Just been soaked to the skin by an idiot driving a 4x4!

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
About two hours ago me and my mum were walking along a road near our home, when a ******** driving a 4x4 like the clappers drove through a very deep puddle that was right across the road and soaked us to the skin:mad:

Im not exagerating we were soaked. We looked like we'd been in a swimming pool in all our clothes. We were on our way somewhere and couldnt go home and so we have wandred around for the past hour or so shivering and freezing cold because of this idiot.

There is no way the prick hadnt seen the puddle either. All the other cars had driven slowly through it so as not to splash pedestrians. But this dick obviousley didnt care. Its so inconsiderate:mad: I was always taught to drive through big, deep puddles slowly so you dont soak pedestrians.

I was so angry. If I'd had something in my hand I'd have thrown it at them. If they I had been able to trace them they'd have awoke tomorrow morning with a nice dollop of eggs flower all over their chelsea tractor.

I really hope they got a bit further along the road and crashed:mad:

Im so angry!!!!!

Comments

• DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not the BBC, you can say Land Rover......
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About two hours ago me and my mum were walking along a road near our home, when a ******** driving a 4x4 like the clappers drove through a very deep puddle that was right across the road and soaked us to the skin:mad:

Im not exagerating we were soaked. We looked like we'd been in a swimming pool in all our clothes. We were on our way somewhere and couldnt go home and so we have wandred around for the past hour or so shivering and freezing cold because of this idiot.

There is no way the prick hadnt seen the puddle either. All the other cars had driven slowly through it so as not to splash pedestrians. But this dick obviousley didnt care. Its so inconsiderate:mad: I was always taught to drive through big, deep puddles slowly so you dont soak pedestrians.

I was so angry. If I'd had something in my hand I'd have thrown it at them. If they I had been able to trace them they'd have awoke tomorrow morning with a nice dollop of eggs flower all over their chelsea tractor.

I really hope they got a bit further along the road and crashed:mad:

Im so angry!!!!!

Can we assume you didn't get the reg No? If you did, then report it.
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I drove through a big puddle earlier today, but there weren't any pedestrians about, so it wasn't me who soaked you.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Does the type of car make a difference to whether they 'soak' you or not?
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    Lol, happened to me a few years ago.
    It was a day just like today, all the roads were puddled and there's this narrow bit of pavement that I needed to walk along to get home.
    Anyway several cars come past slowly, a bus comes past slowly, even then i still got a bit wet around the legs. Once the bus had gone from behind i could hear another car coming, and speeding up.

Sure enough, whooosh! And i was soaked. All I could do was laugh about it, no point getting angry cos he'd already legged it down the road.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,095
    Forum Member
    It's also illegal. Report it and the time and location at a local police station and they will track the vehicle down if they have CCTV of it and will get them in the end :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know exactly how you feel. A guy tried to do the same to me and my friend. He sped up when he saw the puddle near us and tried to drive through it and cover us, but we were too quick and saw it coming.

These people think they are funny but I believe in karma. It ain't funny. I really was wishing that there was a huge metal spike in the middle of the puddle. :)
    Forum Member
    Saigo wrote: »
    Does the type of car make a difference to whether they 'soak' you or not?

I expect a 4x4 would make a much bigger wave of water due to tyre size, so yes it would likely affect the amount of 'soaking' and increase the drama. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    It wasn't me - I haven't been out today cos the weather is so bad!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people are just hideously and outrageously inconsiderate. Strangely enough quite a lot of these people drive stupidly large and inappropriate vehicles for town use.

They will always exist. Don't let it get you down.

Have a bath, change, some vino.

All will be good.

And of course you will always be superior to that selfish, ignorant tosser.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also illegal. Report it and the time and location at a local police station and they will track the vehicle down if they have CCTV of it and will get them in the end :)

I didnt realise it was illegal. I wish I'd taken the number plate and reported it now. Like my mum said, some people do it on purpose. What if we'd been elderly or had a child in a push chair or someone in a wheelchair with us? They would have been dripping from head to toe:mad:
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect a 4x4 would make a much bigger wave of water due to tyre size

The footprint of a 4X4 is probably no larger than a sports car driving on very wide tyres.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt realise it was illegal. I wish I'd taken the number plate and reported it now. Like my mum said, some people do it on purpose. What if we'd been elderly or had a child in a push chair or someone in a wheelchair with us? They would have been dripping from head to toe:mad:

It doesn't matter who it is. It just aint right to enjoy making someone elses day miserable. Anyone that does is an idiot. Surely there are better ways of enjoying yourself. I just think they have sad lives and no imagination. I have said it before...Karma!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mallaka wrote: »
    I know exactly how yo feel. A guy tried to do the same to me and my friend. He sped up when he saw the puddle near us and tried to drive through it and cover us but we were too quick and saw it coming.

These people think they are funny but I believe in karma. It ain't funny. I really was wishing that there was a huge metal spike in the middle of the puddle. :)

I don't believe in karma as such, or maybe I do but I just call it comeuppance. Nevertheless these arseholes will get it bad one day and they'll deserve it.

Who do they think they are? They're in a galvanised steel box with a heater on, music, will get home soon.... 'I know I'll use my armour to splash that poor cold pedestrian who will now have to go wait on a bus to get home, or in fact they might have been going out for the day, best dress on, going to meet a date? No matter, I'll ruin their day anyway'.

Bastards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are just hideously and outrageously inconsiderate. Strangely enough quite a lot of these people drive stupidly large and inappropriate vehicles for town use.

They will always exist. Don't let it get you down.

Have a bath, change, some vino.

All will be good.

And of course you will always be superior to that selfish, ignorant tosser.

Yeah some people with 4x4's think it makes them superior to other road users. They are so dangerous. Why would you need one unless you lived either on a farm or in a really remote village on a mountain somewhere?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    The footprint of a 4X4 is probably no larger than a sports car driving on very wide tyres.

So maybe OP would have mentioned that if that were the vehicle.

I'm not really getting your point.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who do they think they are? They're in a galvanised steel box with a heater on, music, will get home soon.... 'I know I'll use my armour to splash that poor cold pedestrian who will now have to go wait on a bus to get home, or in fact they might have been going out for the day, best dress on, going to meet a date? No matter, I'll ruin their day anyway'.

Bastards.

..And relax.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I drive a 4x4.

I will no doubt go to hell.

Ah well.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It happened to one of my classmates in uni the other day. He was going back to his car to get his laptop and he got soaked by some driver and he had to go home and change. A couple of years ago I was walking into school when I got soaked by some car. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah some people with 4x4's think it makes them superior to other road users. They are so dangerous. Why would you need one unless you lived either on a farm or in a really remote village on a mountain somewhere?:confused:

And ruining our atmosphere.

My bro has one and needs it. His is a Landrover discovery with no windows or seats in the back just room for tools and enough power to tow a large trailer on untarmacced ground. I have no problem with folk like that. People who need vehicles to do a job are welcome to them.

People who use our fuel and our air to drive a vehicle on inappropriate terrain for prestige deserve nothing less than my abject disgust.
  • Civil CourtCivil Court Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Can we assume you didn't get the reg No? If you did, then report it.

Who would you report it to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    ..And relax.

:DOK

I think I have it out my system now.
  • DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next time carry a 'safety' rock or brick.
    Forum Member
    So maybe OP would have mentioned that if that were the vehicle.

I'm not really getting your point.

They're just having a go because they may be a 4x4 hugger and offended by the OPs naming and shaming of it in a crime :eek: Next it'll be you're putting us all in the same boat and then someone will say I can't be a 4x4 hater, my friend is one...and the cycle continues.

Well, unless there is a 4x4 about, because then he'll have probably been ran over ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And ruining our atmosphere.

My bro has one and needs it. His is a Landrover discovery with no windows or seats in the back just room for tools and enough power to tow a large trailer on untarmacced ground. I have no problem with folk like that. People who need vehicles to do a job are welcome to them.

People who use our fuel and our air to drive a vehicle on inappropriate terrain for prestige deserve nothing less than my abject disgust.

This one had blacked out windows. So I couldnt even see if it was a man or woman driving. Its usually men who have them to compensate for having a small penis I dare say:rolleyes: