Options

Episodes of Brookside wanted

Al_manAl_man Posts: 22
Forum Member
I am currently transferring a collection of Brookside episodes to DVD, but am missing episodes from January 1994 to July 1994. If anyone has these episodes on either tape or DVD and would be willing to swap these for other episodes or programs please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    NickyLoverNickyLover Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't transfer to DVD, transfer to YouTube!! :D:p
  • Options
    Hexadecimal666Hexadecimal666 Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Al_man wrote: »
    I am currently transferring a collection of Brookside episodes to DVD, but am missing episodes from January 1994 to July 1994. If anyone has these episodes on either tape or DVD and would be willing to swap these for other episodes or programs please let me know.

:eek: Do you have every episode? There must be thousands!
  • Options
    Burnley_LadBurnley_Lad Posts: 82
    Forum Member

2,915 to be precise!
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am currently transferring a collection of Brookside episodes to DVD.

Whatever you do, don't chuck out the original tapes. You'll find out why once the DVD-R disks start to go funny (as they often do after a couple of years).
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well I will have within the next year, I am copying the episodes for another fan who has all the episodes on tape.

So far I have nearly 500 episodes on DVD.

It's a long job though, but it will be worth it in the end:)
  • Options
    JAMIE22UKJAMIE22UK Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone got all episodes of cassie charlton from 1996-1998 she was my fav character sadly shes no longer with us played by ebony gray
  • Options
    dam2040dam2040 Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    were can i get episidoes of brookside from it was great seeing it on more 4 :D
  • Options
    nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    dam2040 wrote: »
    were can i get episidoes of brookside from it was great seeing it on more 4 :D

Because ch4 have to buy the rights from ALL3MEDIA and it costs a lot. You probally think that because it was on ch4 then they own it, not quite!

Let me explain. When ch4 commision any programme they state clearly in the contract with the production company exactly how many times they will show said programme.

For example, ch4 are allowed to show HOLLYOAKS five times per week but NOT any more!

It was the same for brookie, they had a contract to show it twice a week and that was it.

Now if ch4 or any other channel wants to show brookie or old episodes of h'oaks then they will have to pay the market price for these shows and they are not cheap!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there anyway fans could buy copys off ALL3MEDA?
  • Options
    Hexadecimal666Hexadecimal666 Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leelad05 wrote: »
    is there anyway fans could buy copys off ALL3MEDA?

Try writing to them. It varies from company to company but some will sell copies of episodes privately to people - though it usually costs an absolute fortune :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah but i think it is probs worth it 'Brookside' lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am currently transferring a collection of Brookside episodes to DVD, but am missing episodes from January 1994 to July 1994. If anyone has these episodes on either tape or DVD and would be willing to swap these for other episodes, programs or even money please let me know.

I have now copied the first 1000 or so episodes onto DVD, and will soon reach 1994, I am still looking for the episodes from the first six months of that year. It would be a shame not to have all the episodes in the collection:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am looking for episodes from 2000-2003?? Will you have any of those years collection?
  • Options
    sgt.cryersgt.cryer Posts: 3,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because ch4 have to buy the rights from ALL3MEDIA and it costs a lot. You probally think that because it was on ch4 then they own it, not quite!

Let me explain. When ch4 commision any programme they state clearly in the contract with the production company exactly how many times they will show said programme.

For example, ch4 are allowed to show HOLLYOAKS five times per week but NOT any more!

It was the same for brookie, they had a contract to show it twice a week and that was it.

Now if ch4 or any other channel wants to show brookie or old episodes of h'oaks then they will have to pay the market price for these shows and they are not cheap!

Although each episode is shown about 10 times a week!

how much are the episodes to buy from all3media?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    leelad05 wrote: »
    i am looking for episodes from 2000-2003?? Will you have any of those years collection?

Yes I should have all episodes (apart from those episodes from 1994) of Brookside on DVD by the time I finish the collection in a few months from now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cool thanks Al, but your not selling any are you? only swaping them?

:(
  • Options
    Damon GrantDamon Grant Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Yes I should have all episodes (apart from those episodes from 1994) of Brookside on DVD by the time I finish the collection in a few months from now.

is there no way u would sell them?!?!?!?:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sgt.cryer wrote: »
    Although each episode is shown about 10 times a week!

how much are the episodes to buy from all3media?

anyone gave them a call? see wot they say?...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hey guys, was searching for episodes of this great british drama and found this. (you can't buy them from ebay)

If anyone knows anyone i can buy copies of episodes from please feel free to leave me a messsage, i remember it from the UK, its so real. The body under the garden was great by the way!

Thank you for any help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i want them all on DVD lol

www.petitiononline.com/brooky07/petition.html

We only need 14 signatures to get 3,000 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have now copied the first 1000 or so episodes onto DVD, and will soon reach 1994, I am still looking for the episodes from the first six months of that year. It would be a shame not to have all the episodes in the collection:cry:

I have just a few dozen episodes left to copy, to finish the collection on DVD, but I am still looking for some episodes from the first six months of 1994.

If anyone has these on tape or DVD, please let me know. I could swap them for other episodes or pay.:)

Alan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    i remember it from the UK, its so real.

I have got to agree, it did have the most realistic story lines for any soap by far!!

(ironically apart from the body under the patio, lol)
  • Options
    scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, sorry used to have a couple of episodes but the tapes got destroyed and they wouldnt play at all...:mad:

Also, sorry to go a bit off topic - but you wouldnt by any chance have any episodes of corrie would you? Looking for the Richard Hillman era and Mad Maya episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, sorry to go a bit off topic - but you wouldnt by any chance have any episodes of corrie would you? Looking for the Richard Hillman era and Mad Maya episodes.

Sorry I don't have any episodes of Corrie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have now finished the collection on DVD, but I am still looking for some episodes from the first six months of 1994.

Also does anyone have a copy of Brookside's spin off South made in 1988 about Tracy Corkhill and Jamie Henderson seeking a better life in London.

If anyone has these on tape or DVD, please let me know. I could swap them for other episodes, Brookside specials, or pay.

Alan