Options

Time to scrap this show?

Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
Forum Member
✭✭
It just doesn't feel like how it used to. It's not the same, nearly every housemate now has an agent before going in. The audition process sounds fraudulent because the majority of people who apply don't have agents.

Most of the people on this series just seemed PR wise and had experience in the media. I want to see it get back to just people who aren't so media orientated.

The producers have ruined it, the amount of outside influence is way over the top. Housemates who got voted out coming back in, not once but multiple times. Call it a day if it is like this.

Comments

• Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all. I cant wait for next year. I love it when my favourite wins.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show has evolved with the fashion

Its not if the show needs to be scrapped but if the viewer needs to realise its not for them
    And they not the show are the problem
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always wondered how people manage to get all that time off of a regular job to appear on something like BB. I can't imagine my employer being too pleased if I asked for months of leave to be on TV.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    The true concept of the show is good, it's the producers who've spoilt it IMO.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    People that no longer enjoy it should just not watch it. It's really not worth the hassle of moaning everyday and making thread after thread complaining. I didn't like this series but I haven't liked every series in the past either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People that no longer enjoy it should just not watch it. It's really not worth the hassle of moaning everyday and making thread after thread complaining. I didn't like this series but I haven't liked every series in the past either.

Exactly. I quickly saw this series was a write-off within a week, but I found the same for BB9 and BB12 and still enjoyed series since those.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen posts on the forum saying that the BB contract is soon to end, and that this may be the last show. If this is so, then I am sad. I must admit to not feeling too bothered about it for a couple of days, when I felt at a low ebb. I will continue to watch and see if I like it, if not, I can always 'do one' and leave.

Sometimes we just outgrow programmes and continue to watch in the hope of improvements, but I'll have to wait and see, won't I,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pondie84 wrote: »
    Exactly. I quickly saw this series was a write-off within a week, but I found the same for BB9 and BB12 and still enjoyed series since those.

I couldn't stand BB8, BB10 or BB12 so just didn't bother as much with watching all the HLs and aftershows etc kept up to date with what was happening online but everyone moaning about channel 5 - last years was a great series and the January CBB was one of the best zeleb series ever so just put this one down as a dud year and move on to the next.
  • Options
    this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think channel 5 really experimented with this show this year, some ideas worked some didn't they were never gonna keep everyone happy. hopefully next year they rethink and check what worked and what didn't, me personally don't like inference from the outside at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C5s contract was ending but endemol last year got council permission (it needs a permit for all those loud nights) as they are bordered by housing flats and tesco for a few more years should someone want the show
  • Options
    iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    It just doesn't feel like how it used to. It's not the same, nearly every housemate now has an agent before going in. The audition process sounds fraudulent because the majority of people who apply don't have agents.

Most of the people on this series just seemed PR wise and had experience in the media. I want to see it get back to just people who aren't so media orientated.

The producers have ruined it, the amount of outside influence is way over the top. Housemates who got voted out coming back in, not once but multiple times. Call it a day if it is like this.

Sadly I'm forced to agree with you. Maybe the celebrity version will keep going but the non celeb version has probably had it's day. I doubt there will be another series next year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    i think channel 5 really experimented with this show this year, some ideas worked some didn't they were never gonna keep everyone happy. hopefully next year they rethink and check what worked and what didn't, me personally don't like inference from the outside at all

Those ideas are globally tried... Remember last years secrets and lies was based on the french version previously done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do people not see other long running shows alter over time... Deliberately to lose the fading old audience and attract a new more in fashion one? Every long running show has done so... You really do have to ask... Are you still radio1/capital radio or is it time you retuned to gold or radio2... The show and you are not forever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do people not see other long running shows alter over time... Deliberately to lose the fading old audience and attract a new more in fashion one? Every long running show has done so... You really do have to ask... Are you still radio1/capital radio or is it time you retuned to gold or radio2... The show and you are not forever!

Oh good example. In recent years all the fuss made about Chris Moyles and Nick Grimshaw on radio1.
  • Options
    artstuartstu Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do wonder, considering the standard of the rest of their output, why I expect the quality of BB to be any higher.
    Anyway, this year's shambles has finally cured me of that delusion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do people not see other long running shows alter over time... Deliberately to lose the fading old audience and attract a new more in fashion one? Every long running show has done so...

The Simpons :(
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Why they are still making money out of it, BB wont be going anywhere, tis the same with X Factor.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No.
    Maybe time for you to scrap the show from your list of shows to watch if you have not moved along with it.
    Why would you want to deprive others from continuing to enjoy watching the show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    If you don't like the show then don't watch it
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member

It just happens to be 2014 not 1990, times have changed, you can't expect times to stay as they were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    It just happens to be 2014 not 1990, times have changed, you can't expect times to stay as they were.
    The producers interfere far too much. They have abandoned certain fundamentals of Big Brother. Call it something else and not Big Brother if you don't stick to the core values.

It's not the same now and it's just going to die on its arse as the producers are making a right tit of it. People paid money to evict housemates and yet they still appeared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the good news is fashion comes in and out

I loved bb5 and 6 then it went stupid
    Hated first c5 efforts and 2013 and this year were great

Ie. Some years you will like, some you wont... Thatvis how it works...

It is also why shops dont sell the same ready meals every year.. They change...

Its not your fault but you have to deal with it!!!
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I truly don't know if its just more BS but in recent contact with Samwell-Smith he says changes will happen the hint was when Viacom takes over. 1.56 million Inc +1 for last night is just terrible. This entire summer series has been based on trying to raise the numbers from 1 million remember how close that came? over the weekend it would fall below that.

the issues facing them are vast because instead of seeing the changes weren't working since its been on Channel 5 they carried on regardless last year whilst not perfect was showing signs of BBUK finally sorting itself out.

Producers HAVE to stop messing about
    The series doesn't need a story Editor because the HM's just need to be normal people when I say normal not ones who are selected from an Agency who can go into the DR have a Chat and from the "hints" dropped realise there is a story brewing come out and start following the storyline that's why people felt this series was more contrived and scripted than ever.

Live feed is essential

better tasks

No outside information no matter what they feel it will achieve it has to be brought back once outside information starts flowing the entire setup within the house falls into Hell.

Rules enforced to the full extent if a HM has 3 warnings no final one just remove them.

Whilst the show will never revert back to chickens and just people living together the core rules have basically been pissed on since Channel 5 took over. Its time for both Them and the producers to realise its not worked and wont work. Have twists no problem but for the love of god stop acting God on an hourly basis because the route they are taking isn't convenient.

DR chats must remain private its being used as a means to cause conflict again its just
    dropping every aspect that made this show so unique
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you that the show has changed & not necessarily for the better, but I don't think it should be scrapped.

I would like a return to a model random HM selection rather than the current system where they seem to pluck HMs from an agency called 'Wannabes R Us', or put people on the normal BB who actually have a semblance of a media profile, like Zoe Birkett & Helen Wood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the good news is fashion comes in and out

I loved bb5 and 6 then it went stupid
    Hated first c5 efforts and 2013 and this year were great

Ie. Some years you will like, some you wont... Thatvis how it works...

It is also why shops dont sell the same ready meals every year.. They change...

Its not your fault but you have to deal with it!!!
    Certain fundamentals need to remain, otherwise it isn't Big Brother. Call it something else. Evicting housemates and then having them appear again, well it is a joke and defeats the purpose of the show.