Options

Shane Filan first album as solo artist, your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and The Moon was the most played song in China yesterday - played 28000 times on its 1st day.

Good to know the fans in China still love Westlife boys.
  • Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great!

How did you know about that? I guess it just really need to be made known, in my country it is not that known..... Of course exept to thise who follow him m on social media. I hope the westlife page could also promote it on facebook since it has more followers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    That's great!

How did you know about that? I guess it just really need to be made known, in my country it is not that known..... Of course exept to thise who follow him m on social media. I hope the westlife page could also promote it on facebook since it has more followers

Shane posted that on Twitter thanking China. And I'm sure Shane's work will be promoted on Westlife Facebook - they do that all the time. Mark was also promoted there. Heck, even Louis new boyband Hometown is promoted there:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm wrong, but this really looks like Me And The Moon isn't treated as a single at this moment: I mean, it is only available on as a part of the the album, it's not on iTunes in it's own right. Plus, Shane only posted a link for pre-ordering the album on iTunes and Amazon and a Spotify link, no link for the single. And he only mentioned the album on Twitter. Today he thanked the fans who like the new single but he didn't mention it is out now. Even the description below the music video doesn't mention it is out now which is usually always done.

AND no media is reporting this is a single which is also a big indicator in my opinion, they are just reporting about the new album and a new music video for the single - no one mentions it is out right now. And I still haven't seen one review of the song.

For now, this looks like it is just a song for people to hear when ordering the album. Maybe that is the very reason he didn't share the news until Monday since the UK charts are now revealed on Friday instead of Sunday.

I think I'm right but who knows. Maybe this is just a promo single, the real release will happen in the near future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong, but this really looks like Me And The Moon isn't treated as a single at this moment: I mean, it is only available on as a part of the the album, it's not on iTunes in it's own right. Plus, Shane only posted a link for pre-ordering the album on iTunes and Amazon and a Spotify link, no link for the single. And he only mentioned the album on Twitter. Today he thanked the fans who like the new single but he didn't mention it is out now. Even the description below the music video doesn't mention it is out now which is usually always done.

AND no media is reporting this is a single which is also a big indicator in my opinion, they are just reporting about the new album and a new music video for the single - no one mentions it is out right now. And I still haven't seen one review of the song.

For now, this looks like it is just a song for people to hear when ordering the album. Maybe that is the very reason he didn't share the news until Monday since the UK charts are now revealed on Friday instead of Sunday.

I think I'm right but who knows. Maybe this is just a promo single, the real release will happen in the near future.

if that so, that will be better.

But I wonder, why is the song charting in itunes? right now, it is #96 in Ireland and #99 in UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    if that so, that will be better.

But I wonder, why is the song charting in itunes? right now, it is #96 in Ireland and #99 in UK.

Thats because with iTunes these days, you can download any song that is a part of the album, whether it is single or not.

For example, look at Jason Derulo;

http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/jasonderulo.html

He only has 2 singles out, Want You To Want Me and Chayene - yet, Try Me is also charting.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I do think this isn't a proper single, just a promo thing. I mean, wouldn't Shane at least urge the fans to buy it on Twitter? Even if you look at his Facebook page, his main photo shows the release date of the single. Basically, single isn't promoted at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats because with iTunes these days, you can download any song that is a part of the album, whether it is single or not.

For example, look at Jason Derulo;

http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/jasonderulo.html

He only has 2 singles out, Want You To Want Me and Chayene - yet, Try Me is also charting.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I do think this isn't a proper single, just a promo thing. I mean, wouldn't Shane at least urge the fans to buy it on Twitter? Even if you look at his Facebook page, his main photo shows the release date of the single. Basically, single isn't promoted at all.

yah, I noticed that also. Now I wonder, if ever your theory is true, when will they plan to release the single? what do you think is the best time? one week before the album release?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any links about its position in Amazon? I mean the album?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally some notice from Shane on Twitter:

Hey guys! Did you know that you can stream #MeAndTheMoon on @Spotify ?

As for Amazon position, he is doing great.

He is #2 in Hot New Releases list:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/new-releases/music/ref=zg_bsnr_nav_0

And #3 in Movers and Shakers list:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/music/ref=zg_bsnr_tab_t_bsms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally some notice from Shane on Twitter:

Hey guys! Did you know that you can stream #MeAndTheMoon on @Spotify ?

As for Amazon position, he is doing great.

He is #2 in Hot New Releases list:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/new-releases/music/ref=zg_bsnr_nav_0

And #3 in Movers and Shakers list:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/music/ref=zg_bsnr_tab_t_bsms

really nice, I wonder the difference of different category in Amazon because I usually see updates in here http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-music-albums/zgbs/music

to find out there are more, like what you shared :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane is nowhere to be seen in Top 100 UK or Irish chart. That makes me even more convinced Me and the Moon isn't a single for now - I mean, how many copies do you actually have to sell in Ireland to get you to #100 in a smaller market like irish? Shane would at least chart in Ireland, if not in UK...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shane is nowhere to be seen in Top 100 UK or Irish chart. That makes me even more convinced Me and the Moon isn't a single for now - I mean, how many copies do you actually have to sell in Ireland to get you to #100 in a smaller market like irish? Shane would at least chart in Ireland, if not in UK...

but why he did mention that Me and the moon is also already out and available in spotify..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I know it is out but maybe in Shane's point of view he just wanted to share a new song as a way of introducing the album. He didn't bother at all with promo - sharing a Spotify link is almost nothing when you need a big amount of streams for that to matter. For what I understand, the song was only played twice in Ireland and UK on the first day. No wonder it plummeted down the itunes chart, it was actually going very well the first day... This can't be considered a flop when it was not promoted one bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon updated the tracklisting of the album - it looks like he will duet with Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...f_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=645743767&pf_rd_i=78190031

I'm a bit disappointed by that, I was hoping it will be someone bigger than him that will give him maybe new fans and recognition. Nadine just isn't, she is in the same boat as him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it looks like Shane is finally doing some promo for his single. You can listen to his interview here:

https://soundcloud.com/rte2fm/shane-filan-chats-to-eoghan-mcdermott

I find it very interesting that he will go to North America, I hope he will gain some success.
  • Options
    woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon updated the tracklisting of the album - it looks like he will duet with Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...f_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=645743767&pf_rd_i=78190031

I'm a bit disappointed by that, I was hoping it will be someone bigger than him that will give him maybe new fans and recognition. Nadine just isn't, she is in the same boat as him.

Nadine - predictable really - one of Louis' favourites!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here is 1 more Shane interview:

http://www.spin1038.com/player/podcasts/SPIN_TALK/Spin_Talk/45670/0/spin_talk_chats_to_shane_filan

So the duet will be 2nd single, will be out around October/November.

Bit stupid he is still keeping quiet about the duet when we already know he is singing with...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of the guy . .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if you are sarcastic or honest but he was the lead singer in Westlife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane will maybe put some songs from the album before the album release on Spotify:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpJ0c_r4juw
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a survey from QVC UK about his album. Would I be interested in watching him sing on the channel and buy the album. No and No.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    I got a survey from QVC UK about his album. Would I be interested in watching him sing on the channel and buy the album. No and No.

Are you judging by the 1st single that you don't like or you don't like him in general because of Westlife? Just curious...

I think Me and The Moon is an improvement from his previous solo work.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. But since I detested West Life, I have no interest in any of them I couldn't give a flying f**k about his solo career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish people in general don't write off Westlife members just because they detested Westlife. If they hate the songs, thats perfectly fine but when some say they suck without even listening to them - thats just unfair.

Mark is the perfect example - his solo stuff is very different from the band and even critics praise him and yet I'm sure there are many people who won't even listen to the songs just because he was in Westlife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pity you donna255

sorry but not sorry