Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Sir Ian McKellen was lovely.

Once had coffee with Irish actor Gerard McSorley. Great craic.
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,442
    Forum Member
    met gordon ramsey last weekend at the Great North Run, he was very nice, saw but didn't meet Joe Swash and Kara Tointon but they both seemed very friendly even when the cameras weren't on them
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    quincyg wrote: »
    Sir Ian McKellen was lovely.

Once had coffee with Irish actor Gerard McSorley. Great craic.

Oh no you did not just say that. ;):p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    JEALOUS VERY VERY JEALOUS!
    Where did you meet them?

Oh Dean Andrews is one I meant to add, never met him but he's lovely on twitter :)

I've met them at various things - conventions, an award ceremony & at a Summer fete. I've met Philip a few times, the other members of the cast i've only met once. They are all just the nicest people.

I follow Dean Andrews on Twitter too. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Lady Bolly wrote: »
    I've met them at various things - conventions, an award ceremony & at a Summer fete. I've met Philip a few times, the other members of the cast i've only met once. They are all just the nicest people.

I follow Dean Andrews on Twitter too. :D

I am very very jealous :cry::D

...I'm just about in love with Phil :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    parthy wrote: »
    Oh no you did not just say that. ;):p

yes I did :p I have no shame lol
  • TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    Nice:
    Jordin Sparks: She was one of the sweetest people ever ! She seemed genuinely grateful that people had waited to see her :)
    Jerry Springer: He was also very friendly
    Michael Buble: He was soooo lovely ! When we met him there was a blind elderly lady and he was just so incredibly sweet to her. He spent loads of time taking pics and signing autographs :)
    Tara Palmer Tompkinson: She was hilarious ! She was standing around after a show and asking people for a lighter.. then when i asked her for a picture my friend was carrying a huge primark bag and she said how much she loved that shop.. she surprised me though i thought she would be so stuck up but she was very friendly
    Mark Durden Smith: He was so sweet ! Had plenty for time for people
    Kacey Ainsworth (Little Mo Eastenders): I met her when i was like 8.. and it was my friends bday party and Kacey was a guest at a special opening at the same place.. we all started chanting her name when we heard that she was here (we were all big EE fans :p) and she came in to meet us and signed us all a copy of her official EE cast card and took loads of pics with us.. she was so nice !

Not so nice:
    Camilla Dallerup (professional dancer from SCD): She was quite rude when i asked her for a pic.. but that may have been because she was in a rush..
    Rihanna: She was awful and so up herself
    George Sampson: So arrogant. I wasn't at all surprised though !
    Gok Wan: I didn't meet him but my mum bumped into him in London and said he was quite rude.. i refuse to believe it though because i love him and hope she just caught him on an off day :(:o
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    George Sampson: So arrogant. I wasn't at all surprised though !

That doesn't surprise me either, I've heard from a lot of people who've met him that he's arrogant.

It's weird that some people have met so many celebrities; I've not met any.
    A couple of my friends met Sam, Matt & Jordan from Diversity a few months ago while they were still on the Britain's Got Talent tour, apparently they were really nice & down to earth and Jordan is hilarious.
    I was glad to hear it 'cause I love Diversity, it made me even more jealous of my friends though :p
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tara Palmer Tompkinson: She was hilarious ! She was standing around after a show and asking people for a lighter.. then when i asked her for a picture my friend was carrying a huge primark bag and she said how much she loved that shop.. she surprised me though i thought she would be so stuck up but she was very friendly

I would always have imagined her as being nice. I'm glad to hear she is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Wingett from The Bill, Richard Hammond and James May were all lovely.

I've never met a really rude celebrity but Chris Barrie was very stand-offish when I met him after a show he did in Coventry about 14 years ago. I found out later that he's actually a quite shy man so it might have been a bit awkward for him, so I forgave him in the end.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    browncoat wrote: »
    Most of the people I've met have been either wrestlers, or people from Joss Whedon shows...

The only person who's actually been rude to me was Damon Albarn - who called me a w*****, because I dared to wear leather trousers in The Good Mixer.

Miserable buggers would include the wrestlers Booker T, Raven, RVD, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. As well as Charisma Carpenter, Paul Merton, and Rhona Cameron.

The most friendly would include:- Alyson Hannigan, Amber Benson, Chris Evans, Eddie Guerrero, Eddie Izzard, James Marsters, Jason Mewes, Joss Whedon, Kevin Smith, Leigh Francis, Summer Glau and Tony Head.

Special mentions go to:-

Jonathan Woodward (who actually "married" me and my gf!).

Nathan Fillion (possibly the most charasmatic person I've ever met - plus he gave me a genuine Serenity banknote).

Andy Hallett - a heart of gold, incredibly entertaining - a tragedy that he died earlier this year...

Wow, majorly impressed by the people you have met!

I would definitely have to say James Marsters is a lovely and quite humble person who maintains eye contact and has the most gentle handshake (and soft hands!)
    LOVE him.

Also Eve Myles was just so lovely.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I would always have imagined her as being nice. I'm glad to hear she is.

Same here - very nice but mad as a box of frogs!
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    I met Sophie Raworth a few years when she was doing an outside broadcast and was very frosty and miserable. I was really surprised as she seems really pleasant on TV.

However, she was pregnant at the time and it was extremely cold whe she was reporting outside so she may having just been having a bad day. :confused:
  • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee26 wrote: »
    I would definitely have to say James Marsters is a lovely and quite humble person who maintains eye contact and has the most gentle handshake (and soft hands!)

Ha - I once described shaking hands with JM as "like holding a latex glove filled with jelly".

Very friendly, tho, yeah :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Nice:
    Amy Lee (Evanescence), is so, so sweet. It was the middle of November and we got to Brixton Academy 8 hours early, so meeting her made it well worth it. We was also first in the queue funnily enough.

Avril Lavigne, despite what certain gossip sites say, she was also really nice (And SO tiny), there was about 100 fans waiting outside Wembley Arena in 2004 and she signed something for everyone even though it was about 12am. Her security guards were handing out plectrums too. I don't know if she's changed much since then though.

Son Of Dork, James Bourne's band after Busted split up. They didn't last very long, but it gave me the chance to meet James at least.

Russell Howard, possibly the nicest famous person i've met. He's really sort of quieter than on TV, and he seems almost shocked that people would want to meet him, it's sweet :D

Danny and Harry from McFly, i hugged Danny, and my life was complete. I've seen McFly 6 times now, i bloody love them, i've caught a drumstick and a pair of pants that Dougie had on his head, and got some well amazing photos, so i've been extra lucky with them.

Laila K from Sonic Boom Six, who aren't particuarly well known, gave me and my friend a CD each and signed it, just because we were "so nice" :D

Slipknot, who were surprisingly all very nice. Joey Jordison shook my hand because i was wearing a Murderdolls shirt. That was a very happy day for me.

Terry Pratchett came to my primary school when i was quite young, unfortunately i was too young to remember much about it :( I've got a signed book somewhere...that'd be worth a few pennies now.

I walked past Billy Murray (Johnny Allen from Eastenders) in Canning Town tube station last year but didn't talk to him. That was a pretty entertaining moment. It's the first time i've ever just seen a famous person in the street like that (I know, madness, who would've thunk they do things like that).

I feel as if i'm forgetting someone...

And luckily i haven't met any nasty celebrities yet :D
  • MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met Amanda Holden she is a nasty little beeyatch and very cold and chippy in real life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Chippy? Do you mean "a female prostitute, especially a young and inexpensive one"?
    (had to go on urbandictionary.com for this)
    Or perhaps you mean she looks pale and greasy...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Chippy? Do you mean "a female prostitute, especially a young and inexpensive one"?

Er, no I ddn't mean that. Chippy is a commonly used word to describe someone touchy and irritable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Haven't met too much but Paul Rankin was actually quite nice he stopped to talk to me and a few friends for 5 or 10 minutes.

Martine McCutcheon (?) is a bloody horror as is Calum Best.

Beverley Knight left me a 5 quid tip when i served her at a hotel that I worked in :D and on another note my cousin was Cilla Blacks hairdresser on a number of occasions and she is supposed to be one of the worst human beings he has met.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice celebrities I've met are Simon from 'Trev and Simon' (who is a family friend and really lovely), and Ian Kelsey from Emmerdale (who is incredibly gorgeous in the flesh)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I've met Les Dennis because he was with Amanda at the time. She treated him like shit and obviously just married him as some kind of a career move.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    rob1989 wrote: »
    Haven't met too much but Paul Rankin was actually quite nice he stopped to talk to me and a few friends for 5 or 10 minutes.

Martine McCutcheon (?) is a bloody horror as is Calum Best.

Beverley Knight left me a 5 quid tip when i served her at a hotel that I worked in :D and on another note my cousin was Cilla Blacks hairdresser on a number of occasions and she is supposed to be one of the worst human beings he has met.

im glad to hear that, cause i cant stand her!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Er, no I ddn't mean that. Chippy is a commonly used word to describe someone touchy and irritable.

Awh, I much prefer to believe this version:
    lynxmale wrote: »

Made my day, that did!
  • YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My taxi driver last night said he's had Billy Connelly and Jeffry Archer in his cab (not together) and both of them were absolutely vile!

But he said Vernon Kaye was a delight!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    I met Sophie Raworth a few years when she was doing an outside broadcast and was very frosty and miserable. I was really surprised as she seems really pleasant on TV.

However, she was pregnant at the time and it was extremely cold whe she was reporting outside so she may having just been having a bad day. :confused:

:( I really hope she was having a bad day. I know people have emailed her and had lovely replies. She comes across as so nice on screen I hope what you saw wasn't a fair representation.