The People Under the Stairs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Arrow Videos next release this classic from Wes Craven, out on monday ive just placed my order.

The disc is as follows:

Special Features:
-High Definition digital transfer of the film by Universal Pictures
-Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 audio
-Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
-Audio commentary with star Brandon Quentin Adams, moderated by Calum Waddell
-Fear, Freud and Class Warfare: Director Wes Craven Discusses the Timely Terrors of The People Under the Stairs
-Behind Closed Doors: Leading Lady A.J. Langer Remembers The People Under the Stairs
-Silent But Deadly: Co-Star Sean Whalen on The People Under the Stairs
-Underneath the Floorboards: Jeffrey Reddick, creator of The Final Destination series, recalls the lasting impact of The People Under the Stairs
-Original Trailer
-Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Stephen R. Bissette
-Collectors booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills

Really Really interesting stuff imo, cant wait to watch this again, anyone else have good memories of this?

Comments

• Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it again a year or so back recorded from Sky something or other (don't think it was the Horror Channel as the picture quality was actually decent :D). I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, first having seen it as a teenager. The black humour worked more for me this time around, I think. I certainly would be interested in the Arrow disc :)

Notable also at the time of course for the deliberate casting of Wendy Robie and Everett McGill, who were freshly famous as an on-screen couple from Twin Peaks. Both really let perverted panto villainy fly with gleeful gusto!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh... I haven't seen this for years! Great film :D
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think my favourite line in the film goes along the lines of;

"Your dad's one sick mother. Actually, your mother's one sick mother too.. ". ;-)

Great film and will pick up... but probably on a 2 for £15 offer, in a few months time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Loved this film when I was younger! Must have known the whole script off by heart in the end. One of my favourite bits is when the dad is trying to find Fool when he's in the walls and he breaks through a wall and shouts "gunna kill yooo!" In a really dopey voice. That line became a running joke between me and my mates for years! Might dig out my DVD copy to watch tomorrow night now.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Loved this film when I was younger! Must have known the whole script off by heart in the end. One of my favourite bits is when the dad is trying to find Fool when he's in the walls and he breaks through a wall and shouts "gunna kill yooo!" In a really dopey voice. That line became a running joke between me and my mates for years! Might dig out my DVD copy to watch tomorrow night now.

I was just going to post about this very line!!!!! We used to repeat in exactly the same way. That's so ace, because it's a bit of an obscure one really. I thought we might be the only ones who did it! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    I was just going to post about this very line!!!!! We used to repeat in exactly the same way. That's so ace, because it's a bit of an obscure one really. I thought we might be the only ones who did it! :D

Nice to know we weren't the only ones who spent hours shouting that at each other at the most inappropriate times!
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i still have this film on vhs recorded from bbc in 1999. I used to love how cool the house was. so many little doors to get inside and run around between the walls.