Thank You Victoria!

Victoria Wood's presence on the finale made this series extra special for me :)

I've always been a fan of her brand of comedy and she's always been top of my fantasy-panel on You're Fired!

She didn't disappoint - she was a hoot :p

Comments

• redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, she's a funny lady.....enjoyed her on you're hired.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love VW - but on YF I thought she was spectacularly unfunny!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was hilarious when describing the Atishu ad! :D
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked how she, unlike the others, did not gloss over Alex's behaviour.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neenaw wrote: »
    I thought she was hilarious when describing the Atishu ad! :D

Yes me too!
  • pammi_ipammi_i Posts: 6,851
    Forum Member
    I liked how she, unlike the others, did not gloss over Alex's behaviour.

I missed it. I can't wait for the repeat - I do hope they are repeating on Saturday - I suppose there's always that online thing too! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like her... she was too confrontational. I don't want to feel uncomfortable watching You're Fired. I hope we don't have her on again; she's there to be funny, not to stay on the attack the whole time.

On the other hand, she was very funny offering her take on the Atishu advert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    I Did Not Find Vw Funny Either , I Thought Her Ridicule Of The Atishu Ad Was Tantamount To Rudeness And I For One Like Lovely Lucinda Thought It Was Unfunny , Just Like Most Of Miss Wood's So Called Comedy Sketches
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the way she re-wrote the Atishu ad. Very typically Victoria Wood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aenaryn wrote: »
    I didn't like her... she was too confrontational. I don't want to feel uncomfortable watching You're Fired. I hope we don't have her on again; she's there to be funny, not to stay on the attack the whole time.

I totally agree with both your comments. I felt uncomfortable watching. I love her in dinner ladies etc but this was not at all funny in my opinion. It just didn't feel or sound right when she was on the panel - there were hardly any positives. She seemed to be very confrontational and didn't seem to have anything particularly good to say.
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with both your comments. I felt uncomfortable watching. I love her in dinner ladies etc but this was not at all funny in my opinion. It just didn't feel or sound right when she was on the panel - there were hardly any positives. She seemed to be very confrontational and didn't seem to have anything particularly good to say.

I thought it was brilliant!! Luckily everyone is different.
  • sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the way she re-wrote the Atishu ad. Very typically Victoria Wood.

Love that bit but sadly that was it. She was too serious for me & not the VW I know & love.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,101
    Forum Member
    She is great
  • Give It UpGive It Up Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aenaryn wrote: »

I agree totally with your first paragraph but I thought her take on the Atishu ad was predictable and unamusing.

I thought she came across as a sad old @r$e.
  • 2LO2LO Posts: 1,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's brilliant.

I think a lot of people assume that because someone is a comedian in an act they have no serious side to their personalites.

She made a lot of good, intelligent, points.

Her take on the tissue ad was hilarious but it is true that a lot of comedians would have said much the same things. That's because they pick up on the defects that were actually there for all to see.
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    2LO wrote: »
    She's brilliant.

I think a lot of people assume that because someone is a comedian in an act they have no serious side to their personalites.

She made a lot of good, intelligent, points.

Her take on the tissue ad was hilarious but it is true that a lot of comedians would have said much the same things. That's because they pick up on the defects that were actually there for all to see.

Exactly!!! She was ecellent (IMNVHO)