Options

Damage limitation: Chris. The producers were wrong!

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why did you feel the need to change it and write what you wrote rather than what he said ;-)

don't be ridiculous , I can't quote everything , he's done loads of talking about this , I described what he said , it's called paraphrasing (never heard of it ?) , I didn't use quotes , and I stand by my description .

how would you describe what chris was saying about Pav's staring at ashleigh.?
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    yogacats wrote: »
    Absolute BUNKUM.

Chris spread NO rumours whatsoever, quite the reverse, he got Pav alone and tried to play down the situation. Don't know what you're watching, but you're certainly making things up. As for Chris trying to assassinate Pav's character, that's just a ludicrous comment. He is not a malicious type of person, and anyone who thinks he is after watching for 7 weeks need to get their eyes and ears tested.

Alone? How many million or hundreds of thousands watch BB:D

Chris knew perfectly well what he was doing there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know these are Chris's actual words,

"She's just sexy"
    "I think that's how he's looking at it"

Quote Chris's words to back up what you say.

:confused: I'm not on about that bit , I thought you'd watched the link I gave you , he says a lot more than that , I'm not gonna have to type out a whole transcript for you am I ?.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still can't believe the hatred toward Chris about this. He was being protective towards Ashleigh, not pervy. They are on the same wave length, have similar principles and a similar level of intellect - of course they are going to enjoy eachothers company! How that makes Chris a 'perv' I don't know. I have never once interpreted his actions as being anything other than those of a loyal friend.

Of all the people to turn on, seriously. He has been the one true voice in that house. He is a fair minded bloke who found the bullying and 'gang' mentality of some of the housemates abhorent. He disliked the way 'the gang' used to turn on people, and hated seeing people being treated unfairly. The only reason he pulled Pav to one side was to give him a heads up that he might be getting portrayed in a bad light, it was NOT because he was jealous. He was also being protective of Ashleigh, who he has a strong bond with. I don't see the problem.

How about getting your pitch fork and torches out, and fire bombing the local paediatrician? ( this actually happened to a paediatrician a few years back. People heard the word 'paed' and turned it into 'paedo'.)
    People are so quick to turn innocent people into 'pervs' or 'paedo's' in recent years, it makes my blood boil. It's just hateful ignorance. The name 'creepy chris' will follow that bloke around for the rest of his life, and he has actually done nothing wrong at all to deserve it. The effect it will have on his personal life, his job prospects, and possibly his safety could be devastating.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnHughes wrote: »
    I still can't believe the hatred toward Chris about this. He was being protective towards Ashleigh, not pervy. They are on the same wave length, have similar principles and a similar level of intellect - of course they are going to enjoy eachothers company! How that makes Chris a 'perv' I don't know. I have never once interpreted his actions as being anything other than those of a loyal friend.

Of all the people to turn on, seriously. He has been the one true voice in that house. He is a fair minded bloke who found the bullying and 'gang' mentality of some of the housemates abhorent. He disliked the way 'the gang' used to turn on people, and hated seeing people being treated unfairly. The only reason he pulled Pav to one side was to give him a heads up that he might be getting portrayed in a bad light, it was NOT because he was jealous. He was also being protective of Ashleigh, who he has a strong bond with. I don't see the problem.

How about getting your pitch fork and torches out, and fire bombing the local paediatrician? ( this actually happened to a paediatrician a few years back. People heard the word 'paed' and turned it into 'paedo'.)
    People are so quick to turn innocent people into 'pervs' or 'paedo's' in recent years, it makes my blood boil. It's just hateful ignorance. The name 'creepy chris' will follow that bloke around for the rest of his life, and he has actually done nothing wrong at all to deserve it. The effect it will have on his personal life, his job prospects, and possibly his safety could be devastating.

He has said he has been called that before going on BB.:confused:

And you still haven't answered, as no Chris fan will, why was he being protective towards Ashleigh. Why did he see it as his business. There is absolutely no need.

As Chris has been saying, and saying, and saying, they have been in that house a long time.
    When they all first entered and the threesome of Ash. Winston and Marlon hadn't settled down, that was when any "protection" of any of the women perhaps could have been needed.
    And that's a mighty big "perhaps".
    And where was Chris?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has said he has been called that before going on BB.:confused:

And you still haven't answered, as no Chris fan will, why was he being protective towards Ashleigh. Why did he see it as his business. There is absolutely no need.

As Chris has been saying, and saying, and saying, they have been in that house a long time.
    When they all first entered and the threesome of Ash. Winston and Marlon hadn't settled down, that was when any "protection" of any of the women perhaps could have been needed.
    And that's a mighty big "perhaps".
    And where was Chris?
    He has been called it before, but because of the way he looks...not because of his perceived 'creepy' actions.

I think you'll find I did answer that. They are friends, same wavelength, similar intellect, so he was acting as a loyal friend. You could even say he was feeling protective in an older brother sort of way. Or being protective as any decent human being would. He was also being protective towards Pav BTW for giving him a heads up - sometimes people don't realise what they are doing and it takes someone else to point it out.

As for when he first went into the show and Ash, Winston & Marlon hadn't 'settled down' as you put it - Chris was being ostracised by the gang, so he had little chance of protecting anyone, even if he wanted to.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know these are Chris's actual words,

"She's just sexy"
    "I think that's how he's looking at it"

Quote Chris's words to back up what you say.

Here's the transcript of the relevant parts of the discussion. Feel free to add anything I've left out that you think gives a different picture:

Chris: "The thing bugging me about Pav mainly, more than anything, was the way he was looking at Ashleigh.
    Christopher: "Perhaps it's because she's a very kind of complex, interesting character."
    Chris: "You could say that but when someone comes in swaggering(?) the way he does...nah, he's not looking at her like that.

Chris: "Nah, she's just sexy. I think that's the way he's looking at it"

Chris: "I sat looking at Ashleigh probably a dozen times. I just love her!"
    Christoper: "But that's just very platonic."
    Chris: "Oh, massively...but with Pav...no. There's a difference. I know the effin difference."

He's contrasting the way he claims to stare at her with the way he thinks Pav does. He also says that he thinks Pav is looking at her because she's 'sexy'. And, when Christopher offers the view that perhaps Pav finds her interesting and complex, Chris intervenes to say that 'he's not looking at her like that.

There's no room for doubt as to what Chris is implying there.

I can see why, even in the face of solid evidence, some are determined not to concede this point though; to accept that Chris has been implying Pav has been leering over Ashleigh totally undermines the 'poor Chris' card that some of his fans have been playing since the whole putting a pervy tag on Pav thing came back to bite Chris on his arse in a big way, with all the 'creepy Chris' stuff going on.

It is, however, an insult to people's intelligence to expect them to accept that Chris has not been implying that Pav has been leering at Ashleigh in a sexual manner.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the transcript of the relevant parts of the discussion. Feel free to add anything I've left out that you think gives a different picture:

Chris: "The thing bugging me about Pav mainly, more than anything, was the way he was looking at Ashleigh.
    Christopher: "Perhaps it's because she's a very kind of complex, interesting character."
    Chris: "You could say that but when someone comes in swaggering(?) the way he does...nah, he's not looking at her like that.

Chris: "Oh, massively...but with Pav...no. There's a difference. I know the effin difference."

He's contrasting the way he claims to stare at her with the way he thinks Pav does. He also says that he thinks Pav is looking at her because she's 'sexy'. And, when Christopher offers the view that perhaps Pav finds her interesting and complex, Chris intervenes to say that 'he's not looking at her like that.

I can see why, even in the face of solid evidence, some are determined not to concede this point though; to accept that Chris has been implying Pav has been leering over Ashleigh totally undermines the 'poor Chris' card that some of his fans have been playing since the whole putting a pervy tag on Pav thing came back to bite Chris on his arse in a big way, with all the 'creepy Chris' stuff going on.

It is, however, an insult to people's intelligence to expect them to accept that Chris has not been implying that Pav has been leering at Ashleigh in a sexual manner.

Thanks for this post and the BIB RJ.:)

Blows the whole argument that he was looking out for Pav out of the water.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member

^^^^^^^^^^^ Everything that he's just said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

Well done for bothering to type it out'

I feel it will fall on deaf ears though. Very interestinng seeing it in black and white.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ohhhh - he was being helpful ?

except - how come he went round spreading the rumor about Pav before he spoke to him ? and how come he carried on trying to spread it after he spoke to him ?

or - was that helping Pav as well . ?

Pav was finding it hard enough , but then for Chris to come along with his nasty insinuations , and you call him a fair minded bloke ! :o don't think so , he's picked up classic tricks from helen and pauline .

• Options
    Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member

Great stuff and impossible to deny.

It's quite clear that while some are more than happy to defend Chris re the "creepy" stuff in regard to Ashli, no one can mount any kind of defense for Chris re his problem with Pav. It's ignored the way all inconvenient truths are.

Even Chris himself can't defend it. His response to BB asking him to state why he thinks Pav is a "thorn in his side" is the evasive, childish answer, "He just is!"

Says it all.
  • Options
    snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cara-mae wrote: »
    Good points op, I did notice last night they showed Chris in a more positive light compared to recently.
    Its a pity BOTS didnt get the memo!>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohhhh - he was being helpful ?

except - how come he went round spreading the rumor about Pav before he spoke to him ? and how come he carried on trying to spread it after he spoke to him ?

or - was that helping Pav as well . ?

Pav was finding it hard enough , but then for Chris to come along with his nasty insinuations , and you call him a fair minded bloke ! :o don't think so , he's picked up classic tricks from helen and pauline .
    Spreading the rumour? It was more like asking people if they had noticed, and discussing it. You appear to be interpreting everything the bloke does as negative and sneeky. His intention was to give the bloke a heads up and nothing else. No body else in the house was giving him the time of day at that point, but Chris, despite hearing what ex-housemates had said about Pav still pulled him to one side and advised him. He was trying to explain how it may be interpreted, and now that act has caused him to be vilified and wrongly labelled. It makes me weep for society and human nature that we continually do this to people - he was trying to do a good thing by two people, and has ended up having people twist it into him being a creepy pervert.
  • Options
    Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    Spreading the rumour? It was more like asking people if they had noticed, and discussing it. You appear to be interpreting everything the bloke does as negative and sneeky. His intention was to give the bloke a heads up and nothing else. No body else in the house was giving him the time of day at that point, but Chris, despite hearing what ex-housemates had said about Pav still pulled him to one side and advised him. He was trying to explain how it may be interpreted, and now that act has caused him to be vilified and wrongly labelled. It makes me weep for society and human nature that we continually do this to people - he was trying to do a good thing by two people, and has ended up having people twist it into him being a creepy pervert.

That's great, except no one but Chris had this particular problem with Pav. And after Chris was through "discussing it" (behind Pav's back) the feedback he got was that it was a non-issue for everyone else, yet he still went ahead and humiliated Pav, over nothing.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am weeping with you....x
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look just because Chris is 33 and spraying in his shorts over Ashleigh does not makes him creepy
    what makes him creepy is his obsession in telling all and sundry that they are 'Good Friends' believe me when this show is over and maybe one visit she would not look at him at the other side of the street

yet he is protecting her according to him
    please Ashleigh tell every one I am not creepy YUK

yep he is creepy very creepy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and none of them said they had noticed it , but still Chris went on about it , then he went to christopher who hadn't noticed it either and here's what they said :

but according to you Chris was trying to a "good thing" !

I don't know why you're "weeping for society" Chris was the one trying to villify Pav .

edit - thanks to radical joe for the transcript
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great, except no one but Chris had this particular problem with Pav. And after Chris was through "discussing it" (behind Pav's back) the feedback he got was that it was a non-issue for everyone else, yet he still went ahead and humiliated Pav, over nothing.

Exactly - the creepy Chris tag has only come about because of the way he warned Pav not to look at Ashleigh. Now he needs to drop it and stop going on about his friendship with Ashleigh. She's only friends with him because the others are all paired off. He needs to take it for what it is - a holiday infatuation on his side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In your own life do you not ever have conversations about people without them being there? Chris approached Pav about the subject directly, so even though he had talked about it with other people, or "behind his back" as you put it, he still did the decent thing and spoke to him face to face about it. It's more than some of the other housemates would have done.

So the other housemates hadn't noticed, but the cameras may have. If Chris had noticed it, I think it's fair to say he might have believed the cameras may have picked up on it. Also, just because they said it was a non-issue to his face doesn't necessarily mean they haven't said something in the diary room does it? I don't even think he humiliated him - if his intention was to do that he would have brought it up in front of the entire group! He spoke to him in private about it because he thought it was the right thing to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and none of them said they had noticed it , but still Chris went on about it , then he went to christopher who hadn't noticed it either and here's what they said :

but according to you Chris was trying to a "good thing" !

I don't know why you're "weeping for society" Chris was the one trying to villify Pav .

edit - thanks to radical joe for the transcript
    How was Chris vilifying Pav? He was basically pointing out the fact he was gawping, and probably didn't realise he was doing it. If I was close friends with a young girl and a bloke was staring at her in such a way, I would have done the same thing. He didn't point at Pav whilst the whole group was sitting there and say "Oi, stop effing perving at Ashleigh's tits and arse you wierdo!". He approached him and made him aware of it privately and articulately. That is NOT trying to vilify someone, that is making someone aware of how their actions may be being perceived.
  • Options
    phil.cphil.c Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbcrzy wrote: »
    big brothers dont grab at,. constantly hug,

On last nighst show the hm asked Ashleigh about Chris and him hugging her....

She looked shocked and said he had only hugged her about five times

since the start. of BB.....

But as always people see and hear what they want too....

And wasn't it Ashleigh that asked Chris to stand outside the toilet

when she is in there.....

I suppose BB could show him perving outside the toilet door next...