A legendary BBC1 line up for Saturday?

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
Forum Member
✭✭✭
BBC One19 November 1977
0850Bagpuss
0905Gymnast David Vine and Nik Stuart continue a series of eight programmes. 7: 'Asymmetric Bars'.
0930Multi-Coloured Swap Shop
1213Weather Michael Fish.
1215Grandstand
1710The Tom and Jerry Show
1725News Followed by Weatherman.
1735Sport/Regional News
1740The Basil Brush Show Introduced by Howard Williams. Special guests - Alvin Stardust, Liverpool Express, with Gail Playfair, Pearl-Ann Turner.
1810Dr Who 'Image of the Fendahl'. Part 4.
1835Bruce Forsyth and the Generation Game
1930The Duchess of Duke Street 12: 'The Legion of the Living'.
2020The Two Ronnies With guests The Nolan Sisters.
2105Starsky and Hutch 'The Crying Child'.
2155News With Kenneth Kendall. Followed by Weather.
2205Match of the Day
2305Parkinson
0005Weatherman
0007Closedown

Comments

• DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, those were the days.

"Mummy, what's an ITV?" :D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I want to watch them all!
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Great stuff. Used to watch swap shop as an adult too. Tom and Jerry yeahhhh. Whos the howard bloke with Basil, forgotten about him. Basil was funny in those days. Great line up
  • INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only Bagpuss, the Two Ronnies & Doctor Who on this list warrant the epithet Legendary. Put 5 hours of sport on today they're be a riot. Don't get me wrong i'm old enough to remember watching this schedule & throughly enjoying it, 33 years ago.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    INSOMNIA56 wrote: »
    only Bagpuss, the Two Ronnies & Doctor Who on this list warrant the epithet Legendary. Put 5 hours of sport on today they're be a riot. Don't get me wrong i'm old enough to remember watching this schedule & throughly enjoying it, 33 years ago.

Likewise, apart from the David Vine games teacherish programme first thing, everything else would be watchable. These were the days when BBC1 blew ITV out the water on Saturdays and when the peak time BBC1 schedule attracted 20 million viewers.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that must have been the last of Bruce Generation Game series as he moved to ITV in 78 with the ill fated Big Night. Curiously Generation Game did not die with his passing-Larry Grayson swept all before him for two or three years and if you add in Jimll Fix it and All Great and Small and Paul Daniels the BBC's domination of Autumn/Winter season Saturday nights continued right up until 1980.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    INSOMNIA56 wrote: »

They did and there wasn't.;)