Options

Unpopular opinions you may hold...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think Tom Cruise is straight and one of the greatest actors of my generation.

i'm not being sarcastic either

Sleek
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I think Marilyn Manson is sexy...:o

And I'm not even one of those gothic rocker types...I am a bit normal...
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a thread!!! :)

I like football, but think Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are rubbish and highly overrated.

I'm a big fan of Victoria Beckham

I also quite like Jordan :o

Also love the fact that Take That have a second wave of success without Robbie.

I hate Chris Moyles and Scott Mills.

I don't like Paul Mccarthey

I hate all soaps

I am a fan of the royal family

Kate moss is overrated - and a bit of a muppet.

Lost is a load of rubbish, as is Dr Who.

i think Parkinson became a grumpy old man

I adore Clive Owen, Simon Cowell, and Gordon Ramsey

I love Ant, but hate Dec

I completety agree with binge drinking

and the no smoking ban makes smoking more fun cos its more social!

feeling good :)
    That would explain a few things
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elvis is the most overrated artist of all time.
    Ben Fogle is cute:o
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Little Britain season three.. and find Penny Smith hilarious.

:D
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike football too. I find it boring. How can anyone sit there and watch it for 90 minutes without wanting to slash their wrists?
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    Catherine Tate is the worst addition to Dr Who since Bonnie Langford :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    • I dislike football with a passion, it's boring beyond belief. It irks me that these overpaid & under-educated men get so much TV time/press coverage:rolleyes:.

• I think the McCanns were selfish to leave Madeline & siblings alone so as not to curtail their enjoyment of the evening - don't have kids if you cannot be bothered to look after them. I only hope that the little one didn't suffer or by some miracle is alive & being looked after well:(.

• I like Jordan - She's shrewd, seems ok, is no worse than some of the people I've come across over the years & she makes no apologies for who she is.

• John Barrowman irritates the living daylights out of me. So many people seem to love him & I just don't get it. As soon as I see/hear him on the TV I have to turn over....Just seeing his picture makes me cringe.

• Whilst he was a good entertainer, I think Elvis is overrated.

• I can't stand Chris Moyles & don't think he is remotely funny.

• Wasn't keen on them before, but I'm loving the reformed Take That - though I still don't like Gary Barlow.

• I think Russell Brand is strangely attractive - He isn't as scrawny as I first thought, & if the opportunity arose....I definitely would;):o

• Al Murray - The Pub Landlord....Not funny, not clever.

• Dr Who - A load of pants.

• Torchwood - An even bigger load of pants.

• I love the smoking ban:D.

• Penny Smith on GMTV makes me want to hurl a brick at the TV. Her lame jokes grate on my nerves:yawn:.

• I like Becks - he seems nice enough, his voice amuses me & he's a good looking fellow.

• I don't like Posh's public persona...she comes across as completely vacant. Also she used to be attractive & IMO still has a nice face, but figure wise her chest resembles two grapes on a cocktail stick. Sometimes she looks frighteningly ill.

• I think Gordon Ramsay is attractive - esp when riled up/angry.

• Katie Melua - Like 1 or two of her songs but don't like her whiny little girl voice - it's irritating.

• I think Abortion is wrong - even moreso since I have had the misfortune to see what the procedure actually entails. However I don't think you can tell an adult what is best for their own life. They will have to live with the consequences of such a choice as well as their conscience.

• I don't like Heather Mills, but I don't like Paul McCartney either:eek: - Dance Tonight is just one example of his (IMO) dire music.

• I think Jeremy Kyle is a complete wiener - how he still has a show I don't know.

• I think Brussel Sprouts are the most disgusting thing you can put in your mouth.

• I think Tom Cruise is creepy & if stories are to be believed...very controlling too.

• I think Jonathan Ross is overpaid. He has the odd funny moment, but on the whole no where near worth the millions he's being given.

....And breathe....:D
  • Options
    LadyFluffLadyFluff Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    I don't just like Penny Smith, but I quite fancy her as well! :eek:
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Fiona Phillips isn't that irritating.

Kerry Katona is no longer that irritating.

Carol Vorderman, on the other hand, is irritating. (This might not be such an unpopular opinion).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CutlersGal wrote: »
    • I think the McCanns were selfish to leave Madeline & siblings alone so as not to curtail their enjoyment of the evening - don't have kids if you cannot be bothered to look after them. I only hope that the little one didn't suffer or by some miracle is alive & being looked after well:(.

D

In what imaginable world (except perhaps at a Quaker meeting) is that an unpopular view? The DS forums alone contain what must by now be several hundred posts saying exactly that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people who post/camp out in a depreciation to talk about that very same person they apparently dislike are incredibly sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what imaginable world (except perhaps at a Quaker meeting) is that an unpopular view? The DS forums alone contain what must by now be several hundred posts saying exactly that.
    Well, I didn't know that.
    Next time I'll check the media & calculate a percentage based on the range of views & dertermine whether my opinion actually qualifies as unpopular...........not:p I don't spend all my days on forums & read every thread or newspaper article going....unfortunately my life gets in the way:rolleyes::p:)

Are you the DS police? FFS:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beatles are fine for their time. But now when compared to a lot of bands out there, they just seem to be less talented than most Metal musicians I know of. Take Jeff Waters from Annihilator for instance he could play every member under the table when on a Guitar. His skill is better than everyone in The Beatles, and Jeff is only for starters. Alex Skolnick is another wizard on the strings. Trey Azagthoth is yet another. I could go on and on pointing out the more talented musicians. Yes indeed The Beatles are WAY OVERRATED in terms of talent [back in the day they might have been GODS but not now]. And Chuck Norris says so as well, so dont argue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CutlersGal wrote: »
    Well, I didn't know that.
    Next time I'll check the media & calculate a percentage based on the range of views & dertermine whether my opinion actually qualifies as unpopular...........not:p I don't spend all my days on forums & read every thread or newspaper article going....unfortunately my life gets in the way:rolleyes::p:)

Are you the DS police? FFS:rolleyes:

No, not at all. But I promise you that showing any sympathy and compassion towards the McCann parents puts you into a much-abused minority. Possibly not the best topic to stick into the middle of a light-hearted thread; on the other hand you may argue that I should have let it go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I have sympathy for the McCanns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Geri Helliwell's kid looks worried to death - and with a mother like hers, who can blame her?!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    I have sympathy for the McCanns.

:) Better stick to the Showbiz forum...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :) Better stick to the Showbiz forum...

Probably best!!!! I'll leave the Ken Livingstone/Boris Johnson one out then!!!!

Er, I still like Kylie's face - despite the botox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not at all. But I promise you that showing any sympathy and compassion towards the McCann parents puts you into a much-abused minority. Possibly not the best topic to stick into the middle of a light-hearted thread; on the other hand you may argue that I should have let it go.
    I see now, that it has been mentioned on this thread before, but also there are a mixture of more serious & light-hearted views - I'm not having a paddy about any of them. Just to be clear, I didn't say anything about sympathy either way....just that they were selfish. For the record, it's Maddie I feel for most...she's the important one & I hope by some stroke of luck she is found.

Also, I wouldn't (well I try not to) abuse another FM/person solely because their opinion is quite the opposite to mine, it makes for interesting debates & everyone has a right to be heard on a public forum. ;)
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    Carol Vorderman, on the other hand, is irritating. (This might not be such an unpopular opinion).
    On the whole I like CV, but it does irritate me when I see celebs (Carol included) who are far from the bread-line but promoting loans...the 'consolidate your debt into one easy payment' type ads:rolleyes::)...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    - I think people need to lay off Heather Mills. She has done nothing wrong and though she may seem a tiny bit off I just think it's down to her 'quirky' character. I fell that she gets so much hatred towards her because she is a woman. She seems like a nice person.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SophiaL wrote: »
    - I think people need to lay off Heather Mills. She has done nothing wrong and though she may seem a tiny bit off I just think it's down to her 'quirky' character. I fell that she gets so much hatred towards her because she is a woman. She seems like a nice person.
    You HAVE to be joking?:eek:
  • Options
    pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Fern Britton.

I don't think Victoria Beckham is unattractive as people make out

I find Linsay Lohan sexy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    - I quite like Jordon/Katie Price - simply as she is a clever businesswoman

- I dislike most if not all footballers

- I detest all of girls aloud

- I think Kate Moss is ugly

- I have an unhealthy obsession to Dermot O'Leary
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maury is my guilty pleasure

Despise Cheryl Tweedy and Ashley Cole

Prefer Britney's music now than 5 years ago, Everytime worst single EVER!!!!!!

Obsessed with Christina Aguilera and her music since i was 10.

Avid BB watcher, don't know why, comes on everyday so when it's on, can't help but get hooked.

Cannot stand BGT and X-factor, sob story ridden. Entertainment should just be that, no need to know about their sob stories maybe we would care after they win the show or something.