Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Morning

Discovered this morning that I need a new tyre on my car. :( cars are a financial drain, though I wouldn't be without mine.

Roll on 8pm when I finish work this evening
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning! Wish I was still sleeping. I'm sat at work waiting to start.

I've packed a change of clothes for hospital radio afterwards but I've forgotten to pack shoes. I'm gonna look such a pillock. Gonna be wearing my work shoes instead.

What are you all doing today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon

Where is everybody? This thread is so quiet lately. I'm watching "The Duchess" which was on the BBC the other night. It's a sad film but I like it.

Does anyone know of any good websites for second hand books?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I've been busy working on my dissertation and we also had guests. My aunt and uncle were over from London. I just discovered that they stole loads of food on us >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening. :)

How are you all? I'm just about to start work for the weekend. Roll on Monday when I'll be curled up on the sofa with Netflix!

Any plans for the weekend?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good afternoon. :)

What are you all doing? I'm watching season three of "Breaking Bad" after having cooked dinner. I love having the house to myself.

This thread is very quiet of late, isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finished my dissertation :D:D:D
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't this section degenerated into a load of sh1te?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    Hasn't this section degenerated into a load of sh1te?

This thread or the whole Music forum?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This thread is certainly quiet, lately ^

What are you all doing today? I'm watching "Breaking Bad" at the moment. The weather in the South East of England is atrocious. We've had rain non-stop today. My parents are supposed to be playing golf later. Whether or not they will, I don't know. I'll be curled up on the sofa indoors rather than stepping outside.

What have you all been listening to lately? I've been listening to a lot of Little Big Town's music and I bought Gwen Stefani's "Love Angel Music Baby" last week too. We do have an original copy somewhere though we lost it. I've always liked that album.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I worked then watched most though not yet all of the X Factor. From what I have seen so far, I like Lauren most.

At work a chance remark by someone who had Dominos caused me to admit to watching Hollyoaks!

I am on here tonight instead of tomorrow so that I can then prepare for a few days away. I shall then join you again on Thursday.

Oh yes, have a brilliant August Bank Holiday. :)
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't been on here in ages, have I missed anything?

Laying in bed listening to the fantastic album by Whitney Rose, Heartbreaker of the Year. Her cover of Be My Baby with Raul Malo is a particular highlight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have yet to watch the X Factor. I'm not a fan but I usually watch the first one in a series and then switch off.

I am not working today. Normally I always end up working on Bank Holidays but not today. :) although I have no money and the weather is terrible so I'm spending the day watching things on Netflix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :)

What are you all doing? I'm catching up with the VMAs at the moment.

I can't wait for pay day. I'm looking forward to having money again. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was in an Apple Store again. Needed a new case for my Macbook Air as the zip has gone on the old one. They're getting rid of the One to One training classes so people will have LIVES again :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Giving Maddie & Tae's album a listen on Apple Music. Aside from the singles, it's not too bad so far. I couldn't stand "Girl In A Country Song".
    I was in an Apple Store again. Needed a new case for my Macbook Air as the zip has gone on the old one. They're getting rid of the One to One training classes so people will have LIVES again :D

Across the board or only at your local?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

Across the board or only at your local?

All Apple stores. Resellers, like I have in Ireland, will continue to do their own version, but the real Apple stores will no longer offer the classes :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon.

I've got a 60s, 70s and 80s playlist going at the moment :)
    All Apple stores. Resellers, like I have in Ireland, will
    continue to do their own version, but the real Apple stores will no longer offer the classes :D

Ahh right okay. It's probably more financially viable. They probably don't get that many people in the one to one classes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Ahh right okay. It's probably more financially viable. They probably don't get that many people in the one to one classes.

Exactly. The program used to be popular and loads of people bought memberships and kept renewing them (it worked kinda like a gym membership in that you could go for as many lessons as you wanted in a year), but people are not signing up for it any more. Instead people will be directed to the free workshops the Apple stores have always had, even before One to One existed. I personally never saw the point in the training, the Mac is very easy to use and a good book and trial and error is usually good enough in most cases.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!

I'm finally on to season five of "Breaking Bad" :) I've made the mistake of starting another TV program on Netflix whilst still watching this. Juggling TV shows is not good. That said, I can't wait to start watching "Pretty Little Liars" properly. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Been charged emergency tax again. Fuming! I've filled out a p46 to (supposedly) stop it from happening. Hasn't bloody worked. It wouldn't be so bad but they're so difficult to get hold of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only got 55% in Equality Law :cry: I'm disappointed. I might go to L.A's office and put things right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon

I went to Bluewater today and only walked away with a CD. I never buy very much in Bluewater but I thought that I'd find more. That always happens when you go shopping with money to spend. There's always nothing when you have no money. Looks like i'll be saving it instead.

I did buy some concert tickets the other day for Lindi Ortega in London. It's not until February but it's something to look forward to. I picked up her album "Faded Gloryville" today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :)

What are you all doing? I'm listening to Carrie Underwood's first album "Some Hearts" on Spotify. I don't like the new layout of Spotify. You can't listen to an album from start to finish anymore, you have to shuffle the tracks. :( it's annoying if you want to listen to a particular song.

I don't know why they've changed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This thread's been so quiet, but I guess I've been rather busy. Went to see L.A. last week about my Equality Law grade and I'm meeting my potential PhD supervisor on Monday so I have to prepare the first draft of my proposal for him. Keeps me busy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This thread's been so quiet, but I guess I've been rather busy. Went to see L.A. last week about my Equality Law grade and I'm meeting my potential PhD supervisor on Monday so I have to prepare the first draft of my proposal for him. Keeps me busy!

It seems that everybody's been busy :)

Looking forward to starting your PHD?