• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    suffering from depression doesn't make it alright to be rude
  • Options
    CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    The Spoon wrote: »
    you philistine! still leaves the likes of Kate for us real men!
    now pop a couple of leeches on your tongue and let them dissolve...

You're welcome to her; I've no time for charmless bints who go all gaga over wildlife. She has less personality than Melinda Messenger.

(Oddie can be a sentimental idiot at times too, but I find Kate just as irritating)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see the back of the grouchy old goat!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Katherine wrote: »
    Truly shocked, but not surprised. It says he is 'taking a breather'. I'm not so sure.

Finally.

The back of the most irritating presenter on telly.

(okay. Maybe he's up there with the likes of Ross, Winkleman, Peters, and the worst of all, Ms Deeley)
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Bill comes back as i find Humble just annoying and irritating and fake. I prefer Bill's programmes when he is on his own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scofo76 wrote: »
    With the way tv is going at the moment, don't be surprised if his replacement is Myleene Klass! :p

I agree, dreadful, all style and no substance.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? To me she resembles some sixth-form head girl prefect character that I want to beat to death with a lacrosse racquet...

Some people find that type attractive, though. Including me.

Though to be honest I'm just a **** who finds just about anything in a skirt attractive ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the way tv is going at the moment, don't be surprised if his replacement is Myleene Klass! :p

I could just about see that happen. I hope they have a shower ;)
  • Options
    jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I stopped watching this last Spring only 3-4 episodes in because I found Bill too "unlikeable". Just my opinion on his presenting skills. He appeared to relish/enjoy showing death & I know it's part of nature, however he seemed to hark on about it too much tbh. Fair enough I suppose they want to show reality but every episode seemed to focus more on some baby/ies dying rather than the beautiful living creatures & I am not interested in that sort of depression every night thankyou - especially with him seeming to be all gleeful about it & interupting Kate continually!
    I am sorry about his depression - having suffered myself in the past I know how debilitating it can be, I hope the break helps him recover.
    I love Simon out in the Hebrides (now he is sexy :D) but I question whether he'd translate well in the "studio" (not sure if you can call a derelict barn that but I'm hopeful you know what I mean). He prob would not want to leave what he does anyway, as he seems to enjoy it so much.
    Can't think of this chap that does not like cats. I shall go back & find out his name & look him up.
    I will give the new-look Springwatch a butchers but if it is all about death again I'll be off!
    PS. I've just looked up Chris Packham & yes I like him - I've watched some of his stuff before I remember now. It does help that he is easy on the eye too, to me anyway ;). I think he'd gel well with Kate but I'm a bit worried about the "cat hating" comment :eek:. I love cats & could not watch a cat hater - sorry. Is it a joke :confused:.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He argues that cats should be licensed and a curfew imposed: his model is an Australian system in which wardens patrol the streets and shoot any cats out after dark. Packham, 39, says cats are "sly, greedy, insidious murderers" that made him want to "reach for my shotgun". A self-confessed cat-hater, he confesses that he uses a high-powered water pistol to "shoot" cats that venture into his garden. "If I used a real gun, it might not go down too well with the neighbours."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1320962/A-curfew-for-the-cat.html

Packham argues that we should adopt the Australia system, where cats found on the streets after a curfew are picked off by gun-toting tabby wardens.

And then you read this:

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/TV-wildlife-expert-Chris-trail-killer-spate-cat-poisoningsarticle-413298-details/article.html

Perhaps a change of heart :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    He argues that cats should be licensed and a curfew imposed: his model is an Australian system in which wardens patrol the streets and shoot any cats out after dark. Packham, 39, says cats are "sly, greedy, insidious murderers" that made him want to "reach for my shotgun". A self-confessed cat-hater, he confesses that he uses a high-powered water pistol to "shoot" cats that venture into his garden. "If I used a real gun, it might not go down too well with the neighbours."

Not to mention that is is quite illegal to shoot cats roaming on your property with a real gun, he will find himself in a lot of trouble indeed. Domestic cats are protected by law and it is an offence to trap, injure or kill them.

I'm disappointed he said this, always had a lot of respect of respect for him but if he can't show understanding for an animal that has its place in the natural order then he clearly isn't a true naturalist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

or John Barrowman;)
  • Options
    manics2003manics2003 Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ideal replacement is Chris Packham.

I love my cats no he should not be a replacement.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Myleen Klass knows anything about animals?
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    timedancer wrote: »
    Not to mention that is is quite illegal to shoot cats roaming on your property with a real gun, he will find himself in a lot of trouble indeed. Domestic cats are protected by law and it is an offence to trap, injure or kill them.

I'm disappointed he said this, always had a lot of respect of respect for him but if he can't show understanding for an animal that has its place in the natural order then he clearly isn't a true naturalist.

I dont agree that cats out after dark should be shot, but they dont have their place in the natural order of the UK, or many other countries where theyve "helped" the extinction of native species. I think Chris Packham would be a good replacement I guess, though he isnt someone I thought of straight away. Simon King would be a good replacement also, though I agree he may prefer his current role on Springwatch/Autumnwatch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad he's gone tbh. Saw him on some art show, where they had to do a picture of him and he was really rude because one had used stuff from his comday show he did, and didnt want to be remembered for it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russell Brand?
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Funny you should say this as I am led to believe that whilst driving a car, you should not stop for a cat if it is unsafe to do so, it is not illegal to kill a cat in this way, but you say that people are breaking the law if they injure a cat, well isn't running a cat over in a car, injuring a cat?

Apparently cats are classed as wild animals, even though they are domesticated, if you run over a dog it is a different story.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Glad to hear it, the man's had a charisma bypass. I might start watching it again now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I wonder if Myleen Klass knows anything about animals?

Doesn't matter, she's got nice hair and teeth.
  • Options
    m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But he has no intention of shooting cats with a real gun. He already said he uses a water pistol to deter them....right?

The domestic cat is not indigenous to this country any more than the grey squirrel. And both cause an undue amount of damage to other wildlife. It's the domestic cat that particulary bothers him, not cats in general.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geena wrote: »
    or John Barrowman;)

That would have to go out on the X-rated Springwatch..... and he'd have to be barred from profiling the behaviour of the Trouser Snake...... :D
  • Options
    strictlysnoopystrictlysnoopy Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    How about Iolo Williams, very knowledgable and easy on the eyes!!!!;);););)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Funny you should say this as I am led to believe that whilst driving a car, you should not stop for a cat if it is unsafe to do so, it is not illegal to kill a cat in this way, but you say that people are breaking the law if they injure a cat, well isn't running a cat over in a car, injuring a cat?

Apparently cats are classed as wild animals, even though they are domesticated, if you run over a dog it is a different story.

http://www.cats.org.uk/catcare/leaflets/EG10-Catsandthelaw.pdf
  • Options
    Forum Member
    m06een00 wrote: »
    The domestic cat is not indigenous to this country any more than the grey squirrel. And both cause an undue amount of damage to other wildlife. It's the domestic cat that particulary bothers him, not cats in general.

Let's take my cat as an example, I do not care whether my pet which belongs to me is indigenous or not, that was not my point and I never said they were - and plenty of domesticated animals are not indigenous to the UK. Man does far more damage to the wildlife in this country than cats to.

If you were to harm my cat without a lawful excuse - like it was an accident - you are harming what the law recognises as my property. That comes under the criminal damage act.