Mayday, BBC1&HD, 9pm Sun-Thu

Comments

• anngall10anngall10 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Of this was Taggett it would be the guy in the DVD rental shop!
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    Absolutely not, she is just dreadful. Worst overacting I've ever seen. Never seen her in anything else but in this she is horrendous.

She was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in Hotel Rwanda.

I think she is playing the part well, I don't think we are meant to like her character at all.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    anngall10 wrote: »

Ooooo now there's a thought :eek:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    Absolutely not, she is just dreadful. Worst overacting I've ever seen. Never seen her in anything else but in this she is horrendous.

What I have seen of her she has been really good. I don't see how they can have an ex cop acting so dopey in this? But no doubt we will find out tonight.

The ending had better be good :mad:
  • moondewmoondew Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could have been Linus - in the first ep he said he fancied Caitlin, and seemed sure that they would get together, even though she was snogging someone else at the time. I think he killed Hattie so that he could be a shoulder to cry on for Caitlin, and she would then like him more. ;)
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure how I missed that myself. Did a whole town in the Scottish borders really fall from the sky?

No. that would be just silly. It was obviously the American actor Mario Van Peebles.
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Nah it was the guvenor of Baltimore Tommy Carcetti
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a theory about what is in Everett's bag:
    A block and tackle and a rope used to hoist the body into the tree.

Also Linus is well dodgy: selling himself on Skype for gifts and money. I checked my recording of part 1 to see if the man was Malcolm. In fact there were two similar scenes with different men, neither of whom was Malcolm. However, it's probable Malcolm was one of his customers and that's what the money was for.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll probably transpire that Caitlin is indeed Hattie in disguise and that the real Caitlin is dead. Or something like that? :rolleyes:
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I think the brother who lives in the woods put her in the tree, to stop her getting mauled by wild animals. He said he saw her, and wiped dew from her eyes, so I think he found her.
  • AlabasterCodifyAlabasterCodify Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I think the one thing this series has proved to me is that Im missing Utopia!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll probably transpire that Caitlin is indeed Hattie in disguise and that the real Caitlin is dead. Or something like that? :rolleyes:

My thoughts too, one sister killed the other and then switched identities.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member

Oooh I think exactly the same. I think the real Hattie said to Caitlin that she could be the May Queen instead of her but as a result was murdered in a case of mistaken identity.

The stones falling are very spooky though. :eek:
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh I think exactly the same. I think the real Hattie said to Caitlin that she could be the May Queen instead of her but as a result was murdered in a case of mistaken identity.

Logically, in the last scene where they are falling on her as she lies on the bed, it seemed physically impossible, so it is probably imagined, so one wonders what else is in her head?

The appearance of Linus' mother can be explained as imagined, in the same way.
    But the stones seem to be tangible, well, the ones she showed Linus were.
    But were they the ones we saw fall on her before?
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stones confuse me too. I thought it was in her imagination, until she showed Linus the stones. So, it's something supernatural? I don't think it's that clear. And what the hell are they suppose to represent? They seem really random, and hope this is one of the loose ends they tie up.

I'm not sure about Catlin. Even though she said she and Hattie weren't close, she didn't seem too bothered about his sister going missing (unless the actress is trying to emote sadness, but doing a bad job of it). Then she hides the message with the sound of Hattie being taken because her parents might hate her for diverting to answerphone? Talk about me! me! me! Give it to the police! Either she really is selfish or got something to hide.

I'm not sure about Fiona either. Her behaviour as the episodes go on is more and more suspect, but I can't really think of a movitve. Don't think it's a crime of passion. Since Hattie was so hung up with Linus' dad I don't think she would have an affair with Fiona's husband, unless NDN doesn't actually mean Next Door Neighbour, but something else pointing to him. Everett did something horrible to Fiona in the past, which she still holds a grudge about, so she decides to stitch him up? That's a bit of a stretch, but I've seen more wacky motives for murder on these kind of shows...

I don't think the Spicer family has got anything to do with the Hattie's murder, and think they're just a sub-story about the unravelling their dysfunctional family, with her death being the trigger.

I find Linus the only really likable character, even if he is vaguely stalkerish, so it's probably going to end up with him being the muderer. His dad is too obvious, and the twist is probably that he's the good guy looking out for his son (in his own warped way) like hi-vis man looking out for his brother. I agree with those who think Seth found Hattie, already dead, and put her in the tree for whatever reason. I don't think Seth killed her.

Anyway, we'll soon find out! Hope the ending is satisfying and not too lame.
  • fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    My thoughts too, one sister killed the other and then switched identities.:confused:

That was my initial thought, and given Hattie would babysit for Fiona maybe there is a connection to her after all.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. He's in the wrong show. Total caricature even down to the hairdo and snarl. Looks like he should be in Back to the Future or Grease something like that.

He did remind me of Biff in Back to the Future!!
    anngall10 wrote: »

Yeah he is not really sinister or weird at all!! Must be him :D

Well we know Hattie was going to leave, so maybe Caitlin was pretending to be her and covering her being the May Queen, while Hattie did a bunk. Hattie therefore stayed as Caitlin so she wouldn't get murdered again!!

I think the stones falling are in her imagination and she just grabbed some stones to show Linus in a slightly insane way.
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Re Linus: There was no need for him to turn up at copper and Mrs ex-copper's house. He said he "had no where to go" but he did - home. Then he 'let slip' all kinds of accusations about his father ... he's def playing the game.

About the money: I assume he was the inside grass for Malcolm on matters relating to his building project. The internet thing with older men is another matter ...

Fwiw, I keep coming back to the daughter seeing the missing girl on her bike and her mother not.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy-B wrote: »
    Re Linus: There was no need for him to turn up at copper and Mrs ex-copper's house. He said he "had no where to go" but he did - home. Then he 'let slip' all kinds of accusations about his father ... he's def playing the game.

About the money: I assume he was the inside grass for Malcolm on matters relating to his building project. The internet thing with older men is another matter ...

Fwiw, I keep coming back to the daughter seeing the missing girl on her bike and her mother not.

It seems a bit of a coincidence if the money was intended for someone else called Linus, though doesn't it?
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About the money: I assume he was the inside grass for Malcolm on matters relating to his building project.

Good theory. Linus the spy.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    She was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in Hotel Rwanda.

I think she is playing the part well, I don't think we are meant to like her character at all.

Agree...i think she's supposed to be dislikeable too...looks and everything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Re dosh - I did wonder if it was for something else. I thought it was a bit strange that Malcolm would write the name on the envelope, when his wife had access to the safe as well. After all, if it was for sex stuff, surely he'd just leave it blank as he didn't have lots of envelopes with dosh in, he'd know who it was for and if his wife found it, be easier to lie if there was no name.

So did wonder if it was for something not related to Linus and the sex side of things.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Tylersnan wrote: »
    Hi Rosie, it was filmed in Dorking Surrey.

Thanks. :)
    A friend of mine has the theory that Caitlin killed her, then disguised herself as Hattie where she was seen on the station.
    There may be similar theories, but I haven't read right through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think for something that started of quite painful to watch, with loads of OTT sinister looks and a love of filming tree branches while playing spooky music, it has been fun chatting on here about who did it! So where I thought the show might be a bit of a fail, I guess if it gets people chatting regarding who did do it, suppose it can't be too bad!!!!
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katkim wrote: »
    The stones confuse me too. I thought it was in her imagination, until she showed Linus the stones. So, it's something supernatural? I don't think it's that clear. And what the hell are they suppose to represent? They seem really random, and hope this is one of the loose ends they tie up.

I'm not sure about Catlin. Even though she said she and Hattie weren't close, she didn't seem too bothered about his sister going missing (unless the actress is trying to emote sadness, but doing a bad job of it). Then she hides the message with the sound of Hattie being taken because her parents might hate her for diverting to answerphone? Talk about me! me! me! Give it to the police! Either she really is selfish or got something to hide.

I'm not sure about Fiona either. Her behaviour as the episodes go on is more and more suspect, but I can't really think of a movitve. Don't think it's a crime of passion. Since Hattie was so hung up with Linus' dad I don't think she would have an affair with Fiona's husband, unless NDN doesn't actually mean Next Door Neighbour, but something else pointing to him. Everett did something horrible to Fiona in the past, which she still holds a grudge about, so she decides to stitch him up? That's a bit of a stretch, but I've seen more wacky motives for murder on these kind of shows...

I don't think the Spicer family has got anything to do with the Hattie's murder, and think they're just a sub-story about the unravelling their dysfunctional family, with her death being the trigger.

I find Linus the only really likable character, even if he is vaguely stalkerish, so it's probably going to end up with him being the muderer. His dad is too obvious, and the twist is probably that he's the good guy looking out for his son (in his own warped way) like hi-vis man looking out for his brother. I agree with those who think Seth found Hattie, already dead, and put her in the tree for whatever reason. I don't think Seth killed her.

Anyway, we'll soon find out! Hope the ending is satisfying and not too lame.

why did fiona say to charlotte that they did not see hattie? Alot of loose ends to be tied up tonight, I am going to sky plus it in case I get confused.