it's obvious you don't :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    I like the theory it's Reede Smith - 'Reede' sounds like 'Red'
    it's also an anagram for 'the red is me' and 'the theme is red'
    plus Bruno said that RJ is a Where's Waldo character not someone major and Reede is the one least suspected atm by fans

Sorry in you original post you said "the theme is red" how is that an anagram?

But in a later post you conveniently put "theme is red" i was quoting your original post. Accept your fist anagram was correct.

Either way grasping at straws is an under statement.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Sorry in you original post you said "the theme is red" how is that an anagram?

But in a later post you conveniently put "theme is red" i was quoting your original post. Accept your fist anagram was correct.

Either way grasping at straws is an under statement.

Reede Smith has 10 alphabets and you would have to be incredibly dumb (or desperate) to now admit that ' the red is me' is the equivalent anagram but not the 'theme is red' merely because of the placement of an apostrophe - talk about grasping at straws :rolleyes:
    btw what 'fist' anagram are you referring too as I don't recall mentioning such an anagram?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reede Smith has 10 alphabets and you would have to be incredibly dumb (or nitpicky) to now admit that ' the red is me' is the equivalent anagram but not the 'theme is red' merely because of the placement of an apostrophe - talk about grasping at straws :rolleyes:
    btw what 'fist' anagram are you referring too as I don't recall mentioning such an anagram?

They are 2 of your original anagrams. This first one is correct. The 2nd isn't an anagram. 'the theme is red' How many alphabets are in that quote?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Accept your fist anagram was correct.

again, what is this 'fist' anagram that you are referring to? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and what is this 'fist' anagram that you refer too?

I think we can agree i meant first but you can keep on highlighting it as fist if you want and it makes you feel better.

1) aka "fist" anagram 'the red is me' this is correct
    2) 'the theme is red' is incorrect

So in your original post when you mention both anagrams the second is incorrect.

Any reply can send to my PM as this is about Mentalist, not about what makes up an anagram and highlighting a spelling mistake
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any reply can send to my PM as this is about Mentalist, not about what makes up an anagram and highlighting a spelling mistake

look who is talking lol :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    look who is talking lol :rolleyes:

PM sent so you can explain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reede Smith has 10 alphabets and you would have to be incredibly dumb (or desperate) to now admit that ' the red is me' is the equivalent anagram but not the 'theme is red' merely because of the placement of an apostrophe - talk about grasping at straws :rolleyes:
    PM sent so you can explain

see post #54 above which I have kindly requoted here for you in case you have trouble finding it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the theory it's Reede Smith - 'Reede' sounds like 'Red'
    plus Bruno said that RJ is a Where's Waldo character not someone major and Reede is the one least suspected atm by fans
    Jesus:yawn:
    Can we agree in the quotes above you have stated 2 anagrams? Hopefully we can

'the theme is red' is not an anagram of Reede Smith

If we then argue the placement over a ' then does that apply to your first anagram, if so then that is incorrect. Either way i quoted your first post which at the end of the day is incorrect, so deal with it

And to be really pedantic as you seem to really enjoy it but Reede doesn't sound like Red at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to be really pedantic as you seem to really enjoy it but Reede doesn't sound like Red at all

bib - look who's talking again lol :rolleyes:

and

"REEDE is a variation of REED [ From an English surname which comes from multiple sources, including Old English read meaning "red" (originally a nickname given to a person with red hair or a ruddy complexion)]"

you were saying? :yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anagram's mean nothing. No point arguing over them. There' a William Blake painting called A Brace of Partridge and look where how he ended up...

I reckon the clue in the final scene is the 666 written on the wall. The Number of the Best is 666 is another painting by Blake part of The Great Red Dragon paintings which is the title of episode 7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anagram's mean nothing. No point arguing over them. There' a William Blake painting called A Brace of Partridge and look where how he ended up...

I reckon the clue in the final scene is the 666 written on the wall. The Number of the Best is 666 is another painting by Blake part of The Great Red Dragon paintings which is the title of episode 7.

I don't think we can dismiss anagrams and word games so easily as RJ (and Bruno) have used them quite frequently
    remember Dr Joe - N. H., anagram for RJ? - tho I expect some pedantic poster(s) will say it's not an anagram with the hyphen etc lol :D
    Roy Tagliaferro/Cut Iron Properties? Agent Rojo?
    anyway as I've said earlier, Bruno is the writer and I wouldn't be surprised if he decides that RJ will be the last person suspected by fans then for maximum effect, so we could be wasting our time speculating
  • Options
    hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we can dismiss anagrams and word games so easily as RJ (and Bruno) have used them quite frequently
    remember Dr Joe - N. H., anagram for RJ? - tho I expect some pedantic poster(s) will say it's not an anagram with the hyphen etc lol :D
    Roy Tagliaferro/Cut Iron Properties? Agent Rojo?
    anyway as I've said earlier, Bruno is the writer and I wouldn't be surprised if he decides that RJ will be the last person suspected by fans then for maximum effect, so we could be wasting our time speculating

Yeah but just because a suspect name makes the word red in an anagram doesn't mean that person is Red John. Other suspects have better reasons than Reede Smith.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :yawn:
    bib - look who's talking again lol :rolleyes:

and

"REEDE is a variation of REED [ From an English surname which comes from multiple sources, including Old English read meaning "red" (originally a nickname given to a person with red hair or a ruddy complexion)]"

you were saying? :yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but just because a suspect name makes the word red in an anagram doesn't mean that person is Red John. Other suspects have better reasons than Reede Smith.

I'm not saying that anagrams per se mean someone is RJ, just it's one of the many interesting aspects behind the Reede Smith theory
    and if you read the various fan theories in favour of Reede Smith, you'll find there's much more behind them than just anagrams ;)
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, everyone just relax
    The gun doesn't work
    I put peanuts in the chamber

I believe I read somewhere that Bruno said there would be no messing about this season and that episode kicked things off in fine style. We got developments in the Red John arc and there were two cases of the week into the bargain.
  • Options
    Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    OK, everyone just relax
    The gun doesn't work
    I put peanuts in the chamber

I believe I read somewhere that Bruno said there would be no messing about this season and that episode kicked things off in fine style. We got developments in the Red John arc and there were two cases of the week into the bargain.

I really liked the little opening case in the teaser. Reminded me a lot of the pilot.

Still think Haffner is RJ, with Brett Stiles being involved somehow.
  • Options
    DotheboyshallDotheboyshall Posts: 40,583
    Forum Member
    What's happening to Lisbon - "Don't you think she looks tired?"
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Happy Mentalist Sunday - lets hope tonight's is as good as last Sunday's episode :)
  • Options
    DotheboyshallDotheboyshall Posts: 40,583
    Forum Member
    Why all the 2 parters for season starts?
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I don't buy that red John is like a comitee.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    I don't buy that red John is like a comitee.

It certainly come across that way though. Those 3 all seemed in on it.:confused:
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So wat was in the oven when Jane opened it, was watching it live so I missed the reveal.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So wat was in the oven when Jane opened it, was watching it live so I missed the reveal.

It was the head of his psychiatrist who he saw after the murder of his wife an kids.

Red John had killed her for info and to annoy Jane.