Defrosted and Exclusive axed! Petition time!

indywindyw Posts: 359
Forum Member
Defrosted and Exclusive have both been axed for this series of Dancing on Ice.

Please sign this petition to see if we can get ITV to reconsider!

http://www.petitiononline.com/doide/petition.html

Comments

• CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on them. Both shows were pretty cringeworthy any time I saw them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Have signed big style!!!
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,554
    Forum Member
    Interesting if it proves to be true. SCD has gone exactly the opposite way with two main shows, 5 daily ones, specials and histories of SCD - all at startingly little additional cost as the one saturday show provides the people and much of the video replay. On the other hand the repeats of Midsommer probably are cheaper still.
  • emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Have signed - cheers v. much :)
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really sad about this. I often felt like I was in the minority sticking up for Stephen on here, but I'm sure most of those who didn't like him, or Defrosted wanted something else, not nothing at all! I don't know why they couldn't have tweaked the format, or even brought in something new. It Takes Two was very successful for the BBC as a show in its own right, and I'm sure all added to the sense of drama and helped people to get excited about the main show.

Being ITV, I'm sure they'll include a lot of the extra stuff on GMTV and This Morning, but I'd much rather concentrate it into a dedicated show. They need to have something on Friday afternoon's at least!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad shows, but sort of a bad move as well ...
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's far too late to ask them to reconsider now, the schedules will all be done. I only used to watch until Jayne & Chris had been on and switched off as to be fair they were pretty rubbish (although 1 x show on a Friday like they used to do with Pop Idol would be nice with all the best bits from the training)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really disappointed to hear this. One of the things I loove about DOI and SCD is seeing training footage during the week and getting the gossip from back stage. I've signed the petition however I do think it's too late for the schedule to be changed :(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just signed the petition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I am only disappointed that Defrosted isn't going to be on!
  • Josie BartonJosie Barton Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Grade said he hated Dancing On Ice.

I wouldn't be surprised if this series was the last.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Erm hardly. Its one of ITV's most popular shows :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish also that they could bring back Kres!
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indyw wrote: »

Signed sealed and delivered :)
  • EmmaGxEmmaGx Posts: 31,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indyw wrote: »

No way! ... can't believe they would do that ... how are they going to work the stories and get all of that behind the scenes action? ... really disappointed ... especially loved watching between the live shows!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    I've signed too.
  • dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No point wasting your time signing. The day time show was just a cheap filler and the itv2 show was awful. Signing it will not bring it back.
  • AddisonAddison Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Aww I liked Defrosted and Exclusive. Why did they get rid of them? :(
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dids858 wrote: »
    No point wasting your time signing. The day time show was just a cheap filler and the itv2 show was awful. Signing it will not bring it back.
    The original day time show was a cheap filler, yes, but it only started a few weeks into series 1, after they saw how popular DOI was. I agree it's too late for Defrosted, the immediate schedule's been filled. However, if they get enough complaints about Exclusive/Extra, there's still time for them to schedule it to start a few weeks after DOI starts, as they did in the past. And while you might not have liked it, most DOI fans did.

Anyway, there's nothing to lose by signing the petition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved both shows but it really annoyed me that they put exclusive on at 3.30 cos there was no way i was ever gonna be able to see it :mad: i think it was much better at the more reasonable and easier time of 6.30 or 5.30 whenever it was originally
  • beast1982beast1982 Posts: 5,350
    Forum Member
    TBH they did this with x factor this year, cancelling the spin off shows. It must just be an itv/reality change
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    X Factor still had the Xtra Factor
  • SoupBubblesSoupBubbles Posts: 3,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then Michael Grade is an exec. chairman with no taste. At the BBC he fired Colin Baker, forced Doctor Who to go on hiatus and tried to get rid of Blackadder.

If he tries to get rid of Dancing On Ice, it just proves that he has no taste ;)!
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the spin off progs were pretty bad - especially the afternoon ones - but I'm sorry they have been axed. They just needed improving....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I have signed... I think it's crazy that they just axed them... from 2 add on show to NOTHING.. I wouldn't have minded if they had change them up a bit, renamed them, done something new... but to have nothing for such a popular show seems absurd!