Options

Terry and Mason's Great Food Trip

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
Cheap and cheerful but unoffensive telly. Nothing that hasn't been done before by several on BBC and ITV. Travelling the country sourcing out local delicatelies and some local knowledge and folklore.

No idea who the Mason guy is. Just some random bacl cab driver by the looks of it.

Nice enough to pass 30 minutes though.

Comments

• Options
    Tony_BrooksTony_Brooks Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Ye gods did we not need this resurrection of Wogan. Being chauffeured round the country by a professional Sarf/East Londoner scoffing food.

The BBC consultation document just got another response: No more pension outings
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry Wogan and yet another programme about food preparation or whatever.
    Could it get any worse?

BBC 1&2 " the Cookery Channels."

Twenty-one cookery or food related programmes according to my telly mag this week, (Saturday til Friday), might have been more if it weren't for the extensive athletics coverage.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Well given some of the other complaints about BBC staff jollies I doubt Tel is anywhere near breaking the bank.

I mentioned it being cheap & cheerful as I can't believe in the grand scheme of things that it cost much to produce at all, even with his paycheck.

If James Martin was the host would it be any different? He did a similar series a year or two back but with less of the local knowledge/folklore.

This was more like what ITV has been doing with a celeb touring the country. Ade Edmonson and that guy with the bushy mustache.
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute pony.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Cheap and cheerful but unoffensive telly. Nothing that hasn't been done before by several on BBC and ITV. Travelling the country sourcing out local delicatelies and some local knowledge and folklore.

No idea who the Mason guy is. Just some random bacl cab driver by the looks of it.

Nice enough to pass 30 minutes though.

Mason has been on TV for a while now. Always driving his taxi in different places. He was in 'Toughest Place To Be A Taxi Driver' in India, and then did a series about driving a taxi in different parts of the world.
    http://www.wanderlust.co.uk/magazine/articles/interviews/mason-mcqueen-a-london-cabbie-abroad?page=all

Not too sure if I like this current programme. I'll give it a while longer.
  • Options
    NobbyspilesNobbyspiles Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    Watched first episode, didn't know who Mason was, think Wogan was a great broadcaster, but " knocked it on the ead mate" as a cockney cabbie might say.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have now deleted the series link.

It's the same old thing every night - just in a different location.