Options

Kylie was dropped from Parlophone

Ellie_ArbuckleEllie_Arbuckle Posts: 548
Forum Member
✭✭
So one of the Parlophone execs has just been discussing ageism in music over on BBC Radio Two and it seems Kylie was dropped, she didn't leave of her own accord.

What a sad state of affairs.

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they dropped her because she was losing them money?
    I doubt Kiss Me Once broke the bank for Parlophone

Just a guess
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    She left parlophone of her own accord last September it was only announced after the tour along with her deciding not to resign with roc nation to but I can confirm 100% and it's already been confirmed by a few others she was not dropped. She still might release her next album with them the doors still open she's recording what she likes at this moment in her own time and she is definitely renergised.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is only one reason the op is posting this...and it isn't to do with ageism in the music business.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well of course she was dropped. 90% of 'I've decided to part ways with my label' cases are in fact that they've been well and truly dropped on their arses
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What radio show was this? I can't find anything in the Radio 2 schedule that suggests an interview with a music industry executive today :confused:
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    We all know her contract with them came to and end. Perhaps the exec was simply saying that they didn't offer to resign her. I don't think she would have resigned with them anyway since she has been recording stuff without Parlos involvement for the last few years (Skirt and the Garibay EP for example)

Either way, she certainly wasn't dropped. She came to the end of her contract. The Kiss Me Once Live album was the last release she owed them.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Well of course she was dropped. 90% of 'I've decided to part ways with my label' cases are in fact that they've been well and truly dropped on their arses

Lots of artists walk away from record companies. Diana Vickers left RCA because she wasn't ready to put out the material they wanted. I can think of other examples but sadly when most artists walk away from a record label their former label can ban them from releasing material for years and years. That's the downfall of quitting on your own terms.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie was clearly dropped/not resigned. Kiss Me Once underperformed and I'm sure those Pharrell, Sia and Wayne Hector compositions did not come cheap. Unfortunately, she's got to the stage like Madonna where she is living past glories and that's why her tours will always do well. But the people who benefit from that the most are management.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol so transparent, stop making things up.

She was not dropped. She fulfilled her contract with Parlophone and chose not to renew it. Parlophone is still open to her and she's apparently met with other labels too. She wanted to leave Parlophone originally after how they handled Aphrodite but they convinced her to stay. She's also dropped Roc Nation as her management company.

Kylie was "dropped" from Parlophone like Madonna was "dropped" from Warner except you know they both weren't.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why Madonna is being brought into this? Madonna left Warner because she just signed the biggest touring deal in history with Live Nation and it worked out cheaper for her to just use Interscope instead of Warner as a distributer of new music.

Biggest mistake she ever did but her manager Guy knows how to make her money so who are we to say what she does.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why Madonna is being brought into this? Madonna left Warner because she just signed the biggest touring deal in history with Live Nation and it worked out cheaper for her to just use Interscope instead of Warner as a distributer of new music.

Biggest mistake she ever did but her manager Guy knows how to make her money so who are we to say what she does.
    I brought madonna into it because the OP is a madonna fan obsessed with slagging off kylie. And I thought the kylie fan that was slagging off madonna couple weeks ago was bad.

Of course Madge wasn't dropped.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,809
    Administrator
    This thread is being closed due to the OP posting information without following through or providing proof / a substantial source.
This discussion has been closed.