
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LCN 20 Drama is now on air on freeview showing teleshopping (2am-8am) then its TV shows will start broadcasting @ 8am.Hours (5am-2am)

LCN 25 has new hours (2am-5am.) And has onscreen text saying.

Dave ja ve is no longer available full time on freeview.Rest assured all your favourite shows can still be found on Dave (channel 12)

The new channel for Drama lovers is available now on channel 20-you may need to retune your box or digital TV

The Bill is the first TV show on this new channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC RB 302 now removed from ARQA
    308 has now reverted to being 302 on BBCA

Further discussion here please: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1798321&page=11