Dualshock 3 vs Dualshock 4

metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
Forum Member
✭✭
I've recently got a PS4 and have had a few hours on it now but I'm frequently switching back to PS3 to play Destiny (as most of my clan/friends are still on there until christmas)

I'm finding the difference in controllers quite jarring and at the moment I think I prefer the old Dualshock 3.

Anyone else prefer the old controller at first? Have you grown to love the 4?

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ds3 is crap. Much prefer ds4. Night and day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clip on triggers for the DS3 made it great. DS4 I hate. I just don't find it comfortable.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find a new controller always requires a bit of time to settle down and become comfortable.

Going from Xbox S-Controller to the Sixaxis with my PS3 was horrible, I found the stick placement to be uncomfortable. But now after over 5 years on PS3 when I pick up an Xbox controller I find the stick placement uncomfortable.

Its probably not helping you adjust to the DS4 if you keep going back to the PS3 and DS3.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    There's pressure sensitivity on DS 3. So you can play MGS 2 & 3 like they were intentionally developed!

To be honest, if you don't find triggers or FPS games important, Dualshock 4 can be seen as a step back.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the 4, apart from the little rubbery pads on the sticks getting worn down. It seems more sensitive somehow than the 3. I love the speaker on the controller.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS4 is a significant improvement over DS3 in my opinion. Every little thing is a little bit better which all adds up to create a great controller. The only criticism I could level at it is the battery life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I find a new controller always requires a bit of time to settle down and become comfortable.

I said that to myself when I got my PS4 back in April. 'You'll get used to it in time' I thought to myself but it's now December and I still find it just as uncomfortable.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I said that to myself when I got my PS4 back in April. 'You'll get used to it in time' I thought to myself but it's now December and I still find it just as uncomfortable.

To be fair, you've probably not used it much because of the lack of games to play on PS4, so even though you've had it for a long time, you've hardly got any proper use out of it. The DS4 is pretty damn great on PC, the user made drivers for it allow for more options than the console itself so I've got plenty of use out of mine ironically on the PC more than a PS4.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,714
    Forum Member
    DS4 controller is much better than the DS3 in my opinion.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problems with either controller. Can go from DS3 to DS4 and back again without issue.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I was never a fan of the DS3, I always found the R2 & L2 buttons to be pretty pure. The 360 controller was amazing. However, with the new consoles, I don't like the Xbox controller, it just feels small & not very comfortable to hold. The PS4 controller feels solid with a bit of weight to it & the speaker and triggers are brilliant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I used to go back to ps3 to play gta online or some plus titles and found the ds3 awkward to hold in comparison as its smaller in size. I also kept trying to press the non-existent options button to pause a game on my ds3.