Call waiting on Tesco mobile

aleen123aleen123 Posts: 77
Forum Member
I recently got tesco mobile but was not aware that tesco does not offer Call Waiting :-(

Is there any way i can get out of this sim only contract? Due to this, i miss so many important calls:mad:

Comments

• reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really, I'm sure you didn't sign a contract, which means you can't leave.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried these?

Activate call waiting: *43#
    Cancel call waiting: #43#
    Call waiting status: *#43#

Just dial what it says and then press call.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found this on the help section of the Tesco Mobile website

Can I use Call Forwarding and Call Waiting on my Tesco Mobile iPhone?

We're sorry, call forwarding and call waiting are not currently available on the Tesco Mobile network.
  • Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Call Waiting now working on Tesco Mobile?

This post suggests it is:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/networks-contracts-payg/1701426-call-waiting-now-available-tesco-mobile.html
  • andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sent me something to say they have launched it
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sent me something to say they have launched it.

Hmmm, according to a quick Google just now which sent me here (I know it says iPhone in the URL, but the basic point is clear);
    Can I use Call Forwarding and Call Waiting on my Tesco Mobile iPhone?

We're sorry, call forwarding and call waiting are not currently available on the Tesco Mobile network.

I'm not saying I don't believe you as you're probably right seeing as you're on Tesco Mobile (so they could text/email you about it) and I'm not, but it's a bit odd they've not put anything about it on their website as they're usually pretty hot on stuff like that - particularly if they launched it back in November 2012 as that avforums post implies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please can somebody with Tesco Mobile actually test out Call Waiting on their phone to see if it works?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have ordered myself a Tesco Mobile sim from here https://www.tescomobile-freesim.co.uk/Default.aspx

I will test Call Waiting and report back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I'm on Tesco Mobile - they introduced Call Waiting a few months ago, and yes it works fine.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a text the other month telling me it was now available, I've lost the text and can't see any info on their site other than old info that says it's not available!

Their support section is a bit basic!
  • andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *43# to activate apparently