Voting Figs (Yep, actually in here!)

indywindyw Posts: 359
Forum Member

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Indy

I know Matt can skate (but not that much better than his closest rivals yet the percentage gap is very large between them) but it does tend to show what an advantage it can be to be in one of the popular soaps ...... just look at how high a percentage Andy was getting 44% one week

Keiron and Suzanne seem to be the only winners who hasn't had a popular soap connection?

also interesting to see how many times the person saved in the skate off got less public votes than the one sent home

as an aside ... what a terrible way to present the figures .. three seperate pictures to click on so difficult to do a proper comparison without having to flick back and forwards ... why not just post them as one complete chart ...people can zoom if the print is too small
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting this link - a very interesting read. I'm impressed by how well Matthew did in the public vote right from the start, I recall the likes of Ray being beaten by rubbish people early on so he must be extremely popular!

Oh and I agree about the way the figures are displayed - it's awful - but at least we can see them!
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D really happy for Matthew, definately glad I voted as much as I did :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so Andy was the top vote getter the first week (when Matthew wasn't skating) then he was second in the voting to Matthew every week (the week before he left he got practically the same percentage as Matthew) until the week he went when he was 3rd in the vote
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    :D really happy for Matthew, definately glad I voted as much as I did :D

looks like you could have saved yourself a bit of money ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »

I know lol, typical hey! Ah well, it's all good ;)
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow Matthew won it easily right from the start - well deserved.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

Yeah but if all his fans had thought that way, we could have had Andy Whyment as the winner! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the judges or the celebs ever get to know the voting figures during the series itself ?
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Wow Matthew won it easily right from the start - well deserved.

I'm glad I never voted for Jorgie, I was tempted. It would have been money down the drain.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I never voted for Jorgie, I was tempted. It would have been money down the drain.

I only voted for Matthew in the final & the Team Challenge week. I don't regret it though & I only vote a handful of times I don't go mad like some do. Other than that I voted for Chemmy & Seb & Poor Chemmy needed every vote she could get. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I only voted for Matthe in the final & the Team Challenge week. I don't regret it though & I only vote a handful of times I don't go mad like some do. Other than that I voted for Chemmy & Se & Poor Chemmy needed every vote she could get. :cry:

Bless Chemmy.
    I don't regret voting either :D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indyw wrote: »

All I get is a blue page that won't scroll down :confused:

How come everyone else can view it :cry:

Is it possible for someone to cope and paste it ;)
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Great to see this info... Jorgie wasn't as popular as many thought she was!! Not towards the end anyway!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definately good to see the results, I thought Jorgie would have been more popular with the viewers then she was.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to read the link and I can't :cool::(

Please can someone help :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    notice the week andy left he still had double the vote than jorgie..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notice the week andy left he still had double the vote than jorgie..

The cynic in me has always thought that the girls were going to win the team challenge that week in order to make sure Andy was bottom of the judges scoreboard so that he had a better chance of being in the skate off so they could get rid of him
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not when I voted for her, though, for instance helping her reach the Bolero stage instead of Chico.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    Wow. Talk about suspicious. Andy W only goes when he does because of the team Jorgie win for all the girls that week. He would have stayed without the twist. No wonder he was peeved.

Otherwise its just plain depressing. The two males from ITV soaps dominated the vote throughout and the surviving males picked up the male vote from those leaving and half the other girls vote.Andy W got votes for being bad. Lots of votes went to save weak people and not to the best performances and, by the end, they increasingly just follow the scoreboard. ts like the worst years on DOI or X factor when none of the girls could get past 30% and stay there. If it goes on like that the girls may as well not turn up.

And there is something fundamentally wrong with the issue of where people come from and go to . Its notable that 5 out of 7 winners came from ITV shows, 5 winners came from soaps, and 4 winners have had or been given Emmerdale jobs.

And the much hyped closest competition ever was only ever a competition for the one week Jorgie came first.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt was the clear winner all the way through to the final really, which is surprising, I thought Jorgie would be much closer to him. And Jenn did really well in the whole show, it's such a shame she just missed out on the final. :(
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    The cynic in me has always thought that the girls were going to win the team challenge that week in order to make sure Andy was bottom of the judges scoreboard so that he had a better chance of being in the skate off so they could get rid of him

Or to put it the other way to put enough of the girls into a safe zone well above him and force the voters to decide between him Mathew and Chico.

It looks like a twist with a very definite purpose - which it achieved.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to say I'm amazed at how popular Andy was - but with the soap fans voting for him and backing him - he did very well.:eek:
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Great to see this info... Jorgie wasn't as popular as many thought she was!! Not towards the end anyway!!
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    Definately good to see the results, I thought Jorgie would have been more popular with the viewers then she was.
    She was more popular than almost all of them most of the time. Even Matthew and Andy W didn't always beat her.