Why is Linda being Unfairly debated

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
I have been really shocked this year at what really does look like hate towards Linda Nolan. I find it truly amazing. From the edits that we were shown, and lets face it we do not have LF anymore so we are all aware we see around 47 mins per day from a 24 hour day. It did appear that Linda had become too involved in every thing Jim said to her, I believe she would have enjoyed herself much more if she had ignored his digs (and he did dig at her just as much as she did at him in fairness). Infact when being interviewed Luisa did say it was Jim making digs at Linda. For me Ok she may have looked a bit miserable, she may have stood up to Jim, she may have even gone on too much about Jim's behaviour but compared to the other behaviours going on in that house it was small potatoes. Lets be honest - Jim mentioned Frank Carson dressing room knowing the hurt and sadness that would evoke, love Jim or hate him that was not called for. There was Lee going back and forth from girl to girl without much consideration for either of their feelings. Lional turned on Jim first opportunity he got to nominate. Evander made uneducated remarks about a section of society. And so on and so forth but for many the worse thing as been Linda having a few words with Jim. Goodness me give the girl a break there was much worse behaviour in that house this year than Linda Nolan having a few words with Jim Davidson.

This is posed as a debate question not to encourage statement of dislike for either Jim or Linda or any other HM.

Comments

• molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said in another thread HMs tend to get back what they show us they are like, we saw Linda rather bitter and that is what she got back on the forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    I said in another thread HMs tend to get back what they show us they are like, we saw Linda rather bitter and that is what she got back on the forum.

Hi Mollie, yes I started a new thread, as the one we were on got closed not sure why. I understand you and others thought she appeared bitter but it really isn't the worse thing that occurred this series and yet people seemed to really pick up on it - I don't understand why it seemed the lesser of many evils so to speak happening in the house this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Luisa also was not aware as some of the others weren't at the full picture until they went into the husky task - Ryan himself confirmed that even in the 24 hour footage there were no instances of Jim being nasty or starting the fight.

As for Frank Carson she could have handled it better herself she made it into a drama - she could have held her hands up and said yes he did something really bad and he was sorry for the rest of his life but no she chose to lie to Lee and the others.

Linda deserves all she got - she let the self harming story run for 3 days without coming out and saying she rubbed her wrist and her dropping the 16 year old sister thing on BBOTS - she dug her own hole and fell on her own sword sadly don't think she will learn from this - it was her chance to become a household name again - well she achieved that but for all the wrong reasons.
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it unfair, and in any case why not?
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she came across as a very spiteful, vindictive woman imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's brought out the worst in the Great British public.

As she brought out the worst in herself.

The online tabloids that have articles about her and have those thumbs up green like arrows, all have tens of thousands of likes for the negative aspects towards her and always just a few supporters.

It's the same ratio on here.

The masses and the few.

Which begs the question (from a psychological view point)

just

what personality type does she appeal too?

How do they identify with her?
    Forum Member
    Toggler wrote: »
    Why is it unfair, and in any case why not?

Do you want to debate the title, grammar or spelling or the subject matter?
  • johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the way she kept on at him if it had been the other way round people would be crying murder - i grew up with crazy women like this and it has a lasting damaging effect but yeah haters gonna hate ect i think people are justified in disliking her and if you dont like it well..there is an ignore button hahah
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People do seem to get very emotionally involved in BB - I do myself - but I can't remember the forum focusing so obsessively on someone who was disliked - but who came 8th - instead of on the winner, or any other finalist. It is really bizarre.

It suggests that some people are a bit flat, almost a bit disappointed, about this CBB, even though it had high ratings and their favourite won. They need to try and generate more excitement by focusing on a hate figure instead of on the main show.

In fact, I think that is it. This CBB was played very strongly for drama, ramping up emotions to an unprecedented level. Compare the tepid, ordinary, rather scrappy series that preceded it. It went all out to stir up adrenaline, focusing almost entirely on rows and conflicts. But all that adrenaline has to go somewhere. It is like a police chase (I used to be a PC): I have seen police officers swearing their heads off at someone they have managed to catch because they don't know what to do with the massive surge of adrenaline; in the old days, he suspect would probably have got a punch at the same time.

Objectively, Linda was a very, very ordinary BB housemate. Her implacable dislike was Jim was dismaying, but she was quite right to point out that often they got on well: other housemates confirmed it, and some bits did slip through the edit. And outside that, she seems to have been a pleasant, polite, helpful housemate who joined in with everything, fussed over people, mothered them, listened to them, was actually singled out for not moaning and complaining ENOUGH. I don't suppose she would have won with no Jim in the house; she never seemed terribly exciting, and would have had no 'story'. With a fair edit, showing her positive sides, I think she would have beaten Lee in the eviction, then been out next.

And objectively, I would expect her to be discussed no more than Lionel, another housemate who never looked like a winner, who clashed with Jim, and who was mainly ok in the house.
    Forum Member
    MIKKIL wrote: »
    Luisa also was not aware as some of the others weren't at the full picture until they went into the husky task - Ryan himself confirmed that even in the 24 hour footage there were no instances of Jim being nasty or starting the fight.

As for Frank Carson she could have handled it better herself she made it into a drama - she could have held her hands up and said yes he did something really bad and he was sorry for the rest of his life but no she chose to lie to Lee and the others.

Linda deserves all she got - she let the self harming story run for 3 days without coming out and saying she rubbed her wrist and her dropping the 16 year old sister thing on BBOTS - she dug her own hole and fell on her own sword sadly don't think she will learn from this - it was her chance to become a household name again - well she achieved that but for all the wrong reasons.

So your saying she wrote a piece in the paper saying she self-harmed then 3 days later said she had lied about it. I have not seen either or a link. Just checking I understand it correctly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MIKKIL wrote: »
    Of course he didn't, don't be silly. The BOTS people see the same BB as we do: the highlights and the clips. We have heard them countless times saying that they don't know things because they have only seen what we have seen.
    Linda deserves all she got - she let the self harming story run for 3 days without coming out and saying she rubbed her wrist
    What media appearances did she make between the Star story and Daybreak? She corrected it at the first opportunity, didn't she?
    Forum Member
    the way she kept on at him if it had been the other way round people would be crying murder - i grew up with crazy women like this and it has a lasting damaging effect but yeah haters gonna hate ect i think people are justified in disliking her and if you dont like it well..there is an ignore button hahah

I don't want to ignore other posts Johnny that is the idea of the thread to have a debate on why this particular issue became so huge when so many other less than desirable behaviours seemed to be taking place in the house.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I tended not to like Linda, gave her the benefit of the doubt and then she reverted back to her nasty self, so I gave up on her.

She had balls to go to last nights show and be booed at every turn.

Then she had to make a derogatory remark again later in the show and it fell flat on stony ground.

Jim was superb in playing Linda last night albeit he didn't know what she had been up to since being in the house.

He was all bon ami, no hard feelings, let's hug and played Linda like an old violin

She had no where to go but go through with it on his terms but she must have hated every moment but could do nothing about it.

It did her no harm to be made to congratulate him, humility isn't her strongest point but everything was in his favour by being the nice guy and by goodness he knew it.

Well played Jimbo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deeferone wrote: »
    I don't want to ignore other posts Johnny that is the idea of the thread to have a debate on why this particular issue became so huge when so many other less than desirable behaviours seemed to be taking place in the house.

fair enough:) id rather have debate , even with people i disagree with , rather than this ridiculous banning everything culture we seem to be living in these days

and dont even get me started on "health and safety"....>:(>:(
  • BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member

I agree.

Perhaps the forum should try to understand that what we now see of the hm's is more akin to what we see of Fizz on Coronation Street. We get a story. It is dangerous to read any more into it than that, as the post finale expressions of Linda hate demonstrate.
    Forum Member
    People do seem to get very emotionally involved in BB - I do myself - but I can't remember the forum focusing so obsessively on someone who was disliked - but who came 8th - instead of on the winner, or any other finalist. It is really bizarre.

It suggests that some people are a bit flat, almost a bit disappointed, about this CBB, even though it had high ratings and their favourite won. They need to try and generate more excitement by focusing on a hate figure instead of on the main show.

In fact, I think that is it. This CBB was played very strongly for drama, ramping up emotions to an unprecedented level. Compare the tepid, ordinary, rather scrappy series that preceded it. It went all out to stir up adrenaline, focusing almost entirely on rows and conflicts. But all that adrenaline has to go somewhere. It is like a police chase (I used to be a PC): I have seen police officers swearing their heads off at someone they have managed to catch because they don't know what to do with the massive surge of adrenaline; in the old days, he suspect would probably have got a punch at the same time.

Objectively, Linda was a very, very ordinary BB housemate. Her implacable dislike was Jim was dismaying, but she was quite right to point out that often they got on well: other housemates confirmed it, and some bits did slip through the edit. And outside that, she seems to have been a pleasant, polite, helpful housemate who joined in with everything, fussed over people, mothered them, listened to them, was actually singled out for not moaning and complaining ENOUGH. I don't suppose she would have won with no Jim in the house; she never seemed terribly exciting, and would have had no 'story'. With a fair edit, showing her positive sides, I think she would have beaten Lee in the eviction, then been out next.

And objectively, I would expect her to be discussed no more than Lionel, another housemate who never looked like a winner, who clashed with Jim, and who was mainly ok in the house.
    Excellent Post
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So your saying she wrote a piece in the paper saying she self-harmed then 3 days later said she had lied about it. I have not seen either or a link. Just checking I understand it correctly

It was a headline story in several newspapers and she obviously mentioned it to Liz Jones who also put it in an article on the house.

If she wanted to put it right she could have rung them up and retracted it - let's face it they are always searching for a story - you can defend her all you like but she knew it could harm his chances as it was once again it backfired on her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as someone who has experienced self harm , i found lindas story utterly distugsting, if this was indeed used as a weapon against jim - if the woman is genuinly mentally unstable then what the hell are the bb producers thinking putting her in that house???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course he didn't, don't be silly. The BOTS people see the same BB as we do: the highlights and the clips. We have heard them countless times saying that they don't know things because they have only seen what we have seen.

What media appearances did she make between the Star story and Daybreak? She corrected it at the first opportunity, didn't she?

To be fair though she shouldn't have said it at all.
    Forum Member
    fair enough:) id rather have debate , even with people i disagree with , rather than this ridiculous banning everything culture we seem to be living in these days

and dont even get me started on "health and safety"....>:(>:(

Get a thread going Johnny I could write an essay on some very dodgy "health and Safety" rules - with you on that:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bacon&Eggs wrote: »
    I agree.

Perhaps the forum should try to understand that what we now see of the hm's is more akin to what we see of Fizz on Coronation Street. We get a story. It is dangerous to read any more into it than that, as the post finale expressions of Linda hate demonstrate.

I don't hate Linda at all. She has never and will never affect my life so why would I hate her? I do think she behaved very badly in the house and came across as a rather selfish, spiteful woman with an enlarged sense of entitlement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She knew that if she kept on and on at Jim he would say about FC dressing room, because she stated when Jim said things about her sister he was drunk and did not remember, therefore she knew he would say about FC
    Forum Member
    To be fair though she shouldn't have said it at all.

It does sound like it should not have been said - just like the FCDR statement should not have been said - both Jim and Linda apologised afterwards - very much a muchness here - they seem more similar than different and very much just human.
  • DingbattsDingbatts Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not sure about the editing aspects, but let's say I give her the benefit of the doubt on that; it still is the case that apart from the FCDR incident, where she milked that whole episode for her own ends and her churlish attitude towards Dappy when he nominated her; her rounding on Jim when she came out of the House in the BBOTS studio, was downright inflaming and insensitive to any human being, who had suffered what Jim had to endure that last year, and to my mind that makes her a calculated and distasteful woman. And for that, I could never forgive her - maybe Jim can?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does sound like it should not have been said - just like the FCDR statement should not have been said - both Jim and Linda apologised afterwards - very much a muchness here - they seem more similar than different and very much just human.

No that was totally different. I think Jim said what he said because he was hacked off with her constant nipping at him and as I said in another post I think he probably regretted it immediately. Linda has been saying whatever she has said in the cold light of day AFTER she was out of the house and away from Jim. I think he said it in the heat of the moment (and at least what he said was true) but she made veiled accusations against him after leaving the house that as far as we know, are completely unfounded.
This discussion has been closed.