Options

The judges are under marking Austin - why??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much preferred Christine's Cha Cha - I thought Austin was over-marked

Christine's mark was about right. I thought the judges were doing a good job until they came to the last three who were all overmarked imo.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Thought his score was fair but he should have been higher than lisa how much gapping!!!!! Still his marks were fair
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he is being under marked. Even his best dances don't flow. There is a slightly stilted element. I like him but am disappointed by his lack of progress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's been quite overmarked in the latin, the only really good latin he's done is the Jive.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was overmarked TBH. It seemed more like a show dance than a cha cha to me. :o
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I thought he was overmarked. He didn't move above his ankles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's been quite overmarked in the latin, the only really good latin he's done is the Jive.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't think he's that great at latin.

I thought that Austin's dance tonight was his worst. To me at the start it looked like he completely forgot what he was doing. Also, the choice of music wasn't great - I didn't think it was very Cha Cha (I wonder sometimes about Erin's sense of humour ;)).
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed Austin's dance - it was fun & I didn't think it was overmarked. I thought Rachel's dance was way overmarked - very tedious & boring.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vodachick wrote: »
    Tonight, he was worth much better scores, surely......

You are pulling our legs right? Like his attempt at cha-cha, but he got a fair score.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No way!!! His Cha Cha was a complete car crash and I couldn't believe the marks and comments from the judges (even CRH). There was one very obvious misstep that I saw even from watching from the TV so how they didn't see it in the studio I don't know. His head wasn't up but forever staring over at Erin in an effort to keep time with her. And as for dancing to gay club classic It's Raining Men
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mamaboogie wrote: »
    I think Austin is great - but IMO he was OVERmarked tonight.

Didn't like his Cha Cha Cha at all.

Yep agreeing with you as ever Mama :)

I was expecting a 7 and three 8's.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    I thought he deserved credit for better "arms" disagreed with Arlene. His latin has been improving.

marking by the judges now a complete farce IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tawny wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Austin's dance - it was fun & I didn't think it was overmarked. I thought Rachel's dance was way overmarked - very tedious & boring.

I am with you Tawny - it was fun! Rachel and Vincent's was a lovely dance but not 40!

Fun seems to be missing this series IMO; it seems to have got incredibly serious very early on I thought that came a lot later in other series! I might be wrong though:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris1347 wrote: »
    I am with you Tawny - it was fun! Rachel and Vincent's was a lovely dance but not 40!

Fun seems to be missing this series IMO; it seems to have got incredibly serious very early on I thought that came a lot later in other series! I might be wrong though:rolleyes:

I think it's easier to have fun with a Cha Cha than a Foxtrot which is a more technical dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I thought his marks were reasonable - but most of the others were way overmarked.

I think his dancing is a better standard than the others ... and I am not an Austin fan.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was he?:confused:
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    I think it's easier to have fun with a Cha Cha than a Foxtrot which is a more technical dance.

Particularly a cha-cha to It's Raining Men.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the Cha tonight was poor from the routine to the way Austin danced it was worth no more as a Cha than Christines
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I dont think he was undermarked but he is usually overmarked and this week he wasnt. I thnk this is because he has been the top dancer from the start so in a couple of weeks they will make him top of the leaderboard again so they can say he has been on a 2 "journey".
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    Daisy_M wrote: »
    I think he's been quite overmarked in the latin, the only really good latin he's done is the Jive.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't think he's that great at latin.

I thought that Austin's dance tonight was his worst. To me at the start it looked like he completely forgot what he was doing. Also, the choice of music wasn't great - I didn't think it was very Cha Cha (I wonder sometimes about Erin's sense of humour ;)).

I thought the same tonight. Several times I thought he had lost his step. Then when I saw the scores I it was because I was on the phone at the time (someone phoned me not happy don't like to miss things) and not paid the right amount of attention. He looked confused at times maybe he didn't like his own singing!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    His jive has been the only good latin!! He was overmarked! The coreography wasn't very good there were massive pauses before each big bit in the song. He was very sharp or slick. I wouldn't say Chrisitne's was better but Austin's definitely was not good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because little Rachel is their favourite and they have chosen her to win :mad:

But they've already chosen Cherie, Tom and Austin... oh well let's add another one, makes for a better conspiracy theory.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_M wrote: »

I thought the same tonight. Several times I thought he had lost his step. Then when I saw the scores I it was because I was on the phone at the time (someone phoned me not happy don't like to miss things) and not paid the right amount of attention. He looked confused at times maybe he didn't like his own singing!!

I agree with all the comments and couldn't believe the scores. This is from a purely dance perspective - I love Austin and the programme wouldn't be the same without his quips:D but fair's fair - the dance was on a par with Christine's.

I suspect the Salsa will be similarly dodgy but Tom will probably get the rumba the same week - dancing hell on earth for boys!
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    The problem with last night was that the choreography didn't flow. Transitions were poor.

The music demanded big punctuation points but they just didn't come but neither did it seem to progress very smoothly.

It was neither fish nor fowl to me. Also I can't help seeing stiff arms and shoulders now. I'm looking for them and I begin to see them even if he improves...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is Tom who is overmarked not Austin

The judges want a rachel/tom final remember. Even tho christine is polling more votes than rachel, so Tom will win.

Game over