Options

Dialaphone - Cashback Con ?

Brava 210Brava 210 Posts: 447
Forum Member
I need to get a w902, dialaphone are the only cheapish site doing it, with £215 cashback which makes it work out ok at £21 a month on o2 or Orange.
How does this work and is it easy to do :confused:

Thanks Gary

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from personal experience, i would avoid ANY cash back offer as the company offering it usually makes it so difficult to claim back that the contract holder gives up. Another issue in this current climate is that the company who are offering the cash back may go bust, which leaves you paying for a contract for a minimum term (12/18 months) and not getting your money back as per the contract.

My mum took a contract out offering cash back with CPW, yet even following the guidelines/time scales set out, she was refused her cash back for some reason or other.

My advice is to look elsewhere for the handset on a contract that is either cheaper or offers a discount whereby they deduct it straight from the bill rather than you having to jump through hoops to get money back that you are entitled to.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I've had a phone on a cashback deal - submitted my bills at the right time - and had no problems getting the payments. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in this current credit climate, you would have to be foolish to take up an offer for a cashback contract. The high profile names which have collapsed so far - it could end up being the company you buy your contract from and then you are out of pocket.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    My boss had a dialaphone cashback deal. She sent the requested bills at the correct time. On each occasion she had to chase them up several times, they did everything they could to delay the payment. She would not recommend them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't speak for them these days, but I had a cashback deal with Dialaphone years ago and had no problems with it. They included all the information I needed when my phone was delivered, and I don't recall any delays in them paying out.

I can't imagine them going bust.. they've been around for years, and have been doing cashback deals for years too. That said, considering all the other companies offering cashback who have gone bust, I wouldn't be surprised if Dialaphone had tightened up their conditions a bit.