Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »

I love that one.

Years ago I used to use my tape recorder to speed up songs and the best I heard was:
    Marilyn Manson - The Dope Show (sped-up)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVinisiAGfI

Okay lets not turn this into a chipmunk thread. :D
    This lot sound like a fun bunch

Implosive Disgorgence - Disemboweled Left To Rot :D

His vocals sound like someone slowed down the noise of a stomach rumbling.
    It reminds me of Big Dumb Face's 'Blood Red Head On Fire' (one of the many side projects of Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit)
    Blood Red Head On Fire is at 7:32
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NfUAQbe4_c
    Other songs I recommend for a laugh are Duke Lion (2:47), Mighty Penis Laser (18:38) and Voices In The Wall (28:39).
    It was intentionally done to be one of the most ridiculous albums ever. lol
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    I do. I own their 2010 album, Rekreatur.

Ha ha! I might have guessed you'd like them. We appear to have very similar tastes. :cool:

You're going to have to start recommending me some bands to check out :)
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure what I was expecting when I decided to check out a German band called Excrementory Grindf*ckers but it wasn't THIS
    Forum Member
    Just realised it's three years since Dio died.

Rainbow In The Dark - Live

R.I.P.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have been trying for 3 days to get standing tickets for my lad and his mate for avenged sevenfold at manchester arena, tried o2 presale the live nation presale and today for general sale, 9am on the dot each time and still not got any, but surprise surprise they are all over viagogo, get me in, ebay etc. Winds me right up!:mad:
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    i have been trying for 3 days to get standing tickets for my lad and his mate for avenged sevenfold at manchester arena, tried o2 presale the live nation presale and today for general sale, 9am on the dot each time and still not got any, but surprise surprise they are all over viagogo, get me in, ebay etc. Winds me right up!:mad:

I don't understand. How can those other outlets have tickets before they've gone on general sale? :confused:

Anyway, I just saw this & thought of you :D

101 ways you know you've been a Heavy Metal fan for too long..

1.. You're going out and you have to decide which of your 50 black T-shirts you're going to wear.
    2. You have ever had an argument with your wife about wearing a heavy metal T-shirt to a family function.
    3. You don't know the words to the national anthem but you know all the words to Stairway to Heaven, including the extra bits on the live version.
    4. You see KISS every time they come to town, because this just might actually be their last tour.
    5. You remember when your wife was also into heavy metal, but that was back when Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Regan were in power.
    6. You know who the original singer for AC/DC was, and it wasn't Bon Scott.
    7. You know there is absolutely nothing gay at all about grown men dressing in makeup, lingerie and spandex, playing for an all male audience, and gradually disrobing by the gig's end.
    8. You know not to be alarmed if there's ever a bustle in your hedgerow.
    9. You finally worked out what Emo music is, only to find there is an even newer thing called Screamo.
    10. You always thought Ozzy Osbourne was a GOD, but then after The Osbournes you're not quite so sure.

Continues...

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3. You don't know the words to the national anthem but you know all the words to Stairway to Heaven, including the extra bits on the live version.
    :D

only got to number 3 before i recognised myself '....does anybody remember laughter'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to mention Eurovision, but this is Armenia's entry written by the great Tony Iommi [URL="[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNiW1tRRpg]Dorians – Lonely Planet[/url]"][/url]Dorians – Lonely Planet Nil Points
    Forum Member
    Sorry to mention Eurovision, but this is Armenia's entry written by the great Tony Iommi [URL="[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNiW1tRRpg]Dorians – Lonely Planet[/url]"][/url]Dorians – Lonely Planet Nil Points

Oh dear.
    Forum Member
    Can't believe I haven't posted this already. :o

Delain - We Are The Others

Not the most 'metal' song in the world but a great message nontheless.

"I'm walking with Sophie tonight
    She lives in the air that I breathe
    I can't get it out of my mind
    how you were left to bleed
    Was it how you dressed
    or how you act
    I can't believe
    how they could act so violently
    without regret
    well, we will not forget

R.I.P.Sophie Lancaster
  • taskertasker Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe I haven't posted this already. :o

Delain - We Are The Others

Not the most 'metal' song in the world but a great message nontheless.

"I'm walking with Sophie tonight
    She lives in the air that I breathe
    I can't get it out of my mind
    how you were left to bleed
    Was it how you dressed
    or how you act
    I can't believe
    how they could act so violently
    without regret
    well, we will not forget

R.I.P.Sophie Lancaster

Saw Delain at the corporation in Sheffield on Charlottes birthday.
    Amazingly good live and hugely underated band she has the voice of an angel., can't wait until January next year to see them with Within Temptation.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWMb7EC8gBo

Probably the greatest video ever :D
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWMb7EC8gBo

Probably the greatest video ever :D

How gloriously silly :D

I do like the song though :)

How about some Gothic Power instead? I may have posted this earlier in the thread. not sure.

Powerwolf - We Drink your Blood

I'm not sure they take themselves entirely seriously. :)
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trendies have always hated this music and its fans. There's only thing to say to them, up yours!
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    The trendies have always hated this music and its fans. There's only thing to say to them, up yours!

The feeling is mutual anyway. :D
    Forum Member
    Trendies don't bother me so much, because I don't expect them to like this music. Metal hipsters make me roll my eyes big style though.

I'm a happy camper today though, as my boys Sabaton were in action at a festival in Poland last night & there's now some decent footage on Youtube.

Sabaton LIVE 2013-05-17 Cracow, Poland - Metal Crüe

Loving Thobbe going nuts with his guitar at the end :D

Damn, they had the pyros too :)

Sabaton LIVE 2013-05-17 Cracow, Poland - Carolus Rex

I need to see this band live! :o
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Metal hipsters make me roll my eyes big style though.

Total pains in the arses. It's even worse these days cos they download all kinds of shit for free, and they think they know everything.

What about the females that get into "the scene" just for the clothes/attitude? Most of them couldn't even name a Metallica track. You see them at gigs with the boyfriend...looking bored as ****. :p
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Total pains in the arses. It's even worse these days cos they download all kinds of shit for free, and they think they know everything.

What about the females that get into "the scene" just for the clothes/attitude? Most of them couldn't even name a Metallica track. You see them at gigs with the boyfriend...looking bored as ****. :p

Maybe the boyfriends shouldn't be dragging uninterested girlfriends to gigs?

Guys who assume that females can't be genuinely interested in metal annoy me too :p:D

Why is it seen as such a f*cking 'boys club'? :confused:

ETA - I couldn't name many Metallica tracks either. Then again, I don't really like Thrash. * Currently listening to Powerwolf
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I would post this up in case anyone's interested. It's my band 'Chewin' Druids' live. It's at The Snooty Fox in Wakefield, so the sound quality is excellent. It's thrashy nonsense. I'm bashing drums and cymbals at the back.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EkwgU1r0I8A
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    , I don't really like Thrash. * Currently listening to Powerwolf

Just noticed this. It's probably best you don't click the link above!
    Forum Member
    Just noticed this. It's probably best you don't click the link above!

Is that a challenge? :D

Listening to the Chewin Druids as I type. Enjoying the music :) Very punky :cool:

Note the stress on music :D

Moved on to Fleshgod Apocalypse - meh :sleep:
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    The feeling is mutual anyway. :D

Too right, what they never understand is this is still the most popular form of guitar music in the world, it's been around since 1967 and will never die. You can guarantee as soon as the tickets go on sale for Led Zeppelin, they sell out in minutes.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tasker wrote: »
    Saw Delain at the corporation in Sheffield on Charlottes birthday.
    Amazingly good live and hugely underated band she has the voice of an angel., can't wait until January next year to see them with Within Temptation.

I first came across Delain @ Sonisphere in 2010 and I've been a fan ever since.

One of the band's founders, Martijn Westerholt, is the brother of Robert Westerholt from Within Temptation, funnily enough! Martin was also in the band until he had to leave due to illness.

I think Delain will be huge. Charlotte is lovely and has a great voice and, as you say, they are brilliant live.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them supporting Within Temptation too, it will be the fourth time I've seen Delain and the third time I've seen Within Temptation! :D
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I managed to get my tickets for the LG Arena on pre-sale and the gig now seems to be completely sold out, and yet as you say they are all over the re-sale sites.

A complete rip-off as usual.
    Forum Member
    I first came across Delain @ Sonisphere in 2010 and I've been a fan ever since.

One of the band's founders, Martijn Westerholt, is the brother of Robert Westerholt from Within Temptation, funnily enough! Martin was also in the band until he had to leave due to illness.

I think Delain will be huge. Charlotte is lovely and has a great voice and, as you say, they are brilliant live.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them supporting Within Temptation too, it will be the fourth time I've seen Delain and the third time I've seen Within Temptation! :D
    I just discovered them a few weeks ago. I'm not that fussed about Symphonic generally but I do like Delain. Possibly because they're not OTT operatic.

Within Tempatation & Delain are actually coming to Newcastle on their tour but I don't have anyone to go with :(