Options

American Idol Top 5 Live Show + Results Discussion

Comments

• Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I only saw bits and pieces of tonight's show. If anyone can be bothered telling me who sang what, I would be very grateful. I gather Amber sang a Streisand song. I simply cannot imagine that. Which song did she sing?
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    angie doing i'll stand by you gave me goosebumps

great song choice for the current events and will get her extra votes regardless of how good she was with it so she should be safe

Candice confuses me , she has a great voice but I just don't get into her songs , that version of the paula Abdul song was very good at the start but it went nowhere for me , the song was a big dance track and not sure it works down tempo as it doesn't build in the same way because that wasn't how it was written

Janelle does nothing for me , i'm not a country fan at the best of times but I just find her boring

kree is so effortless it sometimes looks like she isn't getting into the song and that might sometimes go against her I think

not an amber fan , I hate it when they have a theme like a song from the year they were born and they sing an older song that just happened to be covered that year , and without you is one of those songs that someone seems to sing every year on these shows
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    angie doing i'll stand by you gave me goosebumps

great song choice for the current events and will get her extra votes regardless of how good she was with it so she should be safe

Candice confuses me , she has a great voice but I just don't get into her songs , that version of the paula Abdul song was very good at the start but it went nowhere for me , the song was a big dance track and not sure it works down tempo as it doesn't build in the same way because that wasn't how it was written

Janelle does nothing for me , i'm not a country fan at the best of times but I just find her boring

kree is so effortless it sometimes looks like she isn't getting into the song and that might sometimes go against her I think

not an amber fan , I hate it when they have a theme like a song from the year they were born and they sing an older song that just happened to be covered that year , and without you is one of those songs that someone seems to sing every year on these shows
    BIB - Yes, and I do wonder why. It's a very difficult song to sing and do it justice. Practically no-one should sing it, including Mariah Carey.
  • Options
    iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a lot of you guys in the UK haven't seen the result show yet, but I just watched it here in Canada and I'm gonna express my thoughts in the spoiler tag
    Great top 4. I expected Janelle to leave tonight, but thought Amber was gonna be in the bottom 2, not Kree. That totally shocked me :eek:

I also thoroughly enjoyed Fantasia's performance. Clay's performance was good, but wished he performed an original song instead. Great to see Paula back for a few minutes :D, and also happy to see former Idol alumni Latoya London and Jordin Sparks (with her boyfriend Jason Derulo)
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Dammit cant remember how to do a spoiler and want to respond to that, guess ill have to wait until tomorrow.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Amber from the beginning. Thought her rendition of The Rest of My Life was class.
    so glad she wasn't in the bottom two - yay :D
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Angie
    2 Kree
    3 Candice
    4 Janelle
    5 Amber

But Amber may get the bounce from being bottom girl last week and by having the advantage of the final slot. And of course the judges really like her, even though they didn't call her on the karoke version of Without You.

Interesting decision by Janelle to rock up Dumb Blonde - it certainly made the song into a good performance. Of course the vocals were then not so perfect, but the judges would have complained if she had just stood there singing it straight.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoiler
    They really have backed themselves into a corner next week cause we know they're going to have to use the save because they've run out of contestants. Should have had a top 12
  • Options
    Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewww slimey clay
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    ewww slimey clay

Morphing into Barry Manilow (looks-wise) but I still love him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and heres orville! great show tonight! o.O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amber better than kree? america needs to listen for themselves instead of listening to the judges. :rolleyes: ambers voice is too weak and she often sings the majority of the song slightly off-key
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Spoiler
    They really have backed themselves into a corner next week cause we know they're going to have to use the save because they've run out of contestants. Should have had a top 12

Wasn't tonights show the last night they could use it though?
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Wasn't tonights show the last night they could use it though?

Well they're only going to have one in the final at this rate :p
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right result tonight and can I just say....Fantasia - WOW!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Well they're only going to have one in the final at this rate :p

Yes I know that's why I didn't really understand why they sent Janelle home. Randy said last night its a night to the final and unless its not shown one week if the save cant be used now I don't see how there going to do this.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They shouldn't have tried so hard to keep Amber in this week - if she had been bottom they could have used the save on her. I assume that she will be bottom next week and that they will use the save on her then.

I think that any of the other three could win it really, it probably all comes down to song choice. The judges always say that the contestants choose the song, but is that really true? Are they given a (very) short list to choose from, so that the producers continue to control the show?

I'm not sure really whether any of the finalists will have a high profile career. Obviously Kree and Janelle will have success in country music, but will any of the other three have much chart success apart from the winner's single and possibly their first album?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * I meant month to the final not 1 night
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right result tonight and can I just say....Fantasia - WOW!!

That doesn't usually go down well on DS, but I for one agree with you.
  • Options
    Magic_BeansMagic_Beans Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Save will be used on Amber next week basically. It's basically just a top 4 two weeks in a row. They should do that, or just carry the votes over from the previous week.
  • Options
    Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    Save will be used on Amber next week basically. It's basically just a top 4 two weeks in a row. They should do that, or just carry the votes over from the previous week.

The fact is that they will use the save on any of the top 4, there's no guarantee Amber will be bottom. She deserved to be in the top 3 and I think they got the bottom 2 right given Kree's underwhelming song choices.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    That doesn't usually go down well on DS, but I for one agree with you.

Really? I have no idea how anyone could deny that lady's talent. Reminded me of a young Tina Turner.

Amazing.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I have no idea how anyone could deny that lady's talent. Reminded me of a young Tina Turner.

Amazing.

I personally think she's incredible though I agree her voice is not the norm by any stretch she certainly knows how to use it effectively , Definitely not a DS favourite though .
  • Options
    PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn - I forgot the results show was on last night in the UK :(!!

Could anyone please tell me who was in the bottom two with Janelle?

Does anyone know if it's repeated on 5* or on 5ondemand :)?

EDIT: Just read the spoiler to say it was Kree. I kind of agree this week although I'm glad she didn't go! I thought her songs were a bit bland and I thought Amber, Candice and Angie gave the standout performances this week. I agree with the result.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantasia wow... great song. Such a great Idol winner but never got the success her talent deserves.