UBB is not long enough

chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
Forum Member
BB11 should have been nine weeks long then they could have prolonged UBB to four weeks.

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    UBB should never have happened at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UBB should have happened, it should have been longer, but it should have been for genuine BB legends only. So no Preston, Ulrika, Josie, Vanessa or Coolio. Michelle and Chantelle are borderline. Should have been an eviction every other day, vote to save.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Up until last week, I'd have said evict Ulrika, and then lock the doors and keep them all in there. Have a twice weekly show, and they can entertain me forever more.

But following Nadia's eviction, I'm now feeling they should draw it to a close, with as much affection as possible. I have a rank nasty taste in my mouth, and am quite upset that Nadia is so upset with what's happened. Coolio and Ulrika were bad choices.

The opportunity for BB and Davina to have a dignified exist has gone, sadly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    UBB should have happened, it should have been longer, but it should have been for genuine BB legends only. So no Preston, Ulrika, Josie, Vanessa or Coolio. Michelle and Chantelle are borderline. Should have been an eviction every other day, vote to save.

A vote to save! Exactly. Top idea.
  • ToricoTorico Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come off it, even the mediocre tasks can't save this bore fest.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macjules wrote: »
    Up until last week, I'd have said evict Ulrika, and then lock the doors and keep them all in there. Have a twice weekly show, and they can entertain me forever more.

But following Nadia's eviction, I'm now feeling they should draw it to a close, with as much affection as possible. I have a rank nasty taste in my mouth, and am quite upset that Nadia is so upset with what's happened. Coolio and Ulrika were bad choices.

The opportunity for BB and Davina to have a dignified exist has gone, sadly.

Sadly I agree with you......:(
  • bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreed (not long enough)
    it is apparent though that it was a simple vehicle to get the BB11 winner to win so the shorter the better as the fans that tagged along would not have to time to re-engage with the characters they loved before.

so the producers could pat themselves on the back and claim BB11 was the best ever show. This was obviously why they manipulated it over the closing weeks for Josie to win, as they thought she was the only "character" that stood a chance against the bigger BB legends. (fortunately they were wrong)

The Real UBB should be all the winners (or those willing) and 1 other memorable housemate from each series.
    In the case of a winner refusing the opportunity then the runner-up should take their place.
    and should have run for at least 8 weeks with (as above) vote to save evictions.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UBB is just CBB with some BB celebrities thrown in, there is nothing 'ultimate' about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

It should have happened, but not with the housemates they've chosen. Did they seriously think that these people would be the same people they were 10 years ago? Nick is the best example of this. I would've brought in people from the more recent big brothers because they are the people that the public would remember the most, and there is more of a chance that they haven't changed since their original run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member

Agree with you. All the winners of the 11 series should have been invited to take part.
    I'd also include Chantelle because she won CBB as a non celeb.

They then could also have have a fans internet vote of all all the other hm's to determine a set number of additional places in the house.

Unfortunately the producers know best. :rolleyes:
  • bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with you. All the winners of the 11 series should have been invited to take part.
    I'd also include Chantelle because she won CBB as a non celeb.

They then could also have have a fans internet vote of all all the other hm's to determine a set number of additional places in the house.

Unfortunately the producers know best. :rolleyes:
    that would've also raised the profile of the show, with people touting for votes/campaigning for their favourite to go in with maybe the top 2-3 going into the house.
  • StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should've replaced BB11 and had a proper 3 month UBB so we could see more classic HM's in the house.

BB11 was dull as hell.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB11 should have been nine weeks long then they could have prolonged UBB to four weeks.

BB should have finished when Josie won.These so called celebs are soooooo boring, spoilt, and over indulged. It's like a club for sad old luvies.:(
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stardog wrote: »
    They should've replaced BB11 and had a proper 3 month UBB so we could see more classic HM's in the house.

BB11 was dull as hell.

I agree with this, but only having former BB contestants, not CBB. When I heard about UBB it didn't cross my mind that any CBB contestants would be going in, especially the drivel we've got now.

And former housemates that were actually ultimate!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stardog wrote: »

BB11 was dull as hell.
    Yeah, a proper 3 month champion of champions series would have been a true Ultimate Big Brother. All we have here is a half-baked CBB series with a few BB stars thrown in.

Agree completely. The CBB faction are wasting places that could have been given to true BB legends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

I agree to some extent. I think UBB should never have happened so close after BB11. I think UBB should not have had as many celebrity BB contestants, they aren't what made BB successful all those years ago.

For me it was a great concept but the sadly the producers couldn't even get this right.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jas259 wrote: »

For me it was a great concept but the sadly the producers couldn't even get this right.

I wholeheartedly agree.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It already feels like it's been on longer than BB11 :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    scarlett09 wrote: »
    It already feels like it's been on longer than BB11 :yawn:

Tell me about it!